The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 24 March 2020, 08:16 AM   #3541
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
Yes, Seth, it’s a tough choice.
For most small firms, business interruption insurance was too expensive - and many policies might not cover force majeure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Insurance companies with do everything in their power to not pay anyway.

Force majeure will definitely not be covered. Not a chance.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
Old 24 March 2020, 08:27 AM   #3542
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
Insurance companies with do everything in their power to not pay anyway.

Force majeure will definitely not be covered. Not a chance.
My Canadian travel insurance will not cover this virus while traveling abroad or even into another province. Of course now travel is pretty much over with.
Old 24 March 2020, 08:38 AM   #3543
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:
Without other choices, I think you try the off-label use if you have permission. Is that what you meant?

Our biggest Hospital group has chloroquine it in their protocol since last week and according to the Presidents media conference(going on at the moment) also now FDA approved in your country.
Old 24 March 2020, 08:55 AM   #3544
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
We just got word that our girls' school will be closed through the end of the school year. With "summer break" we are now looking at a minimum of five months without school, which is absolutely tragic and terrible for a number of reasons.

Are they continuing with on-line classes?

As for the Summer break, perhaps they will resume classes beginning in late June if safe enough. Maybe like pulling vacation forward with no break before the 2020-21 school year commences.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 24 March 2020, 09:08 AM   #3545
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
Not particularly clear I didn’t think and not particularly fair.

I can’t exercise due to disability so a drive in the car was my release to maintain my mental health. So effectively completely locked down. I’m sensing a lot of police stops for me!

What’s essential work? Hopefully not crap morning TV shows so celebs can lockdown also. But as usual that won’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s certainly not going to be easy and will impact some more than others.

The guidance allows everyone to leave their home for one form of exercise per day. If yours is driving, instead of something else there is an argument it should be ok once per day. At least in a car the viral transmission risk should be fairly limited?

The list of essential occupations are all listed online on the .gov website.

In essence the message is really clear.

“People will only be allowed to leave their home for "very limited" purposes:

- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible

- One form of exercise a day - for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household

- Any medical need, to provide care or to help a vulnerable person

- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home

​
He [Boris] added: "That's all - these are the only reasons you should leave your home.”

And yes agree - light entertainment TV is not really essential. News and reporting I believe is on the essential list.

― Winston S. Churchill
Old 24 March 2020, 10:21 AM   #3546
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
Agreed. I think the government are doing a pretty good job of it. Shudder to think what would be happening if Corbyn was handling this. I can see this lockdown being in place for 2 months at least. Pretty sure the US will follow and at that point the global economy is pretty much on ice. Crazy times.
At this moment it looks like the positions will be switched.

UK is going away from herd immunity and open for business, to lockdown.

USA very well might be opening things back up after the 15day timeframe is up, which should put it into early next week...The dates and extent of opening back up are not fully fleshed out..
Old 24 March 2020, 10:30 AM   #3547
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
At this moment it looks like the positions will be switched.

UK is going away from herd immunity and open for business, to lockdown.

USA very well might be opening things back up after the 15day timeframe is up, which should put it into early next week...The dates and extent of opening back up are not fully fleshed out..
Yep things looking good here, I think everything will be pretty much back to normal March 10, which is when Cdc 8 week ban on gathering of 50 people ends

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 10:34 AM   #3548
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
Yep things looking good here, I think everything will be pretty much back to normal March 10, which is when Cdc 8 week ban on gathering of 50 people ends

steve
You mean April 10th?
Old 24 March 2020, 10:37 AM   #3549
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You mean April 10th?
May 10 for cdc, Ahh woops I have like 5 calendars up!

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 10:37 AM   #3550
Recondope
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You mean April 10th?
I think he meant May 10. April 10 seems way too optimistic.
Old 24 March 2020, 10:39 AM   #3551
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:

steve
Looking good? Where are you located? I do not suspect things will look better on April 10th.

Our Mayor of NYC is saying April will look worse than March, and May will look worse than April. No end in sight, unless things really change soon. This is devastating.
Old 24 March 2020, 10:40 AM   #3552
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
The decision to end social distancing and mass closings, if it indeed is carried out, was made in spite of the advice of basically every physician and scientist in America. You’ll notice Dr. Fauci is no longer anywhere to be seen or heard from during daily briefings. There has been a shift in our response to the pandemic.
Old 24 March 2020, 10:46 AM   #3553
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo118 View Post
Looking good? Where are you located? I do not suspect things will look better on April 10th.

Our Mayor of NYC is saying April will look worse than March, and May will look worse than April. No end in sight, unless things really change soon. This is devastating.
I live directly between nyc and philly in nj. I have family that works in hospitals and schools. Let’s not make it political

I never said April 10th?? I said I think things will look much better by May 10, end of cdc 8 week timeframe

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 10:47 AM   #3554
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
The decision to end social distancing and mass closings, if it indeed is carried out, was made in spite of the advice of basically every physician and scientist in America. You’ll notice Dr. Fauci is no longer anywhere to be seen or heard from during daily briefings. There has been a shift in our response to the pandemic.
I just watched the entire briefing. There has been no decision made yet as to when they will recommend ending social distancing. I noticed Dr Fauci wasn’t in the briefing today. He was yesterday. It was said he was in another very important meeting and that he’ll be there tomorrow.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 24 March 2020, 10:48 AM   #3555
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Fauci was just on CNBC I think it was? There wasn’t a briefing today was there? I thought only the q & a tonight?

He has missed briefing before

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 10:49 AM   #3556
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Yeah noticed that. Saw his interview last night on CNN and he stumbled a bit with the answer to this question: “Why haven’t we seen you in the daily briefings?”

“I had a lot of things back here at NIH to get done.”

Old 24 March 2020, 10:49 AM   #3557
Chloe&Harley
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Milgauss white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
My Canadian travel insurance will not cover this virus while traveling abroad or even into another province. Of course now travel is pretty much over with.
Are you in Canada or US now
Old 24 March 2020, 10:51 AM   #3558
77T
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Fauci was just on CNBC I think it was? There wasn’t a briefing today was there? I thought only the q & a tonight?

He has missed briefing before

steve

There was a full briefing. I don’t think he’ll be back in those.

BTW, it’s not a bad thing if he truly needs to press the work.

And he’s available for other interviews. He is a good, careful guy when answering questions.

Old 24 March 2020, 10:52 AM   #3559
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There was a full briefing. I don’t think he’ll be back in those.

BTW, it’s not a bad thing if he truly needs to press the work.

And he’s available for other interviews. He is a good, careful guy when answering questions.

Yep love that guy!

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 10:53 AM   #3560
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Yeah noticed that. Saw his interview last night on CNN and he stumbled a bit with the answer to this question: “Why haven’t we seen you in the daily briefings?”

“I had a lot of things back here at NIH to get done.”
He was interviewed by Science Magazine this weekend. Very enlightening.

Anthony Fauci Interview
Old 24 March 2020, 10:55 AM   #3561
GoingPlaces
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I wouldn't read too much into Fauci missing a briefing or two. They're having one a day and will continue for a while, he can't make every single one. Neither will every other person on the task force.
Old 24 March 2020, 10:57 AM   #3562
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
Our biggest Hospital group has chloroquine it in their protocol since last week and according to the Presidents media conference(going on at the moment) also now FDA approved in your country.
It looks like some are hoarding this drug now too. And I'm still unclear if it's an effective treatment.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-needs-to-stop
Old 24 March 2020, 10:57 AM   #3563
Lol-x
Facilitator

It seems that wearing a mask is pretty much useless, it didn't seem to stop the contagion in asian countries.....

The news and government announcements mention nothing about masks being a safety benefit. No one seems to be wearing masks around here....notwithstanding shut down of cafes/restaurants/schools/cinemas/etc.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Old 24 March 2020, 10:59 AM   #3564
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
He was interviewed by Science Magazine this weekend. Very enlightening.

Anthony Fauci Interview
The last answer is the best

steve
Old 24 March 2020, 11:12 AM   #3565
statsman
"TRF" Member

Let’s Not get carried away. The biggest US failing was getting testing filing, and no one - in the government, the CDC, the FDA- washed themselves in glory on that. We’re still playing catch-up due to decisions based in protocol and lack of vision.

I hope that testing becomes available for all that need it soon, and that we can start lifting closures in the areas least affected. I don’t see any way NYC, the Puget Sound and the Bay Area come back on line soon without a miracle.
Old 24 March 2020, 11:20 AM   #3566
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
The only thing moving faster than Covid 19 is this thread. Trying to keep up with all thought processes is making my head spin. After reading every post I have a couple of random comments.

When it comes to health related issues in this circumstance and knowing when I should follow the suggested actions I always keep in mind the Bomb Squad T-Shirt that reads "If you see me running .. you should keep up". In this case I'll follow the advice of our front line health care professionals over any other professional group because they're the Bomb Squad in this case. They're not running away but they're trying to help us run.

As for the "economic sky is going to fall" if we close it down for a few weeks or a month. Well if we don't get a hold of this pandemic the economy will be the least of our concerns and will ultimately fail anyway. I'm not saying its not an important component to our well being I'm just saying we need to prioritize the most concerning issue and deal with it first. You can rebuild an economy as the great depression shows but you can't bring people back from the grave. Of the 2 evils I would rather fight off the fallout of massive unemployment versus an out of control Pandemic that may start to circle around again and again. I believe we can get past the economic problems faster. There are financial strategies that can help unlike the virus issue.

Regardless of what you believe to be the best course of action we all must stay positive and work together to defend against this unfolding tragedy while we still can.

Old 24 March 2020, 11:23 AM   #3567
Recondope
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenngun View Post
The only thing moving faster than Covid 19 is this thread. Trying to keep up with all thought processes is making my head spin. After reading every post I have a couple of random comments.

When it comes to health related issues in this circumstance and knowing when I should follow the suggested actions I always keep in mind the Bomb Squad T-Shirt that reads "If you see me running .. you should keep up". In this case I'll follow the advice of our front line health care professionals over any other professional group because they're the Bomb Squad in this case. They're not running away but they're trying to help us run.

As for the "economic sky is going to fall" if we close it down for a few weeks or a month. Well if we don't get a hold of this pandemic the economy will be the least of our concerns and will ultimately fail anyway. I'm not saying its not an important component to our well being I'm just saying we need to prioritize the most concerning issue and deal with it first. You can rebuild an economy as the great depression shows but you can't bring people back from the grave. Of the 2 evils I would rather fight off the fallout of massive unemployment versus an out of control Pandemic that may start to circle around again and again. I believe we can get past the economic problems faster. There are financial strategies that can help unlike the virus issue.

Regardless of what you believe to be the best course of action we all must stay positive and work together to defend against this unfolding tragedy while we still can.
Well said.
Old 24 March 2020, 11:25 AM   #3568
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
It seems that wearing a mask is pretty much useless, it didn't seem to stop the contagion in asian countries.....

The news and government announcements mention nothing about masks being a safety benefit. No one seems to be wearing masks around here....notwithstanding shut down of cafes/restaurants/schools/cinemas/etc.
Your right. Unless you're wearing the right mask and eye protection those paper masks are not going to stop anything. Our eyes are as much of a portal in as our windpipe.

Old 24 March 2020, 11:27 AM   #3569
Brenngun
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recondope View Post
Well said.

Old 24 March 2020, 11:29 AM   #3570
Jim Smyth
Banned

Watch: DD
Lets talk about testing for a minute since theres some medical professionals on the Board. Does a specific test need to be made up for each new strain of virus? Kinda like how flu shots are only specific to a certain strains? If thats the case how fast is the ramp up supposed to be for millions of tests?

If its a generic test that can be made up in advance and tell someone if there positive or negative and they didnt have that in quantity it would indicate failure to plan ahead. I never seen anyone talking about this and since I have no knowledge in this area I am just curious is all.
Closed Thread