The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 27 April 2018, 03:32 AM   #91
debner4
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK12345EMAIL View Post
Thanks. I’m enjoying wearing it on a daily basis
One person replied that the Journe CB is "boring." Wondering from those of you who have had it more than a year if you agree that over time it loses some of its appeal?
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 04:50 AM   #92
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
One person replied that the Journe CB is "boring." Wondering from those of you who have had it more than a year if you agree that over time it loses some of its appeal?

For me, no. But I caveat that with saying that it's not a watch that I wear daily (solely because I have other watches too, not for any other reason). For example this year I have perhaps worn it 20 days, 8 of those consecutive as it tends to be the watch I wear when traveling given how versatile it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 07:51 AM   #93
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
For me, no. But I caveat that with saying that it's not a watch that I wear daily (solely because I have other watches too, not for any other reason). For example this year I have perhaps worn it 20 days, 8 of those consecutive as it tends to be the watch I wear when traveling given how versatile it is.

Ytd day count - impressive
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 10:49 AM   #94
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
One more pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_Apr_26_18 04-37-50 PM.jpg (156.2 KB, 825 views)
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 11:55 AM   #95
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debner4 View Post
No one who owns it or has seen it live thinks that.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 12:04 PM   #96
lock0ut
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5167, Sub 5513
Had a CB and a 5167a - only the Patek remains.

I think the CB dial misleads. You think it's going to be very dynamic with a dozens of shades of blue, but it really is just navy/black when inside or neon blue if the sun/lightbulb hits it just right.

The only part of the CB that comes close to the multifaceted blue of the 5712 is the seconds subdial, because of the riveted dial. I also tired of the biomorphic duck hands. I found the watch dressier than I needed, and it seemed too formal on the supplied strap to pair with business casual and too juvenile (like i said, the blue dial can flash neon blue - distracting for others during a meeting) to pair with a suit.
lock0ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 01:42 PM   #97
kunlun
"TRF" Member

Counterpoint: The dial is indeed dynamic and really fantastic. It's perfect with a suit or dressed down.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 01:55 PM   #98
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
I regret that I didn’t buy it sooner.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2018, 07:47 PM   #99
Recon
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS 1815 Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng11 View Post
And much thanks to you for giving me the idea to get in touch with the Geneva boutique. It worked out well - I just waited 4 months and a few days after placing my deposit. The AD in my country told me it was a one year wait AND that it was a rule from FPJ I had to buy another FPJ piece before being allowed a CB.
How do you deal with the import customs?? I imagine shipping a watch from Geneve to the US would incur $$ for import
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 May 2018, 02:35 AM   #100
jessiethe3rd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Chronometre Bleu
It’s such a very special special watch. No one really knows much about it outside the WIS world which really is something I love. Got it on Friday and have been just staring all day everyday.

Old 21 May 2018, 05:59 AM   #101
DGB
"TRF" Member

It’s decided I am getting one,

I am so exited....
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2018, 11:29 PM   #102
jessiethe3rd
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Chronometre Bleu

Really... Does it get any cooler?

Old 23 May 2018, 04:14 PM   #103
UFG
"TRF" Member

Awesome watch! Is the waitlist in any other boutique shorter than the LA one?
UFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 04:18 AM   #104
Skyrider01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFG View Post
Awesome watch! Is the waitlist in any other boutique shorter than the LA one?
Not sure what the waitlist in LA is. As of 4 weeks ago, New York had about 70 on the list, Miami about 20, and Geneva quoted me a year and a half.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 07:10 AM   #105
GK12345EMAIL
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ, Rolex, Patek
Would not surprise me one bit if we see a price increase soon
GK12345EMAIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 July 2018, 03:44 PM   #106
debner4
"TRF" Member

Any further thoughts on this watch?
debner4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2018, 12:22 AM   #107
oldcarz
"TRF" Member

Additional thoughts...

I've chimed in to various threads about the Journe CB, so some of my post may overlap with previous thoughts.
However, this is a watch worthy of the extra excitement and pleased to enthusiastically comment.

Noted that there are many questions previously asked by others and I'll relate my experience to address some of them:

1. This is my first Journe, but not my last. Will aspire toward others (love the Havana models) in time. It is an extraordinary well made piece.
2. The CB's blue color, and simplicity was a winner. Truly a watch best appreciated in person, the dial is reflective and will vary in color depending upon light. Outside lighting is always the best for pix, but note that even a small twist of the wrist can change the appearance.
3. I have the caramel strap for it, too. I primarily wear the blue one. It is a watch that I am not afraid to wear and do so frequently. I, of course, tend not to wear it in the pool or gardening, but it's not restricted to formal dress occasions.
4. The watch is a manual wind one, and requires a full winding to give it the stated 56 hour reserve. As a practical matter, if I wear the watch several days in a row, I tend to wind it every morning and not allow the watch to stop. This is true for my other manual wind watches (Omega and Panerai, etc.) and it's moot if the watch has a 3 or 10 day reserve... Because the crown is small on the CB, unlike the larger onion crown of a Radiomir, it is more "difficult" to wind. In reality, I like the few minutes of winding a watch...sort of a bonding experience. It also allows me the chance to enjoy looking at the mechanism, polishing it a little, etc.
5. I like the tantalum case. Heavy, solid and has a nice polish to it. I've clunked the watch a few times and haven't seen a hairline. (Unlike a polished link on one of the Rolexes). Again, she's not a safe queen.

Therefore, no regrets here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Watch2.jpg (172.0 KB, 623 views)
File Type: jpg Watch1.jpg (272.3 KB, 613 views)
File Type: jpg CB.jpg (251.1 KB, 614 views)
oldcarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 07:13 AM   #108
jgh
"TRF" Member

i've owned a CB for 3 years now. Still love it. When I bought mine from the LA boutique there was no waitlist and they had one in stock, so I purchased it but ended up having to wait over the weekend to pick it up because I went into the bank after the last wire transfer time for the week. They gave me a bottle of champagne to have at home, so that was nice. The watch doesnt come with much, just a microfibre cloth for cleaning and a (nice) wooden box and the authenticity card.

As I understand it the price did go up last year or the year before maybe, by the sounds of it the waitlists are growing so as someone earlier suggested maybe there will be another hike.
jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 09:15 AM   #109
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Today’s quoted wait for the Bleu at the NYC boutique:4-5 years.
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 11:19 AM   #110
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post

Yep! It’s now reached 5711 cult status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2018, 05:12 PM   #111
jgh
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
that's crazy, i'm glad i got mine when i did!
jgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 November 2018, 09:22 AM   #112
TedKesl
"TRF" Member

Chrono Bleu

Fellas,

This is a beautiful, elegant and enjoyable piece. We purchased for my wife, she has great taste in watches! I thought I’d wear it as well but on my wrist, loses all its charm. I own an AP offshore grey theme (gym/casual) watch, as well as an ALS Moon Phase 1 Platinum (newest model) and this is my daily wear since if received it. At this point the FP Journe has been worn maybe four times, my wife has been stuck back on her Harry Winston and JL Reverso. I’d love to sell the FP Journe simply because it’s sadly sitting in a drawer. We have four or five straps of various colors, but the wife is kind of over the piece (although she still very much enjoys looking at the movement). If you’re considering this piece, try on to make sure it looks good on YOUR wrist. If it fits, you will never regret the purchase
TedKesl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 04:27 AM   #113
The Argonaut
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcheroo View Post
For me, the CB is a keeper and puts a smile on my face every time I wear it. Very versatile and flies under the radar if that’s what you like. That said, I’ve had a few non WIS people comment on the beauty of the watch.

If you can get one, I’d definitely recommend.

A couple pics; one with the original blue strap and one with a tan strap.

Absolutely stunning.
The Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 06:55 AM   #114
dalethorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: U-Boat Capsoil
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcarz View Post
I've chimed in to various threads about the Journe CB, so some of my post may overlap with previous thoughts. However, this is a watch worthy of the extra excitement and pleased to enthusiastically comment. Noted that there are many questions previously asked by others and I'll relate my experience to address some of them: This is my first Journe, but not my last. Will aspire toward others (love the Havana models) in time. It is an extraordinary well made piece. The CB's blue color, and simplicity was a winner. Truly a watch best appreciated in person, the dial is reflective and will vary in color depending upon light. Outside lighting is always the best for pix, but note that even a small twist of the wrist can change the appearance. I have the caramel strap for it, too. I primarily wear the blue one. It is a watch that I am not afraid to wear and do so frequently. I, of course, tend not to wear it in the pool or gardening, but it's not restricted to formal dress occasions. The watch is a manual wind one, and requires a full winding to give it the stated 56 hour reserve. As a practical matter, if I wear the watch several days in a row, I tend to wind it every morning and not allow the watch to stop. This is true for my other manual wind watches (Omega and Panerai, etc.) and it's moot if the watch has a 3 or 10 day reserve... Because the crown is small on the CB, unlike the larger onion crown of a Radiomir, it is more "difficult" to wind. In reality, I like the few minutes of winding a watch...sort of a bonding experience. It also allows me the chance to enjoy looking at the mechanism, polishing it a little, etc. I like the tantalum case. Heavy, solid and has a nice polish to it. I've clunked the watch a few times and haven't seen a hairline. (Unlike a polished link on one of the Rolexes). Again, she's not a safe queen. Therefore, no regrets here.
Very lustworthy. Is the case really tantalum?
dalethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 11:06 AM   #115
kzou
"TRF" Member

I owned one for about half a year. Honestly it was a fantastic piece. But after the initial excitement of getting it and admiring the gorgeous blue dial I realized I still need some complications in my watches. It's just a bit...I wouldn't call it boring, but a bit too simple for me. So I moved on from it. By no means do I regret buying it, it was great and owning it was totally worth it, but I just don't find myself putting it on in the morning, instead going for something else, hence didn't keep it for too long.
kzou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 11:56 AM   #116
Pongster
"TRF" Member

My only regret - not gettint it on a deployant buckle.
Pongster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 12:14 PM   #117
tiberiustime
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lange 1 Platinum

Had for over a year. Winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tiberiustime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 January 2019, 12:27 PM   #118
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote: