The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 January 2020, 11:54 AM   #1
averynickt
Banned

What type of discounts to expect on Hublot?

Now don't shoot me for asking, but I kinda dig the Spirit of Big Bang model. Knowing I need to buy right, and there doesn't seem to be many preowned available my options are limited.

What is a good discount to expect? This is by far my only watch, just a new piece to have fun with.
averynickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 02:39 PM   #2
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

I do not know anyone owning Hublot in my watch community... that said, grey is 35-40%, not sure about AD, but at minimum 20-25%.

There are so many better brands such as Omega, IWC, JLC, and if you want something not many have in their collection, Blancpain, Jaquet Droz, Zenith, Bulgari, Piaget, Girard-Perregaux, Glashütte, or Breguet.
polaris72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 08:20 PM   #3
PJ S
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by averynickt View Post
Now don't shoot me for asking, but I kinda dig the Spirit of Big Bang model. Knowing I need to buy right, and there doesn't seem to be many preowned available my options are limited.

What is a good discount to expect? This is by far my only watch, just a new piece to have fun with.
Not much difference between new and used.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2020, 10:29 PM   #4
averynickt
Banned

Better is up to each singular perspn. I have two rolex's, and AP, UN, Cartier and personally love the look of the Spirit of Big Bang. Unlike some I can't swing a RM, so I look at Hublot

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris72 View Post
I do not know anyone owning Hublot in my watch community... that said, grey is 35-40%, not sure about AD, but at minimum 20-25%.

There are so many better brands such as Omega, IWC, JLC, and if you want something not many have in their collection, Blancpain, Jaquet Droz, Zenith, Bulgari, Piaget, Girard-Perregaux, Glashütte, or Breguet.
Old 22 January 2020, 10:30 PM   #5
averynickt
Banned

What grey's are offering 35-40% I talked to one not to be named and was told 25% give me a grey at 40 and im' buying
Old 22 January 2020, 10:44 PM   #6
averynickt
Banned

Sorry I have to add, I get some don't like Hublot, no different than some don't like AP, or Tudor, etc. In the end what we spend crazy money on is a watch to wear and enjoy. If someone wants to spend 100k on a watch while I think that is crazy so be it, go spend it. I won't bash you. Me personally, I love AP, I love UN, I'm just a fan of certain Rolex not all. Not a fan of Tag, Omega, Seiko, etc but I don't bash them. I don't get the hate when someone mentions Hublot. Quality, nope no issue, design, ok so they stole/copy..who doesn't.

Send me who I can get 40% from and I'll gladly wear one with pride and joy
Old 22 January 2020, 11:50 PM   #7
Becweb
Banned

No one badmouthed hublot on your thread, don't get too defensive lol. I think 25-30% should be the target, unless there are extraordinary sales associated with special celebrations.
Becweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 12:29 AM   #8
averynickt
Banned

No did in this tread outside of the there are “better” brands. I spent two hours last night reading multiple threads of Hublot bashing and just don’t get it. Like I said I understand everyone has different likes and taste that’s what makes this fun.
Old 23 January 2020, 01:49 AM   #9
PeqFB
"TRF" Member

I got 17% off from a AD for a new limited edition. The boutique was unwilling to give me a discount so I went to another AD that I dealt with before. I believe I may have been able to get a few more percentages off but at that point I wasn’t going to grasp at straws.
PeqFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 05:15 AM   #10
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by averynickt View Post
Sorry I have to add, I get some don't like Hublot, no different than some don't like AP, or Tudor, etc. In the end what we spend crazy money on is a watch to wear and enjoy. If someone wants to spend 100k on a watch while I think that is crazy so be it, go spend it. I won't bash you. Me personally, I love AP, I love UN, I'm just a fan of certain Rolex not all. Not a fan of Tag, Omega, Seiko, etc but I don't bash them. I don't get the hate when someone mentions Hublot. Quality, nope no issue, design, ok so they stole/copy..who doesn't.

Send me who I can get 40% from and I'll gladly wear one with pride and joy
Jomashop.com for starters. I will do some more research and try to find 2 more with good prices.
Old 23 January 2020, 06:03 AM   #11
averynickt
Banned

I saw Joma. Never used them they ok?? Working on finding another to see if I can do better.
Old 23 January 2020, 10:34 AM   #12
Jdepo
"TRF" Member

I heard they’re good. Never used them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jdepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 10:43 AM   #13
averynickt
Banned

thanks. joma seems to be around 30%. if anyone knows of better please let me know
Old 23 January 2020, 11:58 AM   #14
jenniferjanef
"TRF" Member

Most of Hublot watches can be discount around 25%.. However, their sapphire series and some top end Ferrari series discount are minimal (around 10-20% max) due to Low supply.

Hublot watches are robust and perfect as a daily beater. Very reliable and keep time amazingly.

Good luck and happy shopping.
jenniferjanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2020, 04:35 PM   #15
polaris72
2024 Pledge Member

Watchmaxx.com has Spirit of Bing Bang discounted in the range of 20 - 38 % depending on the model, looks like gold pieces have bigger discounts. I bought one of my IWC watches there 3 years ago. Authenticwatches.com are between 20 - 30 %. Bought from them too before. Jomashop.com sells also used watches, make sure to check you are buying new one. They have a trade-in option too, but one must work some kind of deal over the phone for trade-in. I would call any of them on the phone before making the purchase. My purchases were usually around 5K, I would be careful when buying such an expensive watch on the internet from grey. Before you commit to anything, you may also search trusted sellers here on TRF, I bought from davidsw.com (who also sells here) and see what kind of discount you can get from him or the other guys. As a matter of fact, many OPs here on TRF seems to prefer buy from sellers here as they have very good reputation. Fun is in the hunt and research about watch and getting the best price you are comfortable with...

Edit: In relation to Joma reputation, you will find positive and negative comments too. Do your research first to make sure you are getting what you are expecting. It is an expensive model after all, which I did not realize before.
Old 23 January 2020, 11:48 PM   #16
bigjack78
"TRF" Member

I like the Spirit as well. Nice design. I'm going to try one on when I'm in Las Vegas next week.
bigjack78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 12:51 AM   #17
walds11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjack78 View Post
I like the Spirit as well. Nice design. I'm going to try one on when I'm in Las Vegas next week.
I’ve always been a big fan of the Spirit of Big Bang (SoBB) collection. I tried on the 42mm case size and it fit my wrist like a dream! It's a close second Tonneau shaped case behind RM in my opinion. Being that RM is out of my league, the SoBB is a great alternative.

The SoBB houses the caliber HUB4700, which is a reworked and skeletonised version of the famous El Primero chronograph movement from Zenith, Hublot’s sister brand within LVMH. Good stuff here!
Old 24 January 2020, 02:45 AM   #18
averynickt
Banned

Thanks for the info. I’m in same boat as you, no doubt they are behind RM but RM is out of my league. Now the search for the right watch at the right price.
Old 24 January 2020, 04:45 AM   #19
watchucallit
"TRF" Member

Jomashop is horrible.. If there are no issues fine-- but if there is one-- they will rip you off. I had a horrific experience with them. Not worth the risk. There ratings are higher than real as well. I will tell you I wrote a negative review after my experience and Jomashop complained to the website I had posted and they pulled my review and said without data they would not show my post. So I took photos of the receipts and my emails and they said I was correct and they reposted the review. It took them multiple weeks and my negative post was placed at the original date I posted so way down the line. So how many people would have the data and how many would take the time to send it to get their post placed back on the review site? So I think in reality their negative ratings are much higher than what is listed.. Again read some of the negative experiences and are you willing to risk to save a few more dollars on such an expensive purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by polaris72 View Post
Jomashop.com for starters. I will do some more research and try to find 2 more with good prices.
watchucallit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 04:58 AM   #20
averynickt
Banned

well that scares me. i hadn't heard of watchmaxx until today either. both seem to be around 30-32% on what i'm looking at.

i contacted a site seller and was given 25%. super trusted there but 7% difference is a ton
Old 10 August 2021, 01:49 PM   #21
Zeewatch
"TRF" Member

Hi OP, what did you end up doing then? Where did you buy from? Thanks
Zeewatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2021, 06:17 PM   #22
shafran
"TRF" Member

I had a good experience

with Jomashop. The downside is that they sometimes keep the warranty card.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 August 2021, 11:18 PM   #23
bigjack78
"TRF" Member

I bought a Meca 10 from Jomashop and they sent a damaged watch and claimed it was new. Thankfully I recorded myself opening the box and they had to take it back. Ended up going with the AD
bigjack78 is offline   Reply With Quote