The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 February 2018, 09:04 AM   #31
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I would stick it out and not contact them every three weeks for an update. These ADs really have no idea what and when they will receive in inventory. Silly way to run a business but that is how Rolex does it. Your day will come and I hope before July. If you have nothing then get your money back and move on, if you want, but your start the whole process anew with another AD
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 09:25 AM   #32
GolfJunkie
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
I would stick it out and not contact them every three weeks for an update. These ADs really have no idea what and when they will receive in inventory. Silly way to run a business but that is how Rolex does it. Your day will come and I hope before July. If you have nothing then get your money back and move on, if you want, but your start the whole process anew with another AD
Not necessarily contacting them for an update. The rep is a genuinely good guy and I don't mind talking to him and building a lasting relationship. I'm guessing this ins't going to be my last watch so it can't hurt
GolfJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 09:28 AM   #33
GolfJunkie

I realize the demand for this watch and many others is crazy right now and I knew that at the time I made the deposit, just figured I'd have something by now.

Appreciate the comments and input
GolfJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 11:17 AM   #34
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDABBQ View Post
Doesn't Royal Jewellers in Fargo carry Rolex?

I was in there 2 times in the last 2 years ( im from Canada and stop in every time im in the US) They had a showcase of Rolexes.
They have used Rolex watches. They are AD's for Patek and Omega.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 11:24 AM   #35
MILGAUSS88
"TRF" Member

I would call Wixon Jewelers in Minneapolis.
They have the largest selection I have seen in the Midwest, I would think that they would get the watch sooner than other places.
MILGAUSS88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2018, 11:28 AM   #36
MUSTAQT
Banned

For next time, don't be so accommodating with their 30% down request--that's bs. And a deposit is always negotiable. I've bought 3 Rolex watches brand new (cheapest being $7,300) from ADs over the years, and I've only put down between $500-1000 max.
MUSTAQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 05:17 AM   #37
GolfJunkie

Wanted to bump this thread.

It's now been 14 months since I put a deposit down with this AD and I still do not have the watch. I do not think they are being honest with me at this point. The SA I've been dealing with since the beginning told me their store has had one delivery in 2018 that included any professional models. Is that even possible? I've talked with multiple dealers who have had a lot of deliveries this year, especially the 116610lv. One in Minnesota said they've received 5, one in Montana, 4, one in Seattle 9! and yet the AD I'm dealing with claiming they haven't seen one in 14+ months

I've tried to be very patient (obviously waiting 14 months) but at this point I think I'm being flat out lied to. Pretty bummed as I really wanted to buy this watch from an AD (have never had the experience before). Time to pull the plug? I won't buy from a grey dealer either so I guess it's just not meant to be. I also have a 50% deposit on the new pepsi and i'm being told they haven't received on of those yet either and I'm supposedly 4th on that "list". So it could be what 5, 6, 10 years????

What's your thoughts? Take back the 7K+ i have in deposits and just hope to get lucky at some point? Or stick it out and hope they deliver?
Old 29 November 2018, 05:22 AM   #38
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Get your money back.
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 05:29 AM   #39
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Watch: King Midas & Subma
Get your money back and run from this AD, he's not being honest with you. Only 1 delivery in 2018 of professional models? Are they still an AD? Very suspicious to me.
MoosicPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 05:32 AM   #40
jchthe3rd
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, DD
I live in Indy, the nearest AD to me never has any sports models in stock and their display is always empty. Weird!
jchthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 07:02 AM   #41
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Watch: me go broke!
At this juncture, it is your call. You've basically provided them with a no interest loan for the last 14 months, which for a cash flow reliant business is nice on their end.

By the time you get the call from them, I suspect we'll be in a recession. Basically, they'll sell it to you when they have nobody else to sell it to, who knows when that will be?

They're obviously lying to you. One SS shipment in 14 months, that's nonsense.
tbonesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 07:33 AM   #42
mas12
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Run fast and don't look back.

Rolex SubC 116610LN
mas12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 07:34 AM   #43
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Unless I missed something, I don’t think the AD over-promised anything. He mentioned he should have one before Christmas, but it’s only November 28th. The AD still has another 26 days until Christmas Eve.
mistercoach32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 07:50 AM   #44
MCOSUB
"TRF" Member

Watch: A Few
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
Unless I missed something, I don’t think the AD over-promised anything. He mentioned he should have one before Christmas, but it’s only November 28th. The AD still has another 26 days until Christmas Eve.
The AD promised him one before last christmas
Rolex Deep Blue Deep Sea Dweller 116660
Oris Great Barrier Reef #845/1000
MCOSUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 07:50 AM   #45
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Someone failed reading comprehension in school...

He was told in time for Christmas 2017.. we are now in 2018.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:02 AM   #46
GolfJunkie

Quote:
I made the deposit in October 2017 and was told delivery by Christmas of last year, then it was before March of this year, then it was "should be any day" then in September he told me they've only had one shipment containing any professional models, and I believe he said it was a Daytona, Bluesy, and a YMII...

I have a call with the SA shortly and will be requesting a full refund.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:04 AM   #47
jsausley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270/116710BLNR
I think I'd find a new AD. Normally I'd say they're just bumping validated buyers above you on the list since you don't have a spend history with them, but they've taken 30% of the money from you so they should know that you're a real buyer. Try asking for your money back if the watch hasn't come in within the next 30 days and see if your watch shows up. I bet it will.

I waited 6 months with no communication from my AD about my BLNR. Then I bought an Explorer. The next month, I had a BLNR.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:05 AM   #48
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post
Someone failed reading comprehension in school...

He was told in time for Christmas 2017.. we are now in 2018.

Haha. Whoops. I guess that’s what happens when you skim a post waiting for a light to turn green!
Old 29 November 2018, 08:06 AM   #49
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJunkie View Post
I made the deposit in October 2017 and was told delivery by Christmas of last year, then it was before March of this year, then it was "should be any day" then in September he told me they've only had one shipment containing any professional models, and I believe he said it was a Daytona, Bluesy, and a YMII...

Curious, when did you put the deposit down on the Pepsi?

Regardless, I agree with your assessment on a refund.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:12 AM   #50
Carondelet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Air King, 116900
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger0770 View Post
If you feel the sales rep at the AD isn't living up to your standards, take your money where you think deserves the business.
This!

Also, don't rule out other parts of the country. If you can find a cheap flight, it's a possibility as well.
Carondelet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 08:13 AM   #51
mistercoach32
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Got it. Sorry. I was waiting at a long light and just skimmed through it. If it were me, I’d give him another 1-2 months, but let the AD you’ll want your money back if no luck by then. That’s an interest free loan you gave them.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:27 AM   #52
GolfJunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Curious, when did you put the deposit down on the Pepsi?

Regardless, I agree with your assessment on a refund.
The day it was announced.

Actually I told him the night before that if a SS Coke or Pepsi was announced I want on the "list"
Old 29 November 2018, 08:37 AM   #53
tbonesteak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The day it was announced.

Actually I told him the night before that if a SS Coke or Pepsi was announced I want on the "list"
Yea, get your refund.

This sounds like an awful relationship here from an awful AD. You're basically their backfill... Once they can't sell it, you'll get the call, and by then, you'll have already found it.

That's pretty awful of them - the Pepsi I wouldn't have expected (hottest watch, new release, etc.), but honestly, they shouldn't have even taken your 2nd deposit when they hadn't fulfilled your first one. They knew the demand for that watch.

The runaround on this Hulk though, F them, beyond anything, that's just poor treatment of another human being.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:47 AM   #54
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

This thread is exactly why I pay market for watches, which means I buy them when I want one from whom it is available. I would not frustrate myself (and risk $3k) in hopes someone in a far-flung state gets a watch and happens to remember me ... or that they didn't just get a whale come in a drop $100k on three PM watches and happen to mention they want the next LVc that comes through the store. At that point, the list is out the window.

How much is your time worth? Nothing? For what you have invested already calling around, flying to visit stores, etc. you would have paid the grey and been wearing the green monster for 11 months already.

The market is the market ... everyone wants a deal, but I'm not flying to New York to get in line on Black Friday at Century 21.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 08:50 AM   #55
perpetualman88

Watch: 116610, 5712/1A
well they said before xmas and its not xmas yet......... what's there to be frustrated with yet?

if they don't deliver on before xmas like they said when you put your 3k down then I would too be entirely steamed
Old 29 November 2018, 08:52 AM   #56
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

At a discount rate of 7%, seems to me that the AD owes you around $3,210, which of course you will be lucky to get back your $3k principle as I'm sure you didn't sign any type of agreement for penalties for non-delivery. So, you just lost $210 in opportunity cost, plus your time, frustration, air miles, gas, etc. To me, you would have been far better off just calling DavidSW or JustRolexes and any number of great sellers on here and getting the watch you wanted 13 months ago.

Instead of this post, you would be posting pics of the LVc sitting in its rightful spot on your left wrist on the WRUW threads on TRF.

So many non-VIPs get suckered into all the "incoming Pepsi" and "incoming Hulk" posts on here that they think it can happen for them too. With MSRP being so far below market, this dream seems like such a great deal and worth waiting for. Just for our member protection, each "Incoming" thread should be accompanied by, "But I bought this from a Grey", but people are ashamed to admit that because too many think it's a badge of shame. Or, they need to admit, "but I did happen to purchase a rainbow Daytona from them, plus a platinum DD, and three TT DJs for my kids this year before 'my AD gave me such a nice call out of the blue today'".
Old 29 November 2018, 08:53 AM   #57
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpetualman88 View Post
well they said before xmas and its not xmas yet......... what's there to be frustrated with yet?

if they don't deliver on before xmas like they said when you put your 3k down then I would too be entirely steamed
Yep and they missed on 12/25/2017 when it wasn't delivered.
Old 29 November 2018, 08:56 AM   #58
rowlecks
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41, SD43
Taking a deposit on something that you cannot guarantee delivery on, by a specified date, is poor form in the first place.
rowlecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 08:58 AM   #59
77T

Leonard Cohen said it best some 30 years ago...

“Everybody knows that the boat is leaking,
Everybody knows that the captain lied.

Everybody got this broken feeling,
Like their father or their dog just died.

Everybody talking to their pockets -
Everybody wants a box of chocolates -
And a long-stem rose...

Everybody knows...”

Cynical?
Yes, but perhaps an apt analogy to the loaded Rolex scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 November 2018, 10:17 AM   #60
MoosicPa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Oyster View Post
This thread is exactly why I pay market for watches, which means I buy them when I want one from whom it is available. I would not frustrate myself (and risk $3k) in hopes someone in a far-flung state gets a watch and happens to remember me ... or that they didn't just get a whale come in a drop $100k on three PM watches and happen to mention they want the next LVc that comes through the store. At that point, the list is out the window.

How much is your time worth? Nothing? For what you have invested already calling around, flying to visit stores, etc. you would have paid the grey and been wearing the green monster for 11 months already.

The market is the market ... everyone wants a deal, but I'm not flying to New York to get in line on Black Friday at Century 21.

+1.... As the saying goes, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.