The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 April 2012, 07:30 AM   #1
RandyS
"TRF" Member

Help me with lume problem

This is a lume shot of my TWO TONE BLUE CERAMIC Rolex, as you can see this is not blue...I am told over at TZ that it should be blue, when I see a shot of blue lume it is not turquoise like this but very very blue..

I am going to borrow this shot that someone posted showing a new and old anniversary sub, as you can see, my lume is more like the older sub when it had green lume (you have to click on link, I dont know how to do it any other way)

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...V/16e9a389.jpg

So, does the two tone Blue Ceramic sub NOT have blue lume? Anybody know i.e. anybody have one here they can post a pic for me please!
RandyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2012, 07:34 AM   #2
floater156
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
I don't know the answer, but I'm pretty sure I've seen this same issue posted on here before. You may want to search past threads.
Old 10 April 2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Are you saying that now we need to worry about what shade of blue our lume is...
Old 10 April 2012, 07:38 AM   #4
RandyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Are you saying that now we need to worry about what shade of blue our lume is...
Oh wow, if it was shade, no, but in one pic you see a very blue lume, very very very very blue...mine is nothing like that, and having owned several Rolex's with green lume, yes, I actually was looking forward to the blue lume...

so yes, if the shade is this far off, yes, i am worried about it'

like when i go to sell it, i better be able to explain why it isnt blue as advertised, just for example
Old 10 April 2012, 07:44 AM   #5
MoBe
"TRF" Member

I wouldn`t worry about,Rolex are not known for the quality of their lume so it`s not likely to be an issue come resale time.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2012, 07:44 AM   #6
J12

I had noticed the same thing with my SubC, however, I'm pretty sure that it just takes my eyes some time when it's dark to get adjusted. I really noticed this the last time we had a power outage here. When the power first went off I thought it looked greenish/blue like in your above picture, but then about 20 minutes later it looked very blue to me like in the catalog pictures. Hope this helps!
J12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyS View Post
Oh wow, if it was shade, no, but in one pic you see a very blue lume, very very very very blue...mine is nothing like that, and having owned several Rolex's with green lume, yes, I actually was looking forward to the blue lume...

so yes, if the shade is this far off, yes, i am worried about it'

like when i go to sell it, i better be able to explain why it isnt blue as advertised, just for example
I would doubt that you will have to explain the color of the lume when you go to sell it.. It just isn't a topic that usually comes up..

If you truly think that Rolex didn't give you a watch with "blue enough" lume, perhaps they will change your dial for you..

Your photo looks blue to me as compared to the earlier green lume.. Here is what one of mine looks like..

Old 10 April 2012, 07:49 AM   #8
RandyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J12 View Post
I had noticed the same thing with my SubC, however, I'm pretty sure that it just takes my eyes some time when it's dark to get adjusted. I really noticed this the last time we had a power outage here. When the power first went off I thought it looked greenish/blue like in your above picture, but then about 20 minutes later it looked very blue to me like in the catalog pictures. Hope this helps!
thanks, no, it never looks blue to me at all...not even close

i suppose it may not be an issue at resale time, but for the difference to be that much, in fact as far as I am concerned mine is green...my wife says maybe turquoise but certainly not blue

i remember when the first blue lumes came out, SD I think, I didnt want a SD but i sure wanted blue lume that looked like that

didnt get it and not happy about it, oh well
Old 10 April 2012, 07:50 AM   #9
RandyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
I would doubt that you will have to explain the color of the lume when you go to sell it.. It just isn't a topic that usually comes up..

If you truly think that Rolex didn't give you a watch with "blue enough" lume, perhaps they will change your dial for you..

Your photo looks blue to me as compared to the earlier green lume.. Here is what one of mine looks like..

Thanks for responding, but see, i see a HUGE difference in the color in my pic and the color in your pic...maybe I am the only one who sees it, yours isnt as bright due to the lighting of the pic, but the color difference is huge, to me

but like I say...oh well

i just looked again, either i am color blind or those two colors are nothing alike
Old 10 April 2012, 07:55 AM   #10
Tridor
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD, DJ, SubC Date
Hey, that's blue as far as I can tell. As long as it's not green (which would make it luminova at least), I think you're good to go.
Tridor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2012, 07:56 AM   #11
RandyS
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridor View Post
Hey, that's blue as far as I can tell. As long as it's not green (which would make it luminova at least), I think you're good to go.
ok, sounds good....it isnt remotely close to the blue in the other pic i posted, but as long as it is what it is suppose to be....

hell, it would be worth more if it was green, that would make it a rare mistake that probably could be worth something, but i just wanted a blue lume and my eyes dont see blue...

thanks everybody...
Old 10 April 2012, 10:06 AM   #12
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Here's my blue sub and my LV
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05519499.jpg (71.7 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg 08bdf451.jpg (93.7 KB, 134 views)
Old 10 April 2012, 10:51 AM   #13
Adam K.
Banned

Watch: All the Oysters
Yours looks fairly greenish to me, I will admit (and I'm not colorblind). Still, agree with others its no big deal.

Are you satisfied with your Sub-C in every other respect? :)
Adam K. is offline   Reply With Quote