The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 30 August 2021, 07:19 AM   #121
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
Quote:
Originally Posted by zion_rasta View Post
Panerai is not a fashion brand, not even close. And that Perez idiot keeps bashing panerai to call attention to his vintage Rolex business. I hope Richmond sinks this guy for good.
Agreed. We all know that what defines a “fashion brand” is its disposable nature. Even with the movement “controversy” that has so many panties knotted there is nothing disposable about a Panerai.
Kevin of Larchmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2021, 07:21 AM   #122
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zion_rasta View Post
Panerai is not a fashion brand, not even close. And that Perez idiot keeps bashing panerai to call attention to his vintage Rolex business. I hope Richmond sinks this guy for good.
I look forward to Panerai giving details during the court hearing. Will be interesting seeing their case material.

I think all everyone really wants is better transparency from Panerai. If they're using ETA, Sellita, or some other base movement, fine tell us. When Panerai makes a change to a movement, show us the changes and why it's 'better' or 'improved' or an 'evolution for the better. Buyers can decide.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 August 2021, 05:24 PM   #123
rootbeer7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
I look forward to Panerai giving details during the court hearing. Will be interesting seeing their case material.

I think all everyone really wants is better transparency from Panerai. If they're using ETA, Sellita, or some other base movement, fine tell us. When Panerai makes a change to a movement, show us the changes and why it's 'better' or 'improved' or an 'evolution for the better. Buyers can decide.
Correct. Many other brands are just as guilty, but perhaps don’t have the loyal and vocal fans that Panerai have. As I said elsewhere at the price of some of their collection, honesty is the least I’d expect. As they say don’t blame the messenger!
Old 30 August 2021, 06:30 PM   #124
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
I think Panerai has become a fashion brand. Relatively expensive one albeit. But again who cares. When buying a panerai what are you expecting? Hand engraved bridges, anglage free of CNC machining? Let's all be real about that. Swatch Group took away the ETA movement to help consolidate the industry. So people did come up with "in-house" work horse movements....how much better were they than the ETA ebauches from earlier? I think we are all big boys/gals and we should all understand that we are buying into a brand. When they are flying the same movement between a Baume and Mericer, Cartier, Panerai, Vacheron 56 or when Swatch Group is shuffling the same movement between Rado, Longines and Omega........let us not bu naïve about what we should really expect. TRANSPARENCY should be there, but then again let us be realistic about that too. Is the regulator of the swiss watch federation going to slap them with a huge fine like the SEC for deceiving customers? LOLLLLLLLLLLL can we get together and have a class-action lawsuit?
Old 2 September 2021, 01:43 AM   #125
onnomon
"TRF" Member

From Panerai I would expect a watch labeled "Limited Edition" to mean "X units for Y years" unless they advertise the total number of units produced. This is not unlike the Omega Snoopy 50th Speedmaster run. I am guessing the majority Panerai customers aren't into the movement specifics and that "in-house" is used by salesman to talk up the brand. Because of that customer there will be vagarities in their marketing language such that people who follow and study this stuff will take offence, us.
I got my PAM 190 because of the movement- I can get my Panerai and JLC (1877) in the same package. The movement is structurally beautiful and performs like a champ. I have had a number of PAMs and this one has survived the cull.
onnomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 07:40 AM   #126
mfer
"TRF" Member

My question....why is anyone here still surprised by this...
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 08:21 AM   #127
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Mik!!!!!

Finally something good comes of this thread. Mfer comes out of the woodwork to say hi.

Hope all is well.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 10:18 AM   #128
mfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Mik!!!!!

Finally something good comes of this thread. Mfer comes out of the woodwork to say hi.

Hope all is well.
touché
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 11:13 AM   #129
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfer View Post
Quite a good point.

Come to think of it, an ETA movement is better because you know an independent can get parts years from now. So reasonable repair costs could be a big advantage over non-warranty 'in-house' movements.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2021, 11:14 AM   #130
Paneristi_111
Banned

Watch: PAM 960 PAM 320
Exactly, ETA you can have the watch being service anywhere and reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paneristi_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2021, 03:02 AM   #131
r00t
"TRF" Member

Pam of worms, not in-house, last adjusted 16 of july
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 016F680B-9FC8-40A5-BE6B-A68B63F99957.jpeg (67.8 KB, 145 views)
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote