The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 23 May 2007, 02:54 PM   #31
amanda
Banned

It'd be nice if people could just read a post they may not appreciate and say 'yeh whatever' ignore it and just move right along.....

Is this absolutely necessary kingblackbolt? Your post is designed to aggravate President into responding to you. Please be the bigger man and ignore President... actually everyone should ignore him, maybe he'll go away.

Lately I've recieved lots of emails reiterating how tiresome TRF is becoming because of the childish behaviour by some members on this forum... I'd have to agree. As much as I'm trying to get over my altercation with a member of this forum some weeks go, its hard to hang around here when OTHER people are always poke poke poking at one another this used to be a great place... as I said if you dont share an opinion or find someone's comments offensive then ignore them and go read another thread... just because this is the Internet and mostly anonymous it doesnt give everyone the right to put each other down and be smartasses.

The only reason I started this thread was for my friend Launch Mini afterall TRF is where I first met him and the few people that appreciate my presence on this site
amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 03:06 PM   #32
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post
It'd be nice if people could just read a post they may not appreciate and say 'yeh whatever' ignore it and just move right along.....

Is this absolutely necessary kingblackbolt? Your post is designed to aggravate President into responding to you. Please be the bigger man and ignore President... actually everyone should ignore him, maybe he'll go away.

Lately I've recieved lots of emails reiterating how tiresome TRF is becoming because of the childish behaviour by some members on this forum... I'd have to agree. As much as I'm trying to get over my altercation with a member of this forum some weeks go, its hard to hang around here when OTHER people are always poke poke poking at one another this used to be a great place... as I said if you dont share an opinion or find someone's comments offensive then ignore them and go read another thread... just because this is the Internet and mostly anonymous it doesnt give everyone the right to put each other down and be smartasses.

The only reason I started this thread was for my friend Launch Mini afterall TRF is where I first met him and the few people that appreciate my presence on this site

Amanda,
I was just kidding with Prezzie I'm not trying to aggravate anyone (is that even possible with him?) I am just trying to give him the gears as we always do here on TRF. I love this place and I'm not now nor am I ever trying to instigate a fight or anything along those lines... I myself bought my Sub from John as well and I'm a big fan of his just like you... it was just a dumb joke and nothing more... no hame no foul, if I have offended you then please by all means remove my message mods and I will move along... I hope you don't take this as a reason to stop posting as that would be a shame for all of us!

“Hail to the king, baby" Ash (Army of Darkness 1992)
kingblackbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 03:18 PM   #33
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda View Post

Are you saying that you are suprised that a thread was hijacked or attempted to be hijacked on TRF? That has been going on since day one here, when there were only 20 of us posting and busting chops.

While I agree with your sentiment on hoping to encourage ignoring ignorance, this place was built on free flowing exchanges that are sometimes on topic.

I understand that certain things or people can be annoying on a forum, but this place is what it is and will always remain that. We are not the purists or TZ or insert forum here. We are a laid back, friendly (for the most part), intelligent (for the most part) and mature (almost all here) group that enjoy watches, but people more.

I know what you are talking about in the past, but if you don't think you have friends here, as witnessed by posts in this very thread appreciating your watches, you are mistaken. But if it's turning into a PITA, this place won't change, I am sorry but TRF is what it is.

BTW/ don't cave to the date function crowd, your watches have perfect balance without any clutter.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 07:24 PM   #34
President
Banned

Watch: Bear Grylls
What KBB said was funny, I don't mind at all.
President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2007, 09:52 PM   #35
Cori

Some people just can't seem to....
Very nice combo Amanda
The AK seems to have a greyish dial, very classy.
Changing from one great watch to another is really like getting a fresh breath of air, makes each piece more enjoyable in its own right.
Enjoy
Cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 12:02 AM   #36
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by President View Post
What KBB said was funny, I don't mind at all.
Thanx prezzie, lets stop this hijacking now and get back to the topic at hand... we can always go to your "Hijack this thread" post for goofing around again right?

I myself need a date (on my watch not going out on one!) I'm not sure why but I check the date at least 3 or 4 times a day... there is no logic to this at all... I know the date, I write the date down at least once or twice during the course of my work... but I need to check it for some reason? I had a Speedmaster which I really enjoyed but I honestly missed having that date function and now realize that I want it on any watch I own...

Old 24 May 2007, 12:24 PM   #37
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingblackbolt View Post
Amanda,
I was just kidding with Prezzie I'm not trying to aggravate anyone (is that even possible with him?) I am just trying to give him the gears as we always do here on TRF. I love this place and I'm not now nor am I ever trying to instigate a fight or anything along those lines... I myself bought my Sub from John as well and I'm a big fan of his just like you... it was just a dumb joke and nothing more... no hame no foul, if I have offended you then please by all means remove my message mods and I will move along... I hope you don't take this as a reason to stop posting as that would be a shame for all of us!
It's all good....
Old 24 May 2007, 12:24 PM   #38
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori View Post
Some people just can't seem to....
Very nice combo Amanda
The AK seems to have a greyish dial, very classy.
Changing from one great watch to another is really like getting a fresh breath of air, makes each piece more enjoyable in its own right.
Enjoy
Thanks Cori! Yeh the dial is a greyish shade but not silver... its quite striking....
Old 24 May 2007, 01:15 PM   #39
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
Amanda, have you notice the reflection the AK makes when the sun shines on the dial.
I used to tease the cats with the light spot on the ceiling/wall from that watch.
Would be good to flag down rescue planes , if you were ever in need of one

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2007, 05:25 PM   #40
Incurable
"TRF" Member

Watch: your P's and Q's
All I want to know is... Is that a hand puppet prop you used for your shots? It wouldn't happen to be a would it?

Rolex GMT Master II 16710 (Blk/Blk)
Rolex Explorer 114270
Sinn 356 Sa Flieger
Limes Endurance 1Tausend
Too many others...

It may seem like I'm doing nothing but, at a cellular level, I'm actually quite busy...
Incurable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 03:23 AM   #41
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Interesting combo Amanda.

(I mean the watches, not the arm stocking ;)
Tools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 04:51 AM   #42
kingblackbolt
"TRF" Member

LOL I never even noticed the arm stocking until you guys all pointed it out!

Old 25 May 2007, 04:55 AM   #43
murfice
Banned

Watch: TT BS, SD, GMT II
Walds: Have similiar collection TT blue sub, PAM 0024 and Breitling Evolution.

Thinking about selling or trading my PAM for a SS GMT or Sub
murfice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 06:35 AM   #44
ROLEX4EvEr
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Back
What size/MM is that Pam? Nice pics thanks for sharing
Old 25 May 2007, 06:52 AM   #45
Launch Mini
"TRF" Member

Watch: can I?
The PAM is a 44 mm watch ( before the crown guard)

Member # 293
Launch Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2007, 06:06 PM   #46
Cori

I don't know if I made myself clear but all as I was trying to say is that if you have 2 watches and rotate from one to the other, you do get a little more enjoyment from each watch when you make that change, and when you have 2 beautiful watches as you do Amanda, well the change from one to another, whether it be a day or a week, it can't get much better than that
Cori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2007, 03:52 PM   #47
amanda
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
Interesting combo Amanda.

(I mean the watches, not the arm stocking ;)
Ha no it's not an arm stocking! I thought someone on here would recognise what the watches are on... its a rolled up polishing cloth from Ebay!

Yeh Cori you are right - I love the switcharoo with the 2, they are both so totally different in every way.. its great fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Launch Mini
Amanda, have you notice the reflection the AK makes when the sun shines on the dial.
I used to tease the cats with the light spot on the ceiling/wall from that watch.
Would be good to flag down rescue planes , if you were ever in need of one
HA Yeh its a very 'reflective' watch.... I've made a mental note on the safety aspect of the Air-King