The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 March 2019, 09:35 PM   #31
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

In fairness though you could say that about vintage 1675's and 750's. They are flimsy feeling in comparison to 6 digit references and nice examples are very expensive but they are still very nice.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:00 PM   #32
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

I’m genuinely interested in the posts that’ve indicated this can be found cheaper in the UK.

If there are good condition examples with full-set going for less than £12k please post links. I might grab one myself
Old 25 March 2019, 10:10 PM   #33
3sheets86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
I’m genuinely interested in the posts that’ve indicated this can be found cheaper in the UK.

If there are good condition examples with full-set going for less than £12k please post links. I might grab one myself
I bought a really nice 16710 last year and people kept telling me that they could be had for much less, they never told me where to look though.
3sheets86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 10:15 PM   #34
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I used to have a neighbor once - any time I bought anything, he'd say "you paid too much". He never could tell me how I could have done better, just that I did badly.

Me, personally, I think that's ridiculous money for a watch, but I'm a notoriously bad investor and most smart people listen to what I say and do the exact opposite.

You need to buy what you want, and pay what you think it's worth to you. Do not buy it expecting to make money though. It's a watch, not an investment. You would do better buying a FTSE index fund (for investing). Although maybe not right now... what with that Brexit thing. Never mind.

Best of luck!

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 11:03 PM   #35
Johny
"TRF" Member

Watch: sub 16610Lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sheets86 View Post
I haven’t got the confidence to buy from overseas when this amount of money is involved and paying import fees tend to bring things to UK prices so nothing gained.
I could pick this up and tie it in with a nice city break in London quite easily.
Hi op.

There is a good selection on Chrono 24.