The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 7 February 2020, 01:22 AM   #1
rcsami
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor MilSub 9401
**scammer alert**

*SCAMMER ALERT**

I always wondered how people get scammed and today I found out. Now before anyone comments, I know I'm stupid I completely agree, there were too many red flags but I was blinded by the watch.

This will be written quite fast since I'm on work hour, but I gotta get it out because of how furious and frustrated I am that this happens daily.

First of all his name is Justin Castylin (Not sure if he is a member here.. His FB has been suspended for some other instance) . Google him.. I should've before doing anything. That should tell you enough.

Anyways, he posted a Vintage Rolex 1675 for sale (Either in this forum or another Rolex group.. I'm a member of a few groups and I'm posting this in all) and I saw it seconds after it got posted, and message right away. So I thought I got lucky. He agreed to my price, and we got to talking. First few flags, he didn't want to accept wires to his business account ("Owner" of www.butlercitizen.com, which doesn't even load up but it is known in his local community) or personal.. His reasons, his business account has $3 mill in it and his personal account has more.. And he didn't like to share "private info". Anyways, he said he has a Chime bank account which he was willing to share the info to. Finally, I got his info and went to my bank to do the wire. My bank (RBC) didn't recognize Chime and therefore had to put in all the info manually, and told me there was a chance of it not going through. Next day I was told it didn't go through, thank f****** God. Now the whole time he wanted to get the deal done asap as he wants to sell his business and liquidate all his watches and retire.. So he said he had an offer from Watchbox which he was willing to take and for some odd reason kept thinking watchbox will send him a cheque overnight. That's another redflag. Anyways he demanded a deposit. He suggest the app Xoom. So I sent him a deposit of $700 USD. It took a while for the deposit to be completed and this whole while he was getting mad at how slow the service is. Finally once it was completed, he claimed he received nothing in his account. He confirmed he sees that I sent him the money via Xoom but claims its not jn his bank account. So I said let's wait a bit maybe there is a delay.. All this while saying he doesn't wanna do the deal anymore cause no deposit has shown up.. Anyways I finally called Xoom and explained, they said he definitely got the money in the bank. They emailed me and asked for a bank statement from Justin, which now he's denying to provide because again its "private". Now claiming because I somehow breached his "verbal" and "written" agreement that if he even does receive the deposit, it is non refundable. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this scum.

This is when I started googling him.. He never gave any references and finally gave me his eBay username. This is where I caught him initially.. I saw the watch was sold via him to username "tomsghost" a few months ago, and he even left a feedback saying that Justin sent the watch the sameday. I have contacted tomsghost without a reply yet. Justin claims that deal never went through and he still has the watch.. See pics.

Sorry it was rushed but as I said, I'm on work hour and more proof can be provided.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
rcsami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 03:42 AM   #2
rcsami
"TRF" Member

Forgot to mention.. I did offer to meet him with cash and he didn't want to, since deposit wasn't shown.. And also it's a breach of his made up contract.

Old 8 February 2020, 01:05 AM   #3
Humble michael
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711 white , 5990,
Why , why Why would you wire transfer money to anyone??! You handed a box of 100 bills to this person you have never even met and got NOTHING in return! except heartache . I just don’t understand- no matter how good the “deal” seems AMX or pay pal or NO Deal - simple. Sorry for your loss but consider it a cheap lesson compared to what you could have lost. :-)
Humble michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 01:08 AM   #4
rcsami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post
Why , why Why would you wire transfer money to anyone??! You handed a box of 100 bills to this person you have never even met and got NOTHING in return! except heartache . I just don’t understand- no matter how good the “deal” seems AMX or pay pal or NO Deal - simple. Sorry for your loss but consider it a cheap lesson compared to what you could have lost. :-)
Definitely a lesson my man! I've done hundreds of transactions between peolle I dont know, just over forums, and I guess since all of them have gone smoothly, I just let my guard down!

Old 8 February 2020, 02:54 AM   #5
Nick9
"TRF" Member

Sorry to hear this, rcsami, you are a stand up guy.

Googled that Justin guy and wow, piece of work. Looks like things caught up with him; seems to be headed for jail (again).

Thanks for posting.
Nick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 03:03 AM   #6
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry for the scam
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 03:44 AM   #7
swaini3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT, DRSD
ahhhhhhh. When will these stop??
swaini3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 05:39 AM   #8
Littletommy
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james272 View Post

I disagree with the blanket statement "Why , why Why would you wire transfer money to anyone??!".

I've wired trusted sellers (the ones that sponsor the TRF drawings) and never had any qualms about doing so. If you know who you are dealing with wires are just fine. That being said, I would never initiate a wire to someone unknown.
Littletommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2020, 06:14 AM   #9
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Thanks for posting here too
A
Old 10 February 2020, 05:09 PM   #10
sfgrrrl
"TRF" Member

Google him. A 4x felon. His mugshot is online, no kidding.
sfgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2020, 02:38 PM   #11
PossumDixon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 Coke
If somebody tells you they have $3M in the bank. Run. They are full of it.
Old 12 February 2020, 03:52 PM   #12
TimATC
"TRF" Member

I saw this ad on Facebook Marketplace a few weeks ago and traded a few messages with Justin. He went silent when I asked for more detailed pics. Sorry about your experience.
TimATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2020, 02:16 AM   #13
Steve.KS4HE
"TRF" Member

Justin Castilyn says, "Don't be a prisoner to your past. It was a lesson, not a life sentence."

Me, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."
Steve.KS4HE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2020, 12:33 AM   #14
rcsami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick9 View Post
Sorry to hear this, rcsami, you are a stand up guy.

Googled that Justin guy and wow, piece of work. Looks like things caught up with him; seems to be headed for jail (again).

Thanks for posting.
Thanks bud, still working with the authorities to get him some time!
Old 15 February 2020, 12:34 AM   #15
rcsami
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Thanks for posting here too
A
Just trying to bring it to light!