The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: Are you on a wait list?
Yes 158 46.33%
No 140 41.06%
Thinking about it 27 7.92%
I'll buy on the 2ndary / gray 16 4.69%
Voters: 341. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 May 2017, 02:32 AM   #1
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
How many members are wait listing for a SS DaytonaC?

Just curious and for how long have you been waiting?

Alternatively if you were on one how long did it take for you to get the call?

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 02:43 AM   #2
Louis (Toronto)
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster & SubC
I contacted my AD the morning of March 16,2016 just after the official release on Instragram shortly after 8:00am before the store opened. So I know I was one of the first to contact the AD. I want a white dial.

Sent an email and followed up with a phone call when the store opened. I had just purchased my SubC a couple of months prior so the salesperson knew me.

Followed up in Nov l 2016 - I was told I'm next for the white one. Next shipment came and was told no white one came in. Was told I'll have it soon and that 2017 was around the corner. Followed up March - she promised me she is trying to get me the next white one that comes in. Not the salespersons decision - up to the manager I'm told.

I kind of feel that if a VIP comes in they are offering them ahead of us "normal" clients. The AD doesn't take deposits even though I offered to put one down or even pay in full.

I'll go in person maybe next month to ask politely about the timing of my watch arriving. I'll ask to talk to the manager or maybe send a nice polite email to the manager. There are 10 salespeople at this AD and I think each one has their own list.

Oh well. So the game goes with the SS Daytona.
Louis (Toronto) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 02:56 AM   #3
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Text 7am that march day 2016. Crickets. I'm real bitter. Plus side - I have the black which I acquired from an AD via cold call.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 03:22 AM   #4
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
I wrote an email to my AD the morning of the release. I did not get my white dial until Feb. 14, 2017.

I have purchased nearly all of my watches from this AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18 May 2017, 03:55 AM   #5
DJRikki
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex BLNR
After striking gold with my BLNR I told my AD to stick me on both waiting lists for dial colours
Old 18 May 2017, 04:00 AM   #6
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX

Still Waiting for "The Call"

Contacted (3) Ad's the day the watch was released at Baselworld.

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:26 AM   #7
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
I'm on the list with no expectations of ever actually receiving the watch. Another local AD (not on their list) manager said something to the effect that "good customers" are on the list. To him, a good customer is someone who spends $500K+ in a year in his store (not necessarily on watches).

I don't fall into that category. :)

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:27 AM   #8
meganfox17
Banned

Confucius Says

" It is much better to want the Daytona you do not have than to have the Daytona you do not want "
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:31 AM   #9
cda555
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT IIc and PO
Quote:
Originally Posted by incontrol View Post
I wrote an email to my AD the morning of the release. I did not get my white dial until Feb. 14, 2017.

I have purchased nearly all of my watches from this AD.

assuming you have bought at least 3 pieces, I think you need a new AD.
cda555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:32 AM   #10
Rjongco
"TRF" Member

Still waiting. Told them I would take either.
Rjongco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:41 AM   #11
stylinleems
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Called once announced at Basel - was 4th on the 'list'. Deposit paid March 22, 2016 - still 4th on the list. Still waiting however, have been told that three White dials have already come in and gone to the ones ahead of me, so I'm hoping the next is mine!

But who really knows, the salesperson could be lying and saying it hasn't come in, when it has but has been sold to a VIP etc. I am going to follow up at the end of the month, as that is when their delivery happens or when they are aware which watches will be coming in.

Oh and I purchased my BLNR from this AD Sept. 2016.
stylinleems is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 04:54 AM   #12
encarter13
"TRF" Member

I am not into the Daytona and definitely not for a price that is at or above MSRP.
Old 18 May 2017, 05:26 AM   #13
taylor
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganfox17 View Post
Confucius Says

" It is much better to want the Daytona you do not have than to have the Daytona you do not want "
^
taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 05:32 AM   #14
schnitzerphilip
Banned

Watch: Daytona C 116500LN
Joined my AD's waitlist the day after release in March of 2016. Was assigned #69.

Called a year later, he acted like I was annoying him, and found out I moved up to #58 and that my wait should be around 5 years.

Hung up the phone and called a local grey market seller I discovered through the forums, went to the bank for cash, had my Daytona on my wrist within 24 hours of making the call. It cost me $3,500 over MSRP or the equivalent of an old Datejust I had in the back of the drawer that I never wore and sold a day later.

I'm still on the waitlist. On some random day in 2022 when I get the call from that smirky pompous polyester-suit wearing AD I will have the joy of telling his smug ass to go (you get the idea).

