The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 January 2019, 02:26 AM   #61
SearChart
TechXpert

I don't like the new proportions of the Royal Oak, and the 11.59 is a bit odd... Not impressed with the new releases.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 02:28 AM   #62
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
I'm with you on the ROC. It's out.
But what about this 42mm ROOC (blue dial/grey sub dials). It's the same closed case back as the ROC b/c it houses the F.Piguet movement, but has a titanium case.
I found out it will NOT be a limited edition piece, so despite having some unique attributes c/w other ROOC's (ie the F.P movement instead of the 3126, along with no Arabic numerals and a dial layout more like a ROC) , it will probably take a hit on the second hand market.

But in terms of dials, it's far and away my favorite dial. If the ghost had come in a blue/grey pattern, it would have been my clear #1 choice.
Blue-grey would be amazing! I believe Tyler mentioned having the ability to customize the offshore which I think would be a home run for them and certainly for all of us. The black themes was perfect in my opinion as far as color combo is concerned and I dream daily they bring it back with ceramic. I know, I know it's just a dream but it would be nice!
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 03:21 AM   #63
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmd View Post
Post some pics John.

I'm going back and forth between the ghost and the new 42mm blue dial/FP movement as my first ROO.

I can't wear a 44mm, or else I would have better options.

My apologies Bruin, I just saw your reply. Here you go..

To give you a quick back story.. I bought both the vampire and ghost at the same time. My CEO decided he wanted the ghost instead so I let him take that one and I no longer have it. It is much lighter as you can see and the contrast is beautiful. Here is a photo of it on his wrist that he provided. I returned the vampire as it was too top heavy IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0604.jpg (214.8 KB, 177 views)
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2019, 08:28 PM   #64
dwatcher
Banned

Watch: Luxury Watches
I think the new 38mm is very similar to what already existed in the past, the 25860st 39mm with exactly the same movement and currently probably cheaper than this new one. I think it's cool they are putting the chrono movement on this case size again.

I do think AP is on fire, but in a different sense because of that new "code"
dwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote