The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 1 December 2018, 08:11 AM   #1
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
Opinion on the 2 Rolesors 116621 and 126711

In between the 116621 YM Everose/Steel and 126711 GMT CHNR, both watches appeals to me very much and are at identical price points.
I am looking for a daily and like a bit of bling on jeans.

The newer 126711 GMT has the newer 3285 movement, whereas the 116621 YM runs on 3135, which should eventually be replaced by the latest 3235. However this is not a mechanical decision, to me they are the same.

I have not seen both watches side by side and would like some advice from owners and friends who know these two watches. By taking the movement aside, simply on the physical appeal of these watches, which is more sharp / attractive and better fitting to a 6.4in wrist?

I feel the YM is a slimmer watch and should wear more comfortably, while my BLNR does not feel 100% at home (my GMT case experience).
Please let me know your preference and reasons, thank you.
Old 1 December 2018, 08:24 AM   #2
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
I like the looks of the CHNR over the YM, personally. And I think the ceramic bezel will stay nicer longer over time. Also a slight edge to the GMT for the movement.

Fitment-wise, the GMT is the best fitting watch I own. So for me it's pretty much a clean sweep...CHNR.
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 09:16 AM   #3
hodie9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN,116519LN
I have tried on the YM and almost bought it before Basel but decided to wait and I am glad I did. The CHNR just spoke to me and I love it. Fit is pretty close to the YM in my opinion but the bezel on the CHNR totally blew the YM away in my eyes. Either choice is a beautiful watch so get the one that works for you.
Old 1 December 2018, 09:20 AM   #4
scottwmitch
"TRF" Member

I have to agree with the previous posts. As an owner of the CHNR, I can say that this watch is comfortable, beautiful, and unique. To me, the movement IS very important. The good news is, you can't go wrong as both watches are amazing.
scottwmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 09:44 AM   #5
klenboy
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I plan to actually get both but decided to get the CHNR first because of the new movement (and actually is more stunning). I will get the YM once the movement gets updated.
klenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 09:49 AM   #6
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Both lovely watches. I've tried on the YM, which was nice and that chocolate sunburst dial is terrific (wish they put that on the TT GMT to make it more of a Root Beer), but that bezel of the GMT TT RG is just spectacular.

As for resale, if you buy both for MSRP (nearly the same price point), the YM will take a $3k hit immediately while the CHRN will sell second hand for a $3-4k profit, which indicates what the market thinks about these two watches.

That said, the YM is likely far more accessible at an AD.
SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 December 2018, 03:10 PM   #7
rollee1
"TRF" Member

Watch: it watching me
I am mesmerized by the chocolate sunburst and forgot about logic, Mark pointed out the obvious on market demand which made me think clearer.

It is true that when the new movement moves into the YM, the current will take a big hit.
The CHNR is the one to buy first, eventually down the road I may pick up a 116621 YM (3135) for a steal of a deal, cause I simply like its look.
Thank you for your ideas.