The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 6 February 2023, 07:11 PM   #1
vakman
"TRF" Member

Watch: The watch.!
How hard is it to get a 34mm Royal Oak

Hello gents

Is it hard to get a 77451OR? With the blue dial, because i called a few boutique's in Europe and no one can say anything about stock.
Old 6 February 2023, 10:32 PM   #2
only1swami
"TRF" Member

hard is relative and depends on a ton of factors. Every piece is hard, but your local boutique might be able to move slightly faster with the 34. Your best bet is to go in, have a solid convo, put the request in, then wait it out!

boutiques don't get many precious pieces a year + blue dial which might make this harder than expected. If you're looking to buy more than just this, I'd make that clear. Good luck
Old 7 February 2023, 12:49 AM   #3
messikens
"TRF" Member

Despite it being a woman's model - it's still quite desirable in blue dial and rose gold.

I don't think any boutique would be responsive to get a cold call from you (an unknown potentially even from a different country) asking about what will look like a one-off purchase to them.

For better or worse, AP does want to establish a longer term relationship with its clients. Part of that is making a visit, trying on some watches and talking about what you're looking for.

Without that I'm afraid youll get pretty much the same answer you got every single time .

Or go grey and get it in less than 48h
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 01:36 AM   #4
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

AP is planning to open a number of new outlets (mostly/all AP houses) in Europe in the next years. I think (but may be hallucinating) this includes one in the Netherlands. Unless this is time-critical and/or the only AP you envision acquiring, I'd try to find out more about their plans, and then try to establish a relationship with the closest, and maybe even local, outlet.

AP has 215 different models and the average boutique sells 500 watches a year, so the likelihood that a boutique has a relatively low production model like the RG 34mm in stock (and unallocated) at any given time is small. Multiply with APs desire to get to know their clients, and obtaining the watch through cold-calls would be very fortuitous.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 03:06 AM   #5
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

I recently visited a boutique in Europe (less than 3 weeks ago) albeit a relatively obscure one that had the exact model you are looking for, with an added bonus of having a 50th anniv rotor that was available for sale. If you are interested then feel free to send me a PM, I should still have the SA's contact info.

Side note, they also had every single 43mm ROO configuration available for immediate sale. Could potentially be interesting for anyone who is eligible for a VAT refund.
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 04:33 PM   #6
vakman
"TRF" Member

Thank you guys for the reply’s!
Old 9 February 2023, 11:50 AM   #7
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APWorldTour View Post
I recently visited a boutique in Europe (less than 3 weeks ago) albeit a relatively obscure one that had the exact model you are looking for, with an added bonus of having a 50th anniv rotor that was available for sale. If you are interested then feel free to send me a PM, I should still have the SA's contact info.

Side note, they also had every single 43mm ROO configuration available for immediate sale. Could potentially be interesting for anyone who is eligible for a VAT refund.
Can you please PM me the details? I'd probably travel for the IO 43mm since already in the neck of the woods soon.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2023, 06:49 PM   #8
MakeMineADouble
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Please could you also PM me the contact details?

I really appreciate it. Thank you
MakeMineADouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2023, 06:23 PM   #9
vakman
"TRF" Member

Good to see it was helpfull!
Old 14 February 2023, 01:18 AM   #10
Palex
"TRF" Member

And, vakman, did it work out?
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 09:23 PM   #11
vakman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palex View Post
And, vakman, did it work out?
Yes sir!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail_IMG_8337.jpg (258.1 KB, 549 views)
Old 2 April 2023, 10:07 PM   #12
Palex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakman View Post
Yes sir!

Wow! Stunning! Where did you get it?
Palex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2023, 11:28 PM   #13
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakman View Post
Yes sir!
Congrats! I was skeptical, but there it is. Where did you find it?
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
Old 2 April 2023, 11:51 PM   #14
jedione65
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Are you sure they weren’t display only? All watches I’ve ever handled at AP boutiques were never for sale.
jedione65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2023, 01:20 AM   #15
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedione65 View Post
Are you sure they weren’t display only? All watches I’ve ever handled at AP boutiques were never for sale.
In 2018 and before one could walk out of ADs/boutiques with any but the most popular models. Got progressively worse from 2019 on, with ROCs, ROOs, Ladies pieces and CODEs acquiring "for display only" signs.
Old 3 April 2023, 09:48 AM   #16
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedione65 View Post

Yes they were all for sale. There were also display pieces that were not for sale, but all the ones I mentioned in my post were available for sale. I’m glad that Vakman was able to take advantage ;)
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote