The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 July 2019, 06:08 AM   #1
Vicious49
"TRF" Member

Horrible experience with DelRayWatch - buyer beware!

I originally posted this on WUS - https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/ho...e-4993189.html - but as a member of this forum as well, wanted to make the users here aware as well.

The basic gist is they sent me a watch that was broken. Were notified immediately. Would not refund but would buy back from me at a $850 discount. I asked if they could find something else for me that way they still make money. While waiting I started a thread asking about the return policy on WUS. Fed got pissed and refunded the money but said he was going to pass my info on to his dealer network. And now John is misrepresenting the events.

The rest of this is details that show that what he just posted is a lie.

I have bought and sold/traded over 100 watches - probably 15-20 just this year alone. Not as a dealer but as someone who likes trying different watches for his own personal collection. Despite all that, everything has gone pretty smoothly until now. I've just had the only dishonest watch experience during my entire WIS history. I was going to let it go but the dealer - DelRayWatch - is now lying on the forum.

I have to set the record straight as well as warn other members. This will be quite lengthy but without details the dealer will spread more lies. All I'm asking is that you go in with an open mind and without any preconceived notions that you have of them from their youtube channel. I can provide screenshots or forward emails to anyone who wants to question any off this. Ask them if they can do the same.

I can live with a bad watch deal but not dishonesty. Below is a quote from John that he made in another thread. I will provide dates and times that show how it is all lies.

"Originally Posted by delraywatch View Post
Hi everyone, John from Delray Watch here. I am quite disappointed to see the thread here considering how much our staff has actually worked to take care of the customer that posted here. First, I'd like to clear up any confusion on the scenario at hand. The customer had purchased a JLC Memovox which we did sell to him on our website. Several days after receiving, we were told the alarm was not functioning properly.

Of course, we agreed here to repair the watch, as we honor a 1 year complete technical warranty on watches. Regardless of whether or not the alarm bell was damaged in shipping, we agreed to cover this with our warranty program which we offer for this very reason to have the customer always protected, even at our expense when damaged in shipping. When our small team received the watch, our watchmaker inspected and told us the repair would be quick. The customer then agreed to have the watch repaired and then sent back as soon as possible when complete.

A short time after repairs began, the customer decided that he no longer wanted the watch, after agreeing to the repair. When Federico spoke with him, he said while he did not want this watch, he would be interested in the new Cartier Santos. After choosing that resolution, Federico spent the entire weekend finding the new preowned Cartier Santos- which took many hours to find it at the proper price point.

After we found the Cartier for him, and purchasing it from another dealer for him with our funds, we were notified of this forum post. Everyone here at Delray Watch was very disappointed and confused because we feel we went above and beyond: offering warranty no questions asked, hunt down a new model watch at steep discount, and spending much time and overall having a pleasant experience with the customer with no real signs of an unsatisfied customer.

Since this, we have given the customer a refund, and we now are stuck with a new Cartier Santos watch that we did not need. We have a very small team here at Delray Watch- these types of allegations do hurt us and now will need to stock a new Cartier Santos, likely suffering us a loss, which does happen in business, though as a small team- I can assure you it is felt.

Now, I can touch on the returns policy. Policies are written legally. This is the nature of online E commerce. In a time where fraud runs rampant online, especially with expensive items, processors and banks require properly worded policies. Without policies, how could anyone that runs a small business sleep at night knowing that they and their family is protected in the event of fraud? We have had people with their entire identity stolen make purchases, which there is little protection to us for.

Please keep in mind: we are not large venture capital-backed like Crown and Caliber, we are not DSW, we are not Real Real, nor are we Govberg, Topper, and the other huge players.

We are Delray Watch, and we offer boutique experience, where you can call us and talk to the same person that makes the Youtube videos and the same person that handles the trades, works with the watchmaker, and takes you as a collector from point A to B. We will tell you what we think about Romain Jerome, we will tell you that perhaps a Zenith would work with your collection a bit more than an iced our Hublot.

Including this, we have always done right by our customers. Every trade that we have ever done, we have handled above and beyond how we would like to be treated and certainly well passed the experience received from the bigger players. (As someone that worked at the top level for one of the companies mentioned above, I can assure you this wholeheartedly).

One scenario we face with having a few very public Youtube channels is becoming a target for individuals that do not agree with the content. When I partnered with Federico I was shocked at some of the negative energy we are faced with including unwarranted hollow death threats and posting of public home addresses on this form. Nonetheless, every day we wake up and continue to strive to more than please those that work with us every day in their horological pursuits because the overwhelming support in the positive covers this which drives us forward.

I urge you to look online, go through reviews, visit Facebook groups, and talk to customers that work with us every day.

If some how, the most scrutinizing of consumers needs more, we welcome calls, chats, emails, comments we would love to chat watches.

Cheers!

John"