The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 18 February 2013, 10:09 AM   #1
blue92

Icon6 Rolex movement serial numbers

Anyone know if there are any published lists of Rolex watch movement serial numbers so one can figure out the production dates. I know there's a published list of case serial numbers but that only tells me how old the case is I want to know old the movements inside the cases are.

TIA
blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 10:17 AM   #2
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

That is a Rolex only info......and no such public list is available!

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 05:07 PM   #3
blue92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
That is a Rolex only info......and no such public list is available!

I don't know, when I worked at the Dallas Service center in 1986 I asked the same question. Well the Dallas center didn't know anyway. Fact when they were logging in the watches they didn't even make note of movement serial numbers. Maybe they do now but they didn't in those days.
blue92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 10:22 AM   #4
Thatguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PAM
Rolex isn't talking.
Thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 06:33 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue92 View Post
Anyone know if there are any published lists of Rolex watch movement serial numbers so one can figure out the production dates. I know there's a published list of case serial numbers but that only tells me how old the case is I want to know old the movements inside the cases are.

TIA
Every Internet list is only based on supposition and information that's been amassed over the years by the various forums etc as nothing has been officially released from Rolex. And by these charts be can get a approx date when the case/clasp was stamped between X&Y years and not when a completed watch was made nothing more.And look at it this way at one time Rolex was producing around 1000000 units a year less today.Now the cal 3135 is used in quite a few models so lets assume say 600000 of those were the cal 3135.Now these are not all made to order for any particular case.So these movements are not made the same day, week, or perhaps year.Plus the factor of the movement being tested at the COSC and ones tested being returned to Rolex from COSC. So at any one time Rolex must have a huge stock of movements for the mass production.And does it matter how old the movement is or what the serial case is.As when bought new they all get the same warranty,and no matter when the movement or case was stamped all Rolex mechanical watches are good for 50 years with just a little owner care and routine service.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Hubertus

Yep Peter, you are completely right. BUT most of us want to know every detail of the watch we have.

So I do understand the question but unfortunately we will probably never find out as Rolex just dont speak.
Hubertus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 08:51 PM   #7
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubertus View Post
Yep Peter, you are completely right. BUT most of us want to know every detail of the watch we have.

So I do understand the question but unfortunately we will probably never find out as Rolex just dont speak.
Cannot understand why do you ask every detail when say buy a washing machine or TV or any other mechanical devise when was made.And by knowing exactly when the case or movement was made will it make it last longer or work better.If you know Rolex as well as many on this forum you would know you was buying one of the finest long lasting mechanical movement on this planet.Surely that's enough to have the confidence in any Rolex watch no matter the serial or movement number otherwise why buy a Rolex unless like some they just wear a brand..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 10:18 PM   #8
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Cannot understand why do you ask every detail when say buy a washing machine or TV or any other mechanical devise when was made.And by knowing exactly when the case or movement was made will it make it last longer or work better.If you know Rolex as well as many on this forum you would know you was buying one of the finest long lasting mechanical movement on this planet.Surely that's enough to have the confidence in any Rolex watch no matter the serial or movement number otherwise why buy a Rolex unless like some they just wear a brand..
It seems you have no idea what passion is ...

There's no passion for washing machine or TV , there's for Rolex watches, at least for people loosing time on forums like TRF or others.

If your Rolex watch is only an object that only needs to work fine, why are you coming here ? it works , no ?
Alpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 10:32 PM   #9
Hubertus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpino View Post
It seems you have no idea what passion is ...

There's no passion for washing machine or TV , there's for Rolex watches, at least for people loosing time on forums like TRF or others.

If your Rolex watch is only an object that only needs to work fine, why are you coming here ? it works , no ?
100% correct!
Hubertus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 February 2013, 10:27 PM   #10
joe100
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer
If Rolex told us everything this hobby wouldn't be that much fun.