The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2018, 08:49 AM   #91
Roger Lococco
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126719BLRO Pepsi
I’ve been a lot of ADs across 3 continents in the past 6 months. I’ve only seen an SD43 in a display case once. In Asia. The AD was offering to sell it for $16k. Alternatively, they were willing to sell it for retail if I purchased over $50k of PM watches at the same time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Lococco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 08:55 AM   #92
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Emailed my AD that I wanted to see one in person the next one they get (but was clear I wasn't yet in the market), and got a call the next day that one had just come in. Wears nice and light as a feather compared to my 116619. Was not yet sold although they were not going to put it in the case.

I know they had one maybe 3-4 months ago as well so it seems they get the watch in regularly frequently.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 11:02 AM   #93
Travelller
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelller View Post
...A "pictorial" post is just around the corner...
For your reading and viewing pleasure

Rolex 126600: sixth generation of the Sea Dweller

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 11:16 AM   #94
American Jedi
Banned

Watch: Rollie’s and JLC
Quote:
Originally Posted by samson66 View Post
Agree with the first part about Sea Dwellers having never been very popular. That is because to most folks outside of this forum they were always seen as thicker more expensive Submariners. Disagree with the second part about how they will never be popular. Increasing the diameter of this watch has completely changed the appeal. There was a pent up market (in my opinion) for a larger diver that wasn't tuna can thick. Many of us with 7"+ wrists have found the existing Subs/GMT's to wear too small. We wanted a watch with a larger diameter, larger lug-to-lug dimension, and a thicker meatier design. Simply making a thick 40mm SD didn't accomplish that. This is why the SD4K never sold well and why it was discontinued so quickly.

I had to laugh at the "sitting in cases unsold" comment. Maybe it's happened here or there but I have only on rare occasions EVER heard of this watch sitting unsold in a case. If by some miracle it actually makes the case, it's gone pretty much immediately. As someone who's been on over a half dozen lists for this reference I can tell you for sure this has not happened in this part of the world.

You seem to have a distaste for this model. I've noticed your other posts. You appear to want to get the rumor out there that somehow Rolex is having trouble unloading Sea Dweller 43's and there is no demand so they barely produce any. Over a year after release I see no evidence of that at all. Still getting $13K+ from the greys and still very rare to see in the wild. I think you may be letting your personal dislike of the SD43 cloud your judgement...

+1 My AD said the waiting list for this watch is starting to resemble the Daytonas.
American Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 12:05 PM   #95
Johnnie Peh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 44 SS 44 RG.
After owning multiples rolex since the 90s I must say they have really hit the bulls eyes with this SD43.. Especially with the broader width braclect. Tho I am paying above retail of SGD 2200.... But hey guess what I am so pleased with it. Not gonna play the waiting game... Especially in Asia.
Johnnie Peh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 03:54 PM   #96
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Agree with the first part about Sea Dwellers having never been very popular. That is because to most folks outside of this forum they were always seen as thicker more expensive Submariners. Disagree with the second part about how they will never be popular. Increasing the diameter of this watch has completely changed the appeal. There was a pent up market (in my opinion) for a larger diver that wasn't tuna can thick. Many of us with 7"+ wrists have found the existing Subs/GMT's to wear too small. We wanted a watch with a larger diameter, larger lug-to-lug dimension, and a thicker meatier design. Simply making a thick 40mm SD didn't accomplish that. This is why the SD4K never sold well and why it was discontinued so quickly.

I had to laugh at the "sitting in cases unsold" comment. Maybe it's happened here or there but I have only on rare occasions EVER heard of this watch sitting unsold in a case. If by some miracle it actually makes the case, it's gone pretty much immediately. As someone who's been on over a half dozen lists for this reference I can tell you for sure this has not happened in this part of the world.

You seem to have a distaste for this model. I've noticed your other posts. You appear to want to get the rumor out there that somehow Rolex is having trouble unloading Sea Dweller 43's and there is no demand so they barely produce any. Over a year after release I see no evidence of that at all. Still getting $13K+ from the greys and still very rare to see in the wild. I think you may be letting your personal dislike of the SD43 cloud your judgement...
Nah...so what was it you were on about ?...LOL

This is NOT a hard to find watch.

I got mine last year with no effort at all. No lists or any of that. AD called me said it was mine if I wanted it. Cool watch...I'll check it out or whatever.

I actually chose it OVER a black dial SS Daytona, so I don't have this dislike you are curiously imposing on me.

It just isn't the watch that you think it is from a market performance perspective.

I have heard a dealer say they are harder to get than SS Daytona, but I think that was just babble...

Like I said, I got mine with no effort.

There have been numerous posts about getting one a week or so after ordering from AD.

There were other reports of them in the case. There wasn't anyone wanting one to put it on the list.

None of this means that it is a bad reference or that I dislike it.

It does mean that is not as popular as you think it is.

It is easier to find than you think it is.

I'm sorry if that is contrary to your beliefs, but that's just how it is...Modern SD lag behind in popularity. If they were more popular overall, this would be an $18K watch on the grey market...but it's barely trading above retail plus TAX.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180524_014808-459x816.jpg (48.5 KB, 183 views)
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 04:46 PM   #97
genkifd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Ss sports reloxes in australia are all hard to get. When i rocked up to my local ad to get my bracelet adjust they asked how i got my sd43. Even when i rang up the other ad to remive my name from the list they were very supprise ive gotten my rolex already
genkifd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 05:15 PM   #98
oldman2005
"TRF" Member

Definitely not easy to find here otherwise I would buy one more.
oldman2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 02:08 PM   #99
NavyChief01
"TRF" Member

No problem selling in my town.

Quote:

They are definitely not sitting on the shelf at my AD! One for daily wear, the other for the safe deposit box.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C672D78A-AE8B-46F2-9086-E52F88804084.jpeg (92.7 KB, 122 views)
NavyChief01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2018, 02:19 PM   #100
NavyChief01
"TRF" Member

You have to wear this watch in all your daily activities to get a feel for how awesome and beautiful it is. I bought a green sub (hulk) last year and never wore it it. I put it in the safe and left it. One day I said what the heck, I’m going to wear it for a week, and once I saw it in the many shades of light at work, while driving, and out on the town, and now it truly is the most visually stunning watch I have. Had I not put it to work in my daily life, I may have not seen it’s true beauty. My gut feeling is the SD43 will turn out the same way amidst the standard Rolex fare I see at the coffee shop every day. I get more questions about this watch than any other I have.
NavyChief01 is offline   Reply With Quote