The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 23 January 2020, 02:54 AM   #1
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Suggestions for new watch?

I figured I’d canvas some of the more seasoned collectors on this forum for advice. I have an idea of where I’d like to go, but maybe I’ll be introduced to some new ideas. Many in my current collection are vintage pieces, but I wouldn’t characterize myself as a vintage collector. My eyes are now drawn more to modern independents. I intentionally keep my collection small. Obviously, cost is a consideration, but let’s say for the purposes of this exercise it is not.

Any advice?

My current collection:

Rolex 1675 GMT MKII with super fat font insert - this one is staying as a permanent member and could honestly be the only Rolex I own. I’m not a Rolex junkie.

Rolex 14060 tritium dial - I’m going to part with this one. Again, I only need one Rolex.

Omega Speedmaster 3570 - This one is going too. I’m not a chronograph guy.

Omega Cosmic Moonphase 2606-3 - Beautiful watch, original dial. This one is staying.

Omega Flat Jedi 145.024 - I’m not married to this watch, but I’ll likely keep it for a little while.

Omega Seamaster 166.067 - Beautiful sparkle dial. I paid very little for it and will keep it.
Cozmopak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 03:19 AM   #2
JD305
"TRF" Member

Watch: Long E 1675
So you are looking for independents (non-big names)?

Not a chromo guy (I was going to recommend the new in house Breitling models with B01 movements, that have Daytona 4135 DNA)

dressier sport or more of the beefier diver look?

How about Tudor with their new in-house movements? Pelagos? Black Bay?

couple of cool German brands ...
Sinn
Muhle Glashutte

I have couple of Nardin Maxi Marine models
JD305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 03:31 AM   #3
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Yes, looking for non-big names, and definitely dressier.
Old 23 January 2020, 04:22 AM   #4
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Between the three-handed Richard Lange and the 1815 up/down, which would you choose?
Old 23 January 2020, 04:33 AM   #5
JD305
"TRF" Member

Watch: Long E 1675
aha ... so these non-big names

I do prefer a bicompax dial .... that 1815 in German silver is nice because I do prefer a manual movement and it's 3 day PR. Definitely different to anything you currently own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmopak View Post
Between the three-handed Richard Lange and the 1815 up/down, which would you choose?
JD305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 04:37 AM   #6
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

I think I’m moving in that direction too. I love the gold case up/down with the blue hands...mmm
Old 23 January 2020, 06:03 AM   #7
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Moser & Cie Pioneer or Endeavor center seconds
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 06:14 AM   #8
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp28 View Post
Moser & Cie Pioneer or Endeavor center seconds
Moser has interested me quite a bit recently. It seems like a polarizing watch, though. Some ardent followers as well as ardent haters.
Old 23 January 2020, 10:09 AM   #9
Jay (Eire)
2024 Pledge Member

The Journes and Langes you’ve been engaging about on other threads are obviously materially more of a commitment financially that the current collection. Are you mentally ready to make that jump? Selling several to acquire one?

Have you looked at other smaller brands or watchmakers like Ming, Laine, Harbring, Hentschel, Kudoke ? The list goes on, we a spoiled for choice really.
Jay (Eire) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 10:33 AM   #10
Cozmopak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay (Eire) View Post
The Journes and Langes you’ve been engaging about on other threads are obviously materially more of a commitment financially that the current collection. Are you mentally ready to make that jump? Selling several to acquire one?

Have you looked at other smaller brands or watchmakers like Ming, Laine, Harbring, Hentschel, Kudoke ? The list goes on, we a spoiled for choice really.
Thank you for those suggestions!

You’re right, price is certainly a consideration. My 1675 is approaching the prices of several of the Journes and Langes that I’m considering, so I am capable of making stupid financial decisions! :)
Old 23 January 2020, 10:43 AM   #11
locutus49
Banned

Watch: Platona
I'm going to buy a Cartier Drive with moonphase. It is $6,500 or so in SS and 12K in gold. Automatic in house movement and exhibition back. Alligator strap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmopak View Post
I figured I’d canvas some of the more seasoned collectors on this forum for advice. I have an idea of where I’d like to go, but maybe I’ll be introduced to some new ideas. Many in my current collection are vintage pieces, but I wouldn’t characterize myself as a vintage collector. My eyes are now drawn more to modern independents. I intentionally keep my collection small. Obviously, cost is a consideration, but let’s say for the purposes of this exercise it is not.

Any advice?

My current collection:

Rolex 1675 GMT MKII with super fat font insert - this one is staying as a permanent member and could honestly be the only Rolex I own. I’m not a Rolex junkie.

Rolex 14060 tritium dial - I’m going to part with this one. Again, I only need one Rolex.

Omega Speedmaster 3570 - This one is going too. I’m not a chronograph guy.

Omega Cosmic Moonphase 2606-3 - Beautiful watch, original dial. This one is staying.

Omega Flat Jedi 145.024 - I’m not married to this watch, but I’ll likely keep it for a little while.

Omega Seamaster 166.067 - Beautiful sparkle dial. I paid very little for it and will keep it.
locutus49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 12:11 PM   #12
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Cartier Santos Large!
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote