The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 13 October 2023, 03:16 AM   #91
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Congrats Mike!! That’s so cool they went all out with the champagne and cake too! I like that they make purchasing this piece a whole event for you. It’s a memory I’m sure you’ll carry forever.

So when is your wife’s coming in? Lol.
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 03:42 AM   #92
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemanlee View Post
Congrats looks awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Absolutely amazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by eonflux View Post
Congrats!!!
Stunning watch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG89 View Post
Congratulations sir!
One of the most beautiful references in the catalogue imo - you'll have a tough time thinking about what's next! Wear in the best of health
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1968 View Post
Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchingAustin View Post
Amazing story, it sounds like you have some fun people in your life. Enjoy the watch and memories.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFi1382 View Post
What a story, what a watch... Congrats! Well deserved!

Thanks all! I'm trying to really enjoy this honeymoon phase with this piece.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2023, 03:46 AM   #93
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Congrats Mike!! That’s so cool they went all out with the champagne and cake too! I like that they make purchasing this piece a whole event for you. It’s a memory I’m sure you’ll carry forever.

So when is your wife’s coming in? Lol.

Thanks! They have always delivered an exceptional experience everytime, but this one took it to another level. My SA planning this all out and even flying out to us was above an beyond for sure.

I asked about my wife's watch that day and they all chuckled and said, that one they need to work on. Lol!
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
Old 14 October 2023, 11:48 PM   #94
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Absolute stunner on my list one day for sure.

Congrats on this piece of art!
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 11:55 AM   #95
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I would of normally done the I got the call, but don't know which reference thread and kept you all guessing along with myself until delivery day. However, I don't have the pleasure of playing the suspense game this time as it was an absolute surprise for me as well.

I get a text Monday from my SA telling me that the ceramic 34mm that was on my wife's wishlist is available for pickup. She had to pull it from the AP House inventory and that she would fly out and meet us at the AP House LA. She asked if Wednesday or Thursday would work. I told her I would check with the wifey and let her know.

Ironically, my wife asks me the same day what days I was going into the office this week. I mentioned to her that her watch was in and that our SA was going to fly out to meet us at the AP House to delivery the watch and what day worked best for her. She replies Thursday since I wasn't going into work. I confirm the day with my SA and asked her to send me wire instructions. She tells me I can just pay with my credit card even though the watch is in my wife's profile. She had already cleared it with the AP House. I didn't think much of it.

She also sends me a text saying that there is a back story to it and she would tell me on Thursday. Oh by the way, the Regional Director for APNA will be joining us. Again, didn't think much of it as I've met him before and he works out of the AP House in LA.

We get there and was greeted by my SA, the Regional Director, and the AP House Director. The Regional Director asks me if my wife knew about her watch already or if it was a surprise. I told him she already knows and he just giggled and says wouldn't it be nice if we knew the exact time when these pieces come in so you can plan a surprise event around it? lol.

They bring out the box and tell me to open it since I'm paying for it. I was excited to get my wife her first ceramic piece. When I opened the box, this is what was inside. Apparently, they were all in on this surprise. My SA had called my wife and set this all up!

We were just in Vegas a week ago and visited my SA to say hi. We had some champagne, cake, and caught up with each other. We also went over our wishlists and about this exact piece. She wasn't sure if it was going to happen this year, but she would try her best and push her director and regional. I found out today that my approval process was already in motion when we visited her. She had this thing all pre-planned! lol!

My SA, BT Director, and my wife knew how much I wanted this piece and how much of a grail this was for me. I can't express in words how excited and grateful I am to my boutique for taking me on this AP journey.

My picture skills are terrible, but here you go.
Sounds like a great experience. Mine was just mailed to me unfortunately
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 12:11 PM   #96
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

Congrats on the amazing piece! I'd love to buy that piece one day! Just need to start the journey with my first lol.
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 October 2023, 08:24 PM   #97
rmlovett1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: YTBD
I missed this somehow….
That is gorgeous! Big congratulations!
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 October 2023, 08:01 PM   #98
LndLord
"TRF" Member

congrats! Amazing story!
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2023, 05:17 AM   #99
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Absolute stunner on my list one day for sure.

Congrats on this piece of art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondesNwatches View Post
Congrats on the amazing piece! I'd love to buy that piece one day! Just need to start the journey with my first lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlovett1 View Post
I missed this somehow….
That is gorgeous! Big congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLord View Post
congrats! Amazing story!

Thanks everyone. Still on cloud 9 with this piece for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Sounds like a great experience. Mine was just mailed to me unfortunately

LOL! I'm sure the delivery method was of your choosing. If you opted to pick it up in person, I'm sure they would have gone above and beyond based on your history with AP.