The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 October 2006, 03:07 PM   #1
RogerF
"TRF" Member

Watch: a gonna do?
Keep an eye on your bracelets

very good article.

http://www.clockmaker.com.au/rolex/5513bracelet.html
RogerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 03:27 PM   #2
djemmtee
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub
good find, very interesting article

Instagram: rolexfan69
djemmtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 03:48 PM   #3
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Hmm - time for me to go diving in Sydney, methinks.
Old 2 October 2006, 04:50 PM   #4
Otis
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedanken View Post
Hmm - time for me to go diving in Sydney, methinks.
Hey, put that diving bell away... I got dibs on 'em!

Read that a while back, very interesting!
Old 2 October 2006, 04:55 PM   #5
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerF View Post
Gerat article, Roger....but I could NEVER even dream of seeing my bracelet reach that stage of delapidation!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 05:12 PM   #6
amanda
Banned

I think once they start to loosen the bracelets start to really lose their appeal... they definitely look their best when newish! So I'd be getting it fixed real quick if mine did that.....

As for losing them at the bottom of the Harbour - goodness me, you'd hear me screaming across the entire Universe if my watch fell in!
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 05:14 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
I think once they start to loosen the bracelets start to really lose their appeal... they definitely look their best when newish! So I'd be getting it fixed real quick if mine did that.....

As for losing them at the bottom of the Harbour - goodness me, you'd hear me screaming across the entire Universe if my watch fell in!
After reading all of your recent posts, I truly can believe that last bit, Amanda!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 2 October 2006, 05:18 PM   #8
amanda
Banned

Yeh JJ it'd not be good... actually I am like that about most of my posessions.... whatever you do, dont bang your door into my car at the local shopping centre, I go into an instant rage!!!
Old 2 October 2006, 05:19 PM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Yeh JJ it'd not be good... actually I am like that about most of my posessions.... whatever you do, dont bang your door into my car at the local shopping centre, I go into an instant rage!!!
Fair enough, Amanda....looks like you and I are birds of the same feather!!

Old 2 October 2006, 05:24 PM   #10
amanda
Banned

JJ I'll happily walk 1km to avoid having some moron bang their door into my car!
Old 2 October 2006, 05:31 PM   #11
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
JJ I'll happily walk 1km to avoid having some moron bang their door into my car!
Amanda,

I'll happily walk 1 Km. with you to avoid any damn thing banging into you!!!

Old 2 October 2006, 06:42 PM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Very good article Rodger reminds me I lost a SD on the north plateau of the Elphinstone reef Red sea 2000.Thankfully it was fully insured and replaced with the policy.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 07:19 PM   #13
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Amanda,

I'll happily walk 1 Km. with you to avoid any damn thing banging into you!!!
This is the beginning of JJ chasing yet another female away
Old 2 October 2006, 07:37 PM   #14
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Very good article Rodger reminds me I lost a SD on the north plateau of the Elphinstone reef Red sea 2000.Thankfully it was fully insured and replaced with the policy.
Peter, I'd go diving after that one too if that wasn't exactly the way you lost it in the first place
Old 2 October 2006, 08:07 PM   #15
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well James we surfaced just off the reef in open water and was ripped of my wrist by a kind Egyptian ripping my BC off.Before I re-leashed all the buckles,was very lucky did not loose my video camera as well.The bracelet or lug pin must have failed,but suppose they are not designed to have nearly 15 stone hanging from them.But it was gone down into Davy Jones locker now depths just off the reef go down to over 1000M.So perhaps one of the creature's of the abyss is wearing it.But had to wait almost a year before I could replace it got one in Singapore next arcade shops left of RSC.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2006, 11:02 PM   #16
s7horton
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16613LB, 126610…..
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani View Post
Gerat article, Roger....but I could NEVER even dream of seeing my bracelet reach that stage of delapidation!!
You don't hang on to a watch long enough to get to that point. You're kind of like the car salesman that drives the demo cars all the time. You're just holding your Rolex till someone else is ready to own it for it's lifetime...

sorry, couldn't resist, I don't normally take many cheap shots, but you have to agree it is pretty true...
s7horton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 October 2006, 03:40 AM   #17
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7horton View Post
You don't hang on to a watch long enough to get to that point. You're kind of like the car salesman that drives the demo cars all the time. You're just holding your Rolex till someone else is ready to own it for it's lifetime...

sorry, couldn't resist, I don't normally take many cheap shots, but you have to agree it is pretty true...
Ironically, YES!! Would you believe that in spite of being the proud owner of 17 Rollies, the ONLY one I've ever had serviced was my wife's 11 year old TT DJ when its main spring had broken in 2004.

She, of course, traded it up for her current Lady TT YM after that DJ was completely fixed and serviced.

JJ