The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 May 2018, 07:00 AM   #31
bjr011
"TRF" Member

The DJII is a great watch and wears slightly bigger; however, the fluted bezel proportions are off. My white dial DJ41 (appears) to wear slightly bigger than the other dial colors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2293.jpg (105.2 KB, 77 views)
bjr011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 07:11 AM   #32
teabags001
Banned

Watch: DD40, hulk, Dayton
Dj 41 too small or just right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjr011 View Post
The DJII is a great watch and wears slightly bigger; however, the fluted bezel proportions are off. My white dial DJ41 (appears) to wear slightly bigger than the other dial colors.

I agree about the bezel especially with the sticks. But I love the big bezel with the diamonds. I think it makes the whole watch pop more and I really needed the extra few mm in size. The 41 was just too small. I wanted to love it. I love the jubilee. But at the end of the day I love myDj ii more then the DJ41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teabags001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 07:17 AM   #33
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I think the DJ41 looks a little small on you but it is a matter of personal choice. I own the DJ II with the Rhodium Diamond Dial and can tell you it is a cool watch that can be worn either casual or dress. It is comfortable and with the Easy Link system it works in a weather conditions as my wrist swells. Go for it.

Took your advice! Thanks!

Old 24 May 2018, 07:37 AM   #34
FiguredMaple
"TRF" Member

I feel the same. The DJII is the better watch. The DJ41 will do if you can't get a DJII.
FiguredMaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 07:51 AM   #35
teabags001
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiguredMaple View Post
I feel the same. The DJII is the better watch. The DJ41 will do if you can't get a DJII.

I feel the DJIll is a much better watch for the younger guy who wants a little flash. As much as I wanted to love the DJ41 the weight and bezel size and being a little bigger drew me to the DJll. Bigger bezel or more power reserve. I could have picked up the DJ41 same dial for about the same price. So I just love the wrist presence of the DJll. So glad I listened to the WIS on this forum. The DJ41 and DJll wear night and day difference. I couldn’t even tell I was wearing a watch with the DJ41 jubilee. You can feel the weight of the DJll on oyster. I’m glad I didn’t write it off just because it was a old discontinued model. I’m not a huge fan of diamond dials but I love the look of the layout. More clean in my eyes. And the diamond on rhodium is a Homerun. It’s more understated. But can be very flashy under the right lights.

Old 24 May 2018, 08:09 AM   #36
RolexComplex
"TRF" Member

Congrats on an excellent choice for you. The fact that YOU love it is all that matters. Wear it in good health!
RolexComplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 08:37 AM   #37
teabags001
Banned

Dj 41 too small or just right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexComplex View Post
Congrats on an excellent choice for you. The fact that YOU love it is all that matters. Wear it in good health!

Thank you my friend.
You as well.

Old 24 May 2018, 09:19 AM   #38
Gmt+10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by teabags001 View Post
I feel the DJIll is a much better watch for the younger guy who wants a little flash. As much as I wanted to love the DJ41 the weight and bezel size and being a little bigger drew me to the DJll. Bigger bezel or more power reserve. I could have picked up the DJ41 same dial for about the same price. So I just love the wrist presence of the DJll. So glad I listened to the WIS on this forum. The DJ41 and DJll wear night and day difference. I couldn’t even tell I was wearing a watch with the DJ41 jubilee. You can feel the weight of the DJll on oyster. I’m glad I didn’t write it off just because it was a old discontinued model. I’m not a huge fan of diamond dials but I love the look of the layout. More clean in my eyes. And the diamond on rhodium is a Homerun. It’s more understated. But can be very flashy under the right lights.

The datejust III is an excellent choice haha. Congrats looks good on your wrist.
Gmt+10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2018, 10:38 AM   #39
eonflux
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
Looks like a good fit
eonflux is offline   Reply With Quote