The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 23 April 2009, 10:31 AM   #1
hugh59
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 1 1016
Explorer 1016 versus Alpha Explorer; review soon

I am the happy owner of an Explorer 1 rev. 1016 that I inherited from my father. It is my most cherished possession...but one that I don't wear as often as I like for fear of something untoward happening to it.

I hate the fakes, but I have been on the look out for a good substitute that looks enough like the Explorer to remind me of it. One that is not a fake. I just learned about the Alpha "homage" watches and decided to take a chance.

It should arrive in a few days. I will then post a review and compare the "homage" with the real thing. I've seen reviews of other Alpha watches here and at other sites. I am interested in seeing just how much I can get for $50.

I will also compare it with some other low price watches I have. I have been a happy member of the "poor man's watch forum" for several years and I have a nice collection of bargain watches including a Marcello C Nettuno 2, a Sandoz Diver, a Seiko SNX427K2, and a few others. Inexpensive does not mean "poor quality." They might not be heirlooms that I can pass on to future generations, but they get the job done.
hugh59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 06:38 AM   #2
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
good point you made there...I'd sure like to see your comparison of a real to a homage as you got will have opportunity to toy with both..everyone, even the largest collector and biggest watch enthusiast has some inexpensive watches that he must have bought and have enjoyed at some point in time I am sure :)
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2009, 06:59 AM   #3
diablojota
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Submariner Date
I have an Alpha Radiomir (homage to panarai). It's a great watch for the price. And I like how it doesn't try to be a fake. Looking forward to the review.

FcB
diablojota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2019, 01:40 AM   #4
moja
"TRF" Member

very beautiful
moja is offline   Reply With Quote