The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX


Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 June 2019, 12:13 AM   #31
Noonan
2019 Pledge Member
 
Noonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: US
Watch: 3570.50
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Please NO! I for one have had enough!
You made your point.
This is not a TV soap opera or serial!
You'd rather he didn't try to stop/out a scammer who appears to have already ripped off members?

This thread is more relevant than the majority of threads created these days, IMO.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:18 AM   #32
GLADIATOR
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
GLADIATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Real Name: Adam
Location: Costa Blanca,
Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan View Post
You'd rather he didn't try to stop/out a scammer who appears to have already ripped off members?

This thread is more relevant than the majority of threads created these days, IMO.
I believe he has already highlighted BOTH the watches and the perpetrator!

We are here (in my opinion) to highlite/make aware fake watches and scams!
the OP has now completed that over 3 threads!
Indeed any more may make the thread boring and unreadable.

This forum is not a court. We get the point on BOTH the fake watches and the scammer - END OF STORY!

The OP is becoming boring (in my opinion)
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill
"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:20 AM   #33
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 67
It's like this..... if you already know you don't like the content.......DON'T continue to open the thread!

Unsubscribe..... take a few days off. Trying to discourage someone from doing what appears to be wildly valuable to the community seems a tad suspicious to me.
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:22 AM   #34
Noonan
2019 Pledge Member
 
Noonan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: US
Watch: 3570.50
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
The OP is becoming boring (in my opinion)
Then don't open the thread? No one is forcing you.

I find the countless threads about sport model availability boring, yet they still get made every day.
Noonan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:22 AM   #35
GLADIATOR
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
GLADIATOR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Real Name: Adam
Location: Costa Blanca,
Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Posts: 4,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJDIESEL View Post
It's like this..... if you already know tou don't like the content.......DON'T continue to open the thread!

Unsubscribe..... take a few days off. Trying to discourage someone from doing what appears to be wildly valuable to the community seems a tad suspicious to me.
Point 1 very valid

Point 2 - BOLLOX - there is no conspiracy in being bored with reading and reading and reading the same point.

Its just now wasting the reason of this forum being here.
__________________
The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. Winston Churchill
"We judge ourselves by what we feel capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done."
GLADIATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:23 AM   #36
Brew
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Brew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Real Name: Larry
Location: Finger Lakes
Watch: YM40, DJ36, OP39,
Posts: 2,391
Some folks dig Pemican, others don't.
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:24 AM   #37
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 67
.....
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:28 AM   #38
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Point 1 very valid

Point 2 - BOLLOX - there is no conspiracy in being bored with reading and reading and reading the same point.

Its just now wasting the reason of this forum being here.
Point 2 can be totally avoided by following the rule in point #1.


You shouldn't be "bored" by something that is easily avoidable.

Bye now.
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:46 AM   #39
77T
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 29,105
Ex-Harlequins Winger Jonas Mikalcius - £135'650 Fraud and His False Identities

I understand Adamís thoughts. And the interest of others in new updates.

As long as an update provides new value, it isnít monotonous.

Like more ďtellsĒ on the fake watches.
Or new online monikers of the scammer.

But if it is just further titivating the scammer, then we devalue the purpose of WatchOut section.

Letís not circle around and point our elbows inward folks - no upstanding TRF member is the enemy. The RWI group locked all the threads on this topic and there are links from there to this thread on TRF. Not the kind of linking I like to see because new ďtellsĒ just help the RWI members sharpen their skills in making better fakes.

We all have opinions and it appears the consensus is a desire for new knowledge with value, donít you think?

Most of them over at RWI thought the 116610 was real when it was posted there. The OP proved it was fake here by a detailed analysis of the crown shape. So, yes, I learned a new (to me) tell.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:52 AM   #40
SKMGN0
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: X
Posts: 48
And another update.


More information has come to light, Jonas Mikalcius didn’t only list his fake 5514 on the Rolex forum marketplace, he had also listed it on chrono24, though the listing cannot be found now.


Jonas Mikalcius had also approached Calibre-Co.com ran by Christy Davis and Ross Crane and had them list his fake 5514 Comex Submariner that he knew was fake.


I’ve contacted Calibre Co and asked them about the Comex 5514 listing and they’ve confirmed that it was previously listed and subsequently delisted by them.




The link to the now delisted listing of Jonas Mikalcius fake 5514 Comex Submariner listed on Calibre-Co.com.




An excerpt from Calibre-Co.com’s about page, with that kind of guarantee, we can assume Calibre Co inspects the watches they advertise personally.



Here’s an old Instagram post from @CalibreCo:




https://www.instagram.com/p/BpmnnVin0Q-/



How do we know that if that 5514 in the photo taken by Calibre Co for the listing is the same the same fake Comex 5514 Submariner Jonas was trying to sell?


Well let’s compare it to Jonas’ listing photos:





Same marks, scratches, and dings. Again, it’s the same watch. Calibre Co is just one of the many victims Jonas Mikalcius had attempted to defraud and has defrauded.




Now, remember this verifiable link I’ve uncovered that linked the Comex5514_ identity to Jonas Mikalcius and posted on part 2:




Here’s one poster’s reply to that post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
I wasn’t going to respond any more to these threads. I am going to though just to set the record straight.

What I take umbrage at is the depth the OP went to, to ‘expose’ the name and incredibly personal details of the alleged scammer, based on what appears to be hearsay and amateur google detective work.

What evidence have we seen so far that the person named is in fact the scammer? Concrete evidence, not a ‘source’ that has so far remained anonymous. And not just because the OP says so.

From the evidence you’ve seen can you say with 100% certainty that the person named is absolutely without a doubt the seller of the watches? No, you can’t. That’s where my problem lies.

It seems like antrolex here clearly missed the actual verifiable evidence that had already been posted in part 2 prior to his post. Just in case anyone else still have remaining doubts, I’m going to post further proof that was sent to me after this my write up was published last night.






I finally reached RolexComexDatabase, this is the Instagram page Jonas Mikalcius contacted using his personal Instagram account.





RolexComexDatabase has given me a minimally-redacted transcript of his conversation with Jonas Mikalcius, wherein Jonas Mikalcius had offered his fake 5514 Comex Submariner to him. Their conversation began on 1 November 2018. The transcripts are posted in the order the messages came in.



Here’s Jonas Mikalcius first contact with @RolexComexDatabase:







We see @RolexComexDatabase clarifying that he’s not a buyer, and him offering to post Jonas Mikalcius’ fake 5514 on his Instagram page.









We see @RolexComexDatabase identifying Jonas Mikalcius as a professional rugby player. Which Jonas Mikalcius himself confirms, Jonas also takes up @RolexComexDatabase on his offer and asks him to post photos of his fake 5514 here:










Here’s all the photos Jonas Mikalcius sent to @RolexComexDatabase to repost:





As you can see, it’s the exact same photos of the fake 5514 Submariner Jonas Mikalcius posted under the Comex5514_ alias on the Rolex forum marketplace:







This again just truly proves that Jonas Mikalcius is the real identity behind Comex5514_.






But there’s more to this. Let’s see what else transpired between @RolexComexDatabase and Jonas Mikalcius.






Jonas Mikalcius provides the amount he’s asking for the watch - £60’000 and the serial number “5041500”. @RolexComexDatabase then publishes his post tagging @jonasmikalcius.





And here, Jonas Mikalcius comes up with a fictitious backstory for the fake Comex 5515, it’s his granddad’s dive watch! But @RolexComexDatabase Instagram followers correctly identify Jonas’ watch as a fake...






Suddenly, Jonas Mikalcius is worried about having this fake 5514 Submariner linked to him.


At the time, Jonas Mikalcius wasn’t exposed as a fraudster yet so @RolexComexDatabase believed the possibility that Jonas Mikalcius may be innocent and gave him this advice:








Interestingly, here Jonas says “I don’t know where that person obtained it.” What happened to granddad, Jonas?

Jonas appears increasingly worried about this watch being linked back to him.

And he gives another denial saying “I am no Rolex expert and only wanted to shed some light into this watch.”


Hmm, I thought you wanted to sell it for £60’000, Jonas? And that if it doesn't get sold on @RolexComexDatabase’s page, you’ll go to Phillips as you were “offered” to by one of their dealers as you so mentioned.


Another interesting point about Jonas’ denial is how similar it is to the denial he posted under the Comex5514_ alias when his fake 1665 he was trying to sell got exposed:



Everything he’s said in that post is a lie, it was proven in part 1 that he commissioned the reshaping of his fake 1665 on a replica forum and that he had absolute knowledge of the nature of the fake watch he was caught trying to sell.





Back to the Instagram conversation.






Jonas Mikalcius is really worried about this Instagram post tagging him. And if you were in his place, you would too as it highly incriminates you. This is where Jonas starts to turn on RolexComexDatabase. We even see Jonas putting blame on @RolexComexDatabase for not spotting his fake watch - just like another denial Jonas Mikalcius posted under the Comex5514_ alias when his other fake 1665 got exposed:





Putting the blame on others and claiming to not be an expert as an excuse seems to be a habit of Jonas Mikalcius.





Even though @RolexComexDatabase had already removed his name from the Instagram post, Jonas Mikalcius really wants the post taken down.

You can sense the desperation of Jonas here, he really wants that post gone.




Here we have @RolexComexDatabase pointing out that his fake 5514 is still listed on Calibre-Co.com. That is where the conversation about the Instagram post between him and Jonas Mikalcius ended...







Until he messaged @RolexComexDatabase with this yesterday:




Now we know why Jonas was so worried about that Instagram post.






Jonas Mikalcius is quite the revisionist, let's dissect his comments:




Quote:
You might remember me once for trying to verify my comes which turned out to be fake? I asked you to put it on your instagram so we can see it’s authenticity.

No, Jonas Mikalcius, your first message was asking @RolexComexDatabase if he buys vintage Rolex watches. There's had been zero talk about authenticity until RolexComexDatabase's followers pointed out that your watch is fake. The transcripts I posted above are all in the order they came in.

@RolexComexDatabase told you he doesn’t buy watches but offered to post photos of your fake 5514, which you, Jonas, asked him to and told him it’s for sale for £60k and asked him if he “could upload asap”.


Quote:
Just that I put comes without knowing it’s authenticity on your page does not mean I am scamming anyone correct?
Jonas, it’s pretty cute that you’re trying to get @RolexComexDatabase to corroborate your lies for you. Again, you weren’t trying to authenticate your fake Comex 5514 that you knew beforehand was fake. You were trying to sell it to him initially and had him advertise it on his Instagram page.



How do we know Jonas knew beforehand that the 5514 was fake? Well, let’s go back to Jonas Mikalcius' replica forum account - Mika00.





Remember tripdog? He’s the same guy that Jonas commissioned to reshape his now exposed fake 1665, and in that post we see Jonas under the alias of Mika00 claiming tripdog did great work on his fake 5514. We also see Jonas Mikalcius planning the fake 1665 DRSD, the very same fake 1665 which Jonas Mikalcius ended up listing on February 2019, and on April 2019, knowingly misrepresenting it as a genuine 1665.



Here we see tripdog showing a parcel addressed to Jonas Mikalcius, shipping back a case he reshaped for Jonas. Note that tripdog redacted the photo.



Just because you took down the listings of your fake Comex 5514 Submariner on November 2018 doesn’t mean you’re a saint, Jonas. Prior to this, on August 2018 you successfully sold two fake Submariners you both knowingly misrespresented as genuine pieces. And then you came back on February 2019 to scam again, all the way to the beginning of June 2019 with the fake 1665 Double Red Sea-Dweller.


And if I didn't spot him, this whole rabbit hole wouldn't have been discovered, more collectors would've been scammed, and Jonas Mikalcius would continue defrauding people. I believe I've posted enough conclusive evidence, whether or not you want to believe Jonas Mikalcius' denials is completely up to you.




SKMGN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 12:58 AM   #41
77T
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 29,105
Thanks - and have a request of you in the spirit of communication - not a rant...

Could you put the list of aliases the scammer uses on the various sales listings In one short post? We know about the ID that he used on TRF is banned but all the others may be active on Chrono24 and other places.

While your detail is excellent, its value is somewhat diluted because it requires reading dozens of pages to forewarn members here. The potential future victims are not as knowledgeable and their eyes would glaze over.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:04 AM   #42
rootbeer7
2019 Pledge Member
 
rootbeer7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: london
Posts: 3,393
Such great reading. Truthfully, if I was going to buy a piece like this, I would only purchase from one of the big names.
__________________
@imrootbeer7
rootbeer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:05 AM   #43
rolexinfl
"TRF" Member
 
rolexinfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: FL
Posts: 591
Great work.

I'm sure some naysayers will come in here to say they 'dont like' your vendetta. Very ignorant of them.
rolexinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:11 AM   #44
TheDude
"TRF" Member
 
TheDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: DC Area, USA
Watch: IIc,1680 Red,16660
Posts: 3,883
Ex-Harlequins Winger Jonas Mikalcius - £135'650 Fraud and His False Identities

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
This is not correct. The US and the UK differ significantly when it comes to defamation. The burden of proof is completely flipped. The UK was (and may still be but I think the laws were tightened somewhat recently) ripe with libel tourism where people with no connection to the UK would sue there as it was much easier to prevail there. Nothing like the David Irving trial would happen in The US.


I meant similar in the sense of how public figures are treated, which would certainly apply in this case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:12 AM   #45
CorradoBrit
"TRF" Member
 
CorradoBrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TX
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexinfl View Post
great work.

I'm sure some naysayers will come in here to say they 'dont like' your vendetta. Very ignorant of them.
+1

As the saying goes, idle hands are the devils workshop. Clearly Jonas had way too much free time during his extended convalescence.
CorradoBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:23 AM   #46
Zakalwe
2019 DEEPSEA Pledge Member
 
Zakalwe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Real Name: Sal
Location: London
Posts: 1,579
Small point of order, which will be irrelevant to just about everybody, but I'm a pedant.

I follow Rugby. I'd never heard of this guy. Harlequins are a major Rugby Union team here, though club Rugby Union is in itself a pretty niche sport and the only Rugby players who are even vaguely known to the public are those that play for England. Even then I'd bet that maybe 1 out of 5 of my compatriots could pick England captain Owen Farrell out of a line up at best.

As far as I can tell, the alleged scammer never played for Harlequins' first team, but for the under-20's and the sevens side. He's as much of a "Rugby star" as the reserve punter of an average high school Football team is an "American Football Star".

That part at the very least is being sensationalised by the OP. For what purpose, I care not a jot.
__________________
"Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
Zakalwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:26 AM   #47
SMD
2019 Pledge Member
 
SMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Real Name: SMD
Location: LGA/EWR/ORD
Watch: AP/PP
Posts: 2,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
I meant similar in the sense of how public figures are treated, which would certainly apply in this case.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what I am saying is public figures are much, much better off under the laws of the UK than the US. Itís not even close. The David Irving fiasco could never happen in the US.
SMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 01:41 AM   #48
erhein
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Real Name: Ed
Location: Arizona
Watch: Rolex, JLC
Posts: 253
This latest post is excellent; it ties a lot of the history together in a way that is very easy to follow.
erhein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:36 AM   #49
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member
 
antrolexsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMGN0 View Post
It seems like antrolex here clearly missed the actual verifiable evidence that had already been posted in part 2 prior to his post. Just in case anyone else still have remaining doubts, I’m going to post further proof that was sent to me after this my write up was published last night.
.
I didn’t miss it at all.

What threw me was the second alias, Daniel Williams, who is/was a professional premiership footballer. I thought it entirely possible that someone was using the alias’ of semi famous athletes to give their high value watches some sort of credibility. What you had previously posted wasn’t hard evidence. What you’ve posted since, in my opinion, is. I also wasn’t a fan of how this was played out, like some sort of entertainment, when it shouldn’t be. What I can’t deny is the effort that you’ve put in to this, and that deserves credit. I’m glad that the person named wasn’t an innocent party.

If all this evidence had been posted all together my views would have been entirely different. What you’ve posted since is damning, there is no plausible deniability. I just couldn’t believe someone would be so stupid as to use their own name to scam people for hundreds of thousand of pounds, being a semi high profile figure and all.
antrolexsub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 02:57 AM   #50
SKMGN0
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: X
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by antrolexsub View Post
I didn’t miss it at all.

What you had previously posted wasn’t hard evidence. What you’ve posted since, in my opinion, is. I also wasn’t a fan of how this was played out, like some sort of entertainment, when it shouldn’t be.

If all this evidence had been posted all together my views would have been entirely different. What you’ve posted since is damning, there is no plausible deniability. I just couldn’t believe someone would be so stupid as to use their own name to scam people for hundreds of thousand of pounds, being a semi high profile figure and all.

And how exactly is a third-party tagging Jonas Mikalcius own personal Instagram account and claiming Jonas the rugby player contacted him not hard evidence? A person was literally saying they've been contacted by Jonas Mikalcius. That was the available evidence then when you dismissed it as "hearsay".


If this looks like entertainment to some, that is not my fault nor was it my intention to make it seem like one. I had puzzle pieces but I had to verify them, people have different lives and they don't obviously reply the same minute you ask them a question which is why this transpired over a couple of days. I posted everything I had after I verified it, then as more new information came, I verified them again and then again posted them as an update.


This guy is stupid in the sense that he thought he wouldn't get caught. Again, the biggest "mistake" he made is the one I posted on part 2, the same evidence you called hearsay. He contacted RolexComexDatabase who tagged his personal account with the caption saying "I've been contacted by professional 7 rugby player @jonasmikalcius..."


If it weren't for that, all we'd know is there's a forum user called Comex5514_ and nothing more. He thought he had his aliases compartmentalised, he wasn't selling under Comex5514_ as Jonas Mikalcius. He sold under the alias Daniel Williams. And on the replica forum he went as Mika00. If he wasn't put under the loupe he would've gotten away with his fraud. It took this research to find the real identity behind Comex5514_.
SKMGN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:43 AM   #51
RidingDonkeys
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Paso Robles, CA
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Please NO! I for one have had enough!
You made your point.
This is not a TV soap opera or serial!
Yet here you are, still reading this thread.

RidingDonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:52 AM   #52
05carbondrz
2019 Pledge Member
 
05carbondrz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
I believe he has already highlighted BOTH the watches and the perpetrator!

We are here (in my opinion) to highlite/make aware fake watches and scams!
the OP has now completed that over 3 threads!
Indeed any more may make the thread boring and unreadable.

This forum is not a court. We get the point on BOTH the fake watches and the scammer - END OF STORY!

The OP is becoming boring (in my opinion)
Then donít click this Thread anymore,Simple.
05carbondrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:04 AM   #53
wesdaniel
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Real Name: Wes
Location: San Diego
Watch: Many
Posts: 408
I guess that, after reading all of this, my head is still reeling at the fact that there are fake forums that go into these levels of detail. It's astounding to me.
wesdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:09 AM   #54
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 67
Me too, I didn't want to look/sound foolish for not even knowing they exist.
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:11 AM   #55
77T
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 29,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdaniel View Post
I guess that, after reading all of this, my head is still reeling at the fact that there are fake forums that go into these levels of detail. It's astounding to me.


Right after the world's oldest profession, the second oldest profession was ďfakiní itĒ.

The forums are real, itís the watches that are fake. Some are more open than others.

They vet the fakirs workmanship, technical aspects and appearance compared to genuine exemplars.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:13 AM   #56
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member
 
thesharkfactor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Online
Watch: Submariner's
Posts: 1,500
every scam story needs to include a Grandad/Grandfather and this one is no different, I nearly spat my coffee all over the screen when I read that. First he inhertited it from his Grandfather then he bought it himself from a local watchmaker..

Looking at it, the crown guards were/are a dead giveaway the watch was fake..no wonder it was easily spotted.
__________________
Proud to be not using silly nicknames for luxury watches.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:15 AM   #57
77T
2019 GMT CHNR Pledge Member
 
77T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Real Name: PaulG
Location: Georgia
Posts: 29,105
Ex-Harlequins Winger Jonas Mikalcius - £135'650 Fraud and His False Identities

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post


Looking at it, the crown guards were/are a dead giveaway the watch was fake..no wonder it was easily spotted.


Which of the 4 different fake watches were you meaning?

The 1665 DRSD sat here on TRF through 4000+ views with nary a whimper until the OP posted about it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
__________________


Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 05:01 AM   #58
bondtoys
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Germany
Watch: 16750
Posts: 2,021
Op, excellent research and thanks for researching everything!

As for Gladiator, don‘t listen to him, he can‘t even spot a goldplated Daytona fake and then just vanishes.....
bondtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 05:07 AM   #59
PJDIESEL
"TRF" Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 67
I think there are probably still Members here who do fully understand that OJ......



actually DID IT!
PJDIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 05:10 AM   #60
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member
 
antrolexsub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Earth
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKMGN0 View Post
And how exactly is a third-party tagging Jonas Mikalcius own personal Instagram account and claiming Jonas the rugby player contacted him not hard evidence? A person was literally saying they've been contacted by Jonas Mikalcius. That was the available evidence then when you dismissed it as "hearsay".


If this looks like entertainment to some, that is not my fault nor was it my intention to make it seem like one. I had puzzle pieces but I had to verify them, people have different lives and they don't obviously reply the same minute you ask them a question which is why this transpired over a couple of days. I posted everything I had after I verified it, then as more new information came, I verified them again and then again posted them as an update.


This guy is stupid in the sense that he thought he wouldn't get caught. Again, the biggest "mistake" he made is the one I posted on part 2, the same evidence you called hearsay. He contacted RolexComexDatabase who tagged his personal account with the caption saying "I've been contacted by professional 7 rugby player @jonasmikalcius..."


If it weren't for that, all we'd know is there's a forum user called Comex5514_ and nothing more. He thought he had his aliases compartmentalised, he wasn't selling under Comex5514_ as Jonas Mikalcius. He sold under the alias Daniel Williams. And on the replica forum he went as Mika00. If he wasn't put under the loupe he would've gotten away with his fraud. It took this research to find the real identity behind Comex5514_.
He wasn’t tagged though was he?

All you’d shown at the time was his name mentioned on the Screenshot but it isn’t tagged with @. Theres a big difference. There was no tie or tag to Jonas’ official account. So no, that wasn’t hard evidence.

Anybody could have said ‘Hi it’s Jonas Mikalcius, I’m selling a 5514’. As I’ve mentioned, his other alias was a top flight footballer, so forgive me for being sceptical that the idiot actually used his real name in the scams.

I’m not posting anymore on the subject. You’ve proven it wasn’t a stolen identity. Case closed.
antrolexsub is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Banners Of The Month


*Banner Of The Month*
This space is provided to horological resources.





Copyright ©2004-2019, The Rolex Forums. All Rights Reserved.

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Rolex is a registered trademark of ROLEX USA. The Rolex Forums is not affiliated with ROLEX USA in any way.