The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 29 May 2019, 09:51 PM   #31
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Has anyone returned a luxury watch, costing in the thousands, after years of use and got their money back? I'd like some evidence of this, not just their spiel. They wouldn't take back a £300 unworn necklace without a lot of pushing and hassle.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 10:52 PM   #32
Mcfly3
"TRF" Member

Also if a part needs replacing on your watch it’s not going to be a Rolex part they put in there.. So you would have a Rolex with other watch parts... Pretty sure Rolex doesn’t sell watch parts to anybody.
Mcfly3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2019, 10:57 PM   #33
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Costco On Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I would buy from Costco if they prices were a little better.

Hi Bill,

Costco quality on most food items are 2nd to none. The meats are Resturant grade prime. The traveling seafood road show 2-3 times a month here in town have fresh prime Jumbo Alaskan red king crab, (3/4lb per leg if you pick right) shrimp, oysters and incredible salmon-and other seafood. The prices are much less lower but comparable to Resturant for same quality items its a great deal. Meat department will cut you smaller amounts of any meat, you don’t have to buy 15lbs of hamburger or a 8 pack of rib-eyes. The prime rib roast is the best I’ve ever had.

Yes, the staples of house hold items are very large quantities but last a long time if you have a smaller family. But per individual price its a great deal. Liquor prices are amazing and they are the largest wine buyers in the world. Clothing not so much I buy. I just bought prescription glasses last week and another good quality item. They do a through eye exam here for 85.00 although I used my own Optometrist insurance for the exam but purchased the lens and frames there for less then 250.00 and no problem bringing back for adjustments or repair. It’s not for everyone with a smaller family but per item it’s a great deal. I wouldn’t by clothes there though usually.This year I received back almost 900.00 for using my executive card.

I used them in Fort Lauderdale for shades for floor to ceiling coverage, wife loves Costco, I got 2 Tumi carry on Tegra-Lite hard cases for less then 325.00 each. One handle broke after 12 months and they gave me another one. Great bakery, and service is very good. I know it’s not for everyone. Kirkland brand cookware items are also top stuff. Jewelry, diamonds are high end certified. I don’t think I’d by a Rolex watch there though

Old 29 May 2019, 11:50 PM   #34
Kliminator
2024 Pledge Member

Interesting. All this talk about lifetime return policy isn't really true. It's up to the stores discretion on whether they want to allow you to return something or not. I was at customer service / membership desk and observed them turn away a guy who wanted to return a vacuum cleaner that was clearly at least 10 yrs old. That's not saying people aren't able to do that but YMMV

I'd feel okay buying from Costco as I think if something was wrong with the purchase, they would take care of it if it was within a reasonable amount of time. I would not buy under the assumption they would fix it or take it back forever... But that's just me
Kliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:06 AM   #35
wjj
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT II BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Love Costco! Hope some day to see a Rolex on display in-store.
There is, as of two weeks ago, a TT DJ with diamond markers at the Costco in Estero FL (Fort Myers area). $13.5K. Both of the Costcos in the Fort Myers area have Rolex (usually DJs or DDs) and other luxury brands on display from time to time. Same down the road in Naples. My wife bought a new unworn Cartier Ballon Bleu there several years ago with box, tags, and all papers including the warranty book stamped and filled in with the sales date. She is well beyond the Cartier warranty but can still get it fixed if need be at no charge by Costco. No problem buying from Costco.
wjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:12 AM   #36
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliminator View Post
Interesting. All this talk about lifetime return policy isn't really true. It's up to the stores discretion on whether they want to allow you to return something or not. I was at customer service / membership desk and observed them turn away a guy who wanted to return a vacuum cleaner that was clearly at least 10 yrs old. That's not saying people aren't able to do that but YMMV

I'd feel okay buying from Costco as I think if something was wrong with the purchase, they would take care of it if it was within a reasonable amount of time. I would not buy under the assumption they would fix it or take it back forever... But that's just me
Actually they have a published corporate return policy. I've had things declined by one store but was told that the decline was ridiculous and against corporate policy by another. This shouldn't be surprising given the behavior seen by various ADs on this forum.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:20 AM   #37
Jmbarrack
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ever changing!
I mean, I'd buy it but I can't afford the yearly membership fee.
Jmbarrack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:46 AM   #38
jimcameron
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16800
I bought a brand new Boston Whaler boat through Costco about 10 years ago. Great deal.
jimcameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:50 AM   #39
Just1More
"TRF" Member

Now that is hilarious--do I need to buy a case?
Just1More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 12:51 AM   #40
crownprince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseljb View Post
I work for Costco and we have our own watch smiths that can fix a problem or just get your money back no problem any time ....
I would like a Rolex from Costco any time. I wish Costco sell Grand Seikos!
crownprince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 03:45 AM   #41
Notsoprobro
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTG View Post
Love Costco! Hope some day to see a Rolex on display in-store.
My local Costco has an $8k Omega with a diamond bezel in their case right now (I'll nab a picture this weekend), and a Hublot that just recently sold for $10k+. I asked the sales person about Rolex and they said they had a DJ41 once and it was gone within 3 hours.
Notsoprobro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2019, 03:57 AM   #42
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

every Costco near me carry rolexes in store.
Mr Kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 10:17 AM   #43
broham
"TRF" Member

buddy of mine bought and returned a sm300, which was a couple grand, maybe 35. Costco didn't blink and credited his card. He had for a few weeks. This was a couple months ago.
broham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2019, 04:27 PM   #44
rolehex
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post

No better way to celebrate a DD purchase than to wash it down with a $1.50 hot dog and fountain drink!
mmmm I love those Dogs.
rolehex is offline   Reply With Quote