The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 September 2019, 10:38 AM   #1
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member

Speedmaster Bracelet

I have a hesalite Speedy inbound tomorrow. I would prefer to install different bracelet. As best I can tell the 1450 is what I’m looking for, likely with 808 endlinks. Is that combo still a thing that can be ordered new? Will that mate right up to the case? Can anyone tell me the actual Omega part numbers for such a setup? Thanks.

E-
Easy E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member

Also, has anyone tried this with the micro adjustable clasp?
Old 17 September 2019, 11:54 AM   #3
othertbone
Banned

Watch: Rolex/AP/Vin Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
I have a hesalite Speedy inbound tomorrow. I would prefer to install different bracelet. As best I can tell the 1450 is what I’m looking for, likely with 808 endlinks. Is that combo still a thing that can be ordered new? Will that mate right up to the case? Can anyone tell me the actual Omega part numbers for such a setup? Thanks.

E-

What's wrong with the bracelet? If you are just getting the watch, wear it for a while before you change anything. Otherwise you will never know what you are missing.
othertbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 02:33 PM   #4
Joearch
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
I got the Speedy with Hesalite and bracelet. Took the bracelet off and out in a custom black croc band. Somehow the stock bracelet did not really appeal to me.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 10:08 PM   #5
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
I have added the adjustable clasp and it made all the difference, I am now enjoying this bracelet. I wish it tapered more but it is what it is. I don't believe you can order a 1450 new anymore. You can order an 1171 bracelet new from Omega but I hear it is "old school" with mixed opinions of quality.

I have been anti this bracelet for years but the investment in the clasp changed my mind.
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2019, 11:41 PM   #6
Easy E
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by othertbone View Post
What's wrong with the bracelet? If you are just getting the watch, wear it for a while before you change anything. Otherwise you will never know what you are missing.
I had a Tin Tin before they were cool, sold it before they were cool. I am familiar with the bracelet. Really dig the watch, not the biggest fan of the bracelet. I don't hate it, but really prefer the look of the 1450/1171/1125 styles.
Old 18 September 2019, 05:44 AM   #7
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I really don’t get the issue with the speedy pro bracelet. It may be blasphemy, but to my eye with the curve of the lugs, and the slight polish, the bracelet really matches nicely. The old flat link which folks get nostalgic about I have tried and it feels like something out of a gum ball machine, it punches the hair, and to my eye looks odd given the curves of the lugs. The only beef which I can see would be difficulty getting s solid fit.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote