The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 February 2019, 07:16 PM   #1
gmh1013
Banned

Watch: GMT
Dodge Durango V6 anybody own one

I sold my wife 06 Highlander took the cash and walked out of my Dodge dealer with a new 19 Durango.....so far I love it....anybody else own one or have one?
gmh1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 12:01 AM   #2
pickettt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Shiny One
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
I sold my wife 06 Highlander took the cash and walked out of my Dodge dealer with a new 19 Durango.....so far I love it....anybody else own one or have one?
BRIEFLY gave it some consideration. Dodge has some great innovative ideas and designs. Their real world execution of said ideas concerns me though. I hope yours serves you well. Congrats.
pickettt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 12:03 AM   #3
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

I see you didn't like the rate of return in your Highlander to buy a new one?
MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 12:29 AM   #4
1st amg
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex,AP,Panerai
I have the SRT version and dodge has really come a long way with the 7 passenger suv. Loads of great technology and a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1st amg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 12:35 AM   #5
gmh1013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP5 View Post
I see you didn't like the rate of return in your Highlander to buy a new one?
My last Toyota 06 Highlander 2.4 was such a lemon....i will never buy another.....
in 90k miles....
2 starters went out....
AC went out at 55k....
front struts replaced at 40k
When i sold it the trans was on its was out.
New Highlander would run 36k min
Dodge was 29400 drive out. .....I liked the looks better of the Dodge and going against what Ive said all my life I would never buy any Chrysler product.....I know the Fiat merger...not good....just like Nissan and Renault and their junk CVT trans.
I believe Toyota is not as good a car as they were back in the late 80's and 90's.....my 91 Camry was THE best car ive ever owned. My very old G.F. 1975 Datson B210 hatchback took 10 mins to hit 60mph but got 50 mpg and lasted to 220k miles and was so ugly nobody would steal it.
Old 18 February 2019, 04:40 AM   #6
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Just dumped a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the Hemi. $55,000 POS. In 30,000 miles the starter, water pump, air ride suspension compressor and some relay that runs the panoramic roof went out. Not to mention the numerous issues with the U connect and the numerous trips for the dealer to actually fix the air suspension.

I hope you aren’t used to good service department experiences either. Mine may have been a one off dealership issue but it was not good. Seem more focused on not spending any money than on fixing your car when it is broken. Mainly because (according to them) FCA won’t reimburse for warranty unless it is obviously broken. They need to stay in the $25,000 car space.

Went back to Lexus, which is where I should have gone in the first place for her car.

I love my 2016 JK Unlimited Wrangler but no new FCA products for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 06:39 AM   #7
gmh1013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
Just dumped a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk with the Hemi. $55,000 POS. In 30,000 miles the starter, water pump, air ride suspension compressor and some relay that runs the panoramic roof went out. Not to mention the numerous issues with the U connect and the numerous trips for the dealer to actually fix the air suspension.

I hope you aren’t used to good service department experiences either. Mine may have been a one off dealership issue but it was not good. Seem more focused on not spending any money than on fixing your car when it is broken. Mainly because (according to them) FCA won’t reimburse for warranty unless it is obviously broken. They need to stay in the $25,000 car space.

Went back to Lexus, which is where I should have gone in the first place for her car.

I love my 2016 JK Unlimited Wrangler but no new FCA products for me.

Thanks for the input....im.... lets say "worried" my friend a few houses down....is the head of a service dept at a Dodge dealer in Houston.....he says the Fiat/Chrysler merger was not good.....but the Pentastar v6 is 10+ year old engine....with most of the bugs are worked out.....and he has had some come into the dealership with over 250k miles.......his bought his used and has 105k on it. I dont have and "special" packages like Nav or anything.....its one model up from the bottom Durango. I just could not bring myself to paying close to 40k for a Highlander to drive maybe 8k a year....plus i still have 2 Mustangs.
Old 18 February 2019, 07:43 AM   #8
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmh1013 View Post
Thanks for the input....im.... lets say "worried" my friend a few houses down....is the head of a service dept at a Dodge dealer in Houston.....he says the Fiat/Chrysler merger was not good.....but the Pentastar v6 is 10+ year old engine....with most of the bugs are worked out.....and he has had some come into the dealership with over 250k miles.......his bought his used and has 105k on it. I dont have and "special" packages like Nav or anything.....its one model up from the bottom Durango. I just could not bring myself to paying close to 40k for a Highlander to drive maybe 8k a year....plus i still have 2 Mustangs.

Agree Greg. The pentastar V6 is a pretty proven commodity. The same V6 that is in my Wrangler if I recall. Pretty bulletproof.

If your neighbor is a stand up dude and can help you out if need be, you will be ok.

If I brought any other car into a dealership with a warning light on and an error message logged in the system and a cell phone video of the compressor sounding like a porter cable in the passenger seat they would have replaced the compressor the first time, not on the 4th trip after it completely failed and we were 150 miles from home on the bump stops.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 09:58 AM   #9
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
I've never heard of a list like that for Toyota. The issues I've heard are, squeaks, seats suck, uncomfortable, boring, not "two starters" in 90k miles and AC compressor failure. Did you try to start the car when it was already running? I once had the AC break on a Toyota, when I hit a van that abruptly stopped 10 years ago on the highway. i’m not trying to be rude but I’m surprised toyota was ok with that. i think i would have written to toyota in japan.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 09:59 AM   #10
yachty 1
"TRF" Member

Watch: yacht master
I have one. Had a 4 runner. Third row seat is amazing! Lots more options, after two years of ownership note a single issue. The 6 is a rocket compared to my 4 runner! My in laws have one with 100 thousand plus 5 years old going strong. Build quality I would go for Toyota but like I said no problems yet
yachty 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2019, 02:48 PM   #11
gmh1013
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by breitlings View Post
I've never heard of a list like that for Toyota. The issues I've heard are, squeaks, seats suck, uncomfortable, boring, not "two starters" in 90k miles and AC compressor failure. Did you try to start the car when it was already running? I once had the AC break on a Toyota, when I hit a van that abruptly stopped 10 years ago on the highway. i’m not trying to be rude but I’m surprised toyota was ok with that. i think i would have written to toyota in japan.
It was my wife's car and she drove it like there were a dozen eggs on the front seat....first starter went at 40k miles.....Toyota said it would not cover under normal warranty.....pissed me off......second one went out at 73k.
Old 18 February 2019, 04:57 PM   #12
s1mb4
"TRF" Member

Watch: It.
Are they getting a facelift in 2020?
s1mb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2019, 02:56 PM   #13
Jrpontiac
"TRF" Member

My wife has 2015 limited with a v6. Nice, comfortable and gets decent gas mileage. Bought it new and would do so again. Have towed 6k lbs a few times and 3k lbs fairly regularly in the summer. Entertainment system interface and functionality is head and shoulders above my 2014 Audi A6.
Jrpontiac is offline   Reply With Quote