The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 17 March 2017, 03:15 AM   #331
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlS View Post
Round and round we go....it's not a hang up.... on a $70k watch it's an expectation...on the CB it's expected but he didn't in the CS...I am sure there is a reason now if someone can explain the why...can we go back an enjoys Arnaud and his nymphs??? It's his thread!
The reason could be simple, to save some money. There's no such thing as no corners cut. Just because it's an expensive watch it meant no expenses spared.

Like any manufactured product, I am sure there is budget set, if you spend more there, then maybe save some here, things like that.
tom2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 03:19 AM   #332
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom2517 View Post
The reason could be simple, to save some money. There's no such thing as no corners cut. Just because it's an expensive watch it meant no expenses spared.

Like any manufactured product, I am sure there is budget set, if you spend more there, then maybe save some here, things like that.
Of course, it is business after all. The only watch I found really cool with printed numerals was the Breguet reveil du Tsar, but the special boutique edition, it's enamel dial, cream color, and had printed instead of applied, very beautiful, but usually I find applied does bring something extra IMHO
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 03:46 AM   #333
Hollister
Banned

Watch: 114300
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Of course, it is business after all. The only watch I found really cool with printed numerals was the Breguet reveil du Tsar, but the special boutique edition, it's enamel dial, cream color, and had printed instead of applied, very beautiful, but usually I find applied does bring something extra IMHO
This applied indices thing is just so weird, I didn't know it was even "a thing" until Karl brought it up some months ago.

The fact that applied indices are found in the very cheapest watches you can buy makes this a total non-issue in my book (not that it ever was an issue!), because it shows that applied indices can't possibly be an expensive thing to implement.

Why has FPJ chosen to print? Almost certainly aesthetic reasons, and definitely not cost-cutting. The FPJ dials are made of gold.
Hollister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 03:30 PM   #334
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollister View Post
This applied indices thing is just so weird, I didn't know it was even "a thing" until Karl brought it up some months ago.

The fact that applied indices are found in the very cheapest watches you can buy makes this a total non-issue in my book (not that it ever was an issue!), because it shows that applied indices can't possibly be an expensive thing to implement.

Why has FPJ chosen to print? Almost certainly aesthetic reasons, and definitely not cost-cutting. The FPJ dials are made of gold.
Not saying that for me it is a "thing", maybe it's just taste, but I also prefer applied, and I know that FPJ put expensive materials for dials, movements and other things, but I always preferred applied, for example I was thinking of getting an old Rolex Pepsi a few months ago, there are some where the markers are just painted tritium, and others where it's applied with the tritium inside, if I remember correctly the painted ones are more expensive, but I prefer much more the newer applied.
Again just tastes and personal opinions on what we like in luxury watches I suppose, also I would imagine that applied numerals will stand better to the aging factor. One thing that I am not very fond of with PP PC's and AC's is that the sub dials are printed and to me it does look a little bit cheap, IMHO they would look much better with applied, again just my tastes as many people love them...
Old 17 March 2017, 04:39 PM   #335
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:

How do you know it's definitely not cost cutting, because the dials are made of gold. Could it be because the dial is made of gold, FPJ need to find other areas to save money?

I am in manufacturing, little things counts, they add up, if you don't watch out, the part or product will soon be over budget.

None of us made the watch, so we don't know the true reason why it was printed. Sure it could be for aesthetic reasons, but instead of overthinking about this, I am just saying, it could be the simplest reason of all, cost cutting.
Old 17 March 2017, 11:57 PM   #336
Hollister
Banned

Quote:
How do you know it's definitely not cost cutting, because the dials are made of gold. Could it be because the dial is made of gold, FPJ need to find other areas to save money?

I am in manufacturing, little things counts, they add up, if you don't watch out, the part or product will soon be over budget.

None of us made the watch, so we don't know the true reason why it was printed. Sure it could be for aesthetic reasons, but instead of overthinking about this, I am just saying, it could be the simplest reason of all, cost cutting.
I don't know. There, I admitted it.

It does seem, however, EXCEEDINGLY unlikely given the general design philosophy and obsessional attention to detail which FPJ bestows on his money-no-object watches, that he chose to print numerals instead of having applied indices just to save a few quid!

But you never know.
Old 18 March 2017, 01:28 AM   #337
tom2517
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waspy1 View Post
Just saw this on IG:
May have to give Kari a call myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have seen an article on this before. That's one nice watch.
Old 18 March 2017, 03:14 AM   #338
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
I don't know. There, I admitted it.

It does seem, however, EXCEEDINGLY unlikely given the general design philosophy and obsessional attention to detail which FPJ bestows on his money-no-object watches, that he chose to print numerals instead of having applied indices just to save a few quid!

But you never know.
Times are tough anyway I am a big fan of the Patek 5159 and that has printed numerals!! Maybe I am thinking he missed a trick by not doing something special like on the CS which would have just rounded it off nicely...anyway we need some QP owners to post some pics
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2017, 06:42 PM   #339
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have seen an article on this before. That's one nice watch.
The work is very well done, but the style is really not for me
Old 28 April 2017, 06:06 PM   #340
KarlS
Banned

Arnaud, the nymphs should be just about be due now???? Considering how poorly you travel....would you like me to collect?
Old 28 April 2017, 06:25 PM   #341
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Arnaud, the nymphs should be just about be due now???? Considering how poorly you travel....would you like me to collect?
Hahahaha, no travel pretty fine, just seems to be a curse with Baselworld... yes Kari wrote me that the engraving is almost finished, the movement is made, they need to make the dial and hands and once the engraving is finished the case maker needs about 1 week to make the case, well in fact brush and polish it since it is already made as I understand, I thought the case back was detachable but since he needs to finish engraving for them to do the case it isn't. So basically it will be ready for sure in May as promised, so will have it before my birthday on June 9th, I would imagine that within 15 days it should be all finished. How about yours still due in June?
Old 28 April 2017, 06:29 PM   #342
lapince
"TRF" Member

But thanks for the proposition my friend
Old 28 April 2017, 06:54 PM   #343
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
But thanks for the proposition my friend
Yes June but I am in Florida 15 June to 8 July so can only collect after. He gets an extra month
Old 28 April 2017, 07:16 PM   #344
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Yes June but I am in Florida 15 June to 8 July so can only collect after. He gets an extra month
that's great, can't wait to see it, hope there will be other incomings from him on TRF after ours
Old 12 May 2017, 02:13 AM   #345
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Gold.
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 02:15 AM   #346
AckAck
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5204P
Quote:
No idea what service time is.
From moment of order to delivery 12 months, will get it May 17, my Bday is June 9th.
Thanks Paul I should enjoy it
Just read this entire thread. Absolute gold. Thank you Paul. ;) If I am not mistaken LaPince we are 6 days away from the big reveal?
AckAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 05:01 AM   #347
ELITEVIDEOGAMES
"TRF" Member

Watch: me sell games
Anxiously awaiting the reveal
ELITEVIDEOGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 08:07 AM   #348
Hollister
Banned

How many nymphs did you settle on?
Old 12 May 2017, 02:09 PM   #349
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Ahhhh now it's not the number of nymphs but the quality of the breasts!! All to be revealed!!
Old 12 May 2017, 05:50 PM   #350
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AckAck View Post
Just read this entire thread. Absolute gold. Thank you Paul. ;) If I am not mistaken LaPince we are 6 days away from the big reveal?
Everything is almost done, but there is a delay in one of the things...

Quote:

Quote:
Ahhhh now it's not the number of nymphs but the quality of the breasts!! All to be revealed!!
Old 12 May 2017, 08:17 PM   #351
Hollister
Banned

Quote:
Silicon implants?
Old 12 May 2017, 09:56 PM   #352
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Everything is almost done, but there is a delay in one of the things...

Forget the watch Lapince, I want pics from your vacation to FL for three weeks. We need more info on that
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 11:15 PM   #353
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
Forget the watch Lapince, I want pics from your vacation to FL for three weeks. We need more info on that
FL? Is that Florida? Haven't been there in 20 years.
Old 12 May 2017, 11:22 PM   #354
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
FL? Is that Florida? Haven't been there in 20 years.
Oopps...sorry that was Karl that's going to FL. You Vout guys are hard to keep straight

Commence with the nymphs...
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 May 2017, 11:35 PM   #355
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Oopps...sorry that was Karl that's going to FL. You Vout guys are hard to keep straight

I keep it simple for vacations, July will be Thailand for a month, cool beaches and love the food
Old 13 May 2017, 12:19 AM   #356
Andrés G
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I keep it simple for vacations, July will be Thailand for a month, cool beaches and love the food
A month off is a simple vacation? I'm definitely doing something wrong.
Andrés G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 02:39 AM   #357
wach16
"TRF" Member

Watch: 228239, PAM00684
Cant wait for the big reveal!

Rolex 228239
PAM00684
wach16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2017, 07:56 AM   #358
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrés G View Post
A month off is a simple vacation? I'm definitely doing something wrong.

That makes two of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 May 2017, 04:50 PM   #359
KarlS
Banned

Quote:

My first cruise included....sounds quite awful!
Old 13 May 2017, 06:03 PM   #360
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My first cruise included....sounds quite awful!
A cruise? On paper sounds cool, but everytime I saw reports or documentaries, it was 99% senior citizens. All my condolances Karl