Advice: The $3,500 delta between grey market and AD is not overly painful for anyone who can afford a Daytona. There is no reason to wait. It's time we view the MSRP as the special "insiders club" price and $17,000 as the current fair market value and that's that.
schnitzerphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 05:43 AM   #15
hugs
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and Tudor
It would be intetesting if there were separate subcategories "yes - eagerly waiting" and "yes put my name on the list casually". I am in the latter group and would purchase if I got the call knowing if I dislike it it would not be an expensive mistake (rather a profitable one!) but not too bothered either way.
hugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 08:42 AM   #16
incontrol
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
assuming you have bought at least 3 pieces, I think you need a new AD.

You may be right, I have bought at least 10 from them, including Patek watches.

Old 18 May 2017, 08:58 AM   #17
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Contacted my AD immediately. My turn came around November. I've bought about a half dozen watches from my AD.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 08:59 AM   #18
Maxy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I didn't care for the Daytona ceramic; was interested in non-ceramic version, so never asked my AD to put me on a list. Still couple of months back I was at my AD and asked how's the wait list for Daytona. He went inside grabbed a list and showed me and said 2 years minimum now. He casually asked me, should I put your name? I said go ahead.. 2 years is long time and let's see what happens till then. So I'm officially on the list but I'm still in 2 minds between Daytona ceramic and non-ceramic versions.
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:05 AM   #19
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Called the same morning, had the watch in early July 2016 after being skipped over by some vips. Was told in June I could have black but I waited. This was from the Wynn in Vegas.
sensui is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:06 AM   #20
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Passed on the black dial last summer. Just not my cup of tea. Let the flaming begin
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:11 AM   #21
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Passed on the black dial last summer. Just not my cup of tea. Let the flaming begin
Not me why spend 13k on a watch you don't like.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:21 AM   #22
rpl77
"TRF" Member

Watch: DaytonaC, 16710B

I live in a small town so I'd frequent the local, family owned AD and try on various watches. The owner is also the salesman. I'm definitely not a VIP as I don't have a purchase history with them but I asked to get on the list late March of this year. At this point he said he had a dozen people or so but they were all from out of town. I was told that he'd call me when he got one in stock.

Three weeks ago, I stopped by the AD but still no DaytonaC. He assured me that I'm next. While I was there I tried on a DJ2 and fell in love with it so I bought it. Two weeks later, I got the call that a white dial came in. I bought it immediately.

Definitely helps to establish a relationship with the AD especially in a small town if you can swing it.

rpl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:23 AM   #23
Maxy
"TRF" Member

^^ Good example and it pays to help to support you local small town AD and having a relationship!!
Maxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:24 AM   #24
jazznpool
"TRF" Member

I'm on a wait list at 4 ADs. I have little to no chance at 3 of them. The good news is I already have two new Rolex watches that I prefer. The SS Daytona C is not a must for me. In fact, if it takes years for one to be available from an AD, there's a possibility I will have lost all interest.
jazznpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 09:25 AM   #25
s14roller
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpl77 View Post
I live in a small town so I'd frequent the local, family owned AD and try on various watches. The owner is also the salesman. I'm definitely not a VIP as I don't have a purchase history with them but I asked to get on the list late March of this year. At this point he said he had a dozen people or so but they were all from out of town. I was told that he'd call me when he got one in stock.

Three weeks ago, I stopped by the AD but still no DaytonaC. He assured me that I'm next. While I was there I tried on a DJ2 and fell in love with it so I bought it. Two weeks later, I got the call that a white dial came in. I bought it immediately.

Definitely helps to establish a relationship with the AD especially in a small town if you can swing it.

Great pic!
s14roller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 12:28 PM   #26
MCO1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C white
I went on the wait list March 14th 2017 so two months. I was 3 at the time and one has come in so that puts me at 2. I checked in recently and was told they were getting them about every 4 months which puts my turn Decemberish but I will get it when I get it.

I am known to this AD but the last one I bought from them was 25 years ago. I was asked for 10% and on the list I went. They know I am getting it to wear.
MCO1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 12:39 PM   #27
Seaswirl
"TRF" Member

Called the two ADs I've purchased from in the past the day after Basel. I've been offered the black, but I've decided to hold out for the white. Have to admit, it's been a fairly irritating process.
Seaswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 12:42 PM   #28
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

I got on the list in August with a local AD that I had never seen until two days prior. Had to give a 50% deposit by check. Stopped in about once a month since, but after spending too much time here and getting too wound up, ended up getting a slightly used pt one. They know and are ok with it, and we just stopped in for a little jewelry business last week (resetting an old engagement diamond). They are still saying by mid-year. We will see.

I think the SS Daytona is a really beautiful, great watch for the money. It's by no means inexpensive, but it is a beauty no matter what some naysayers here say about it being the same old same old with a different bezel. Well worth the wait, IMO, even though I didn't end up waiting.
Old 18 May 2017, 01:00 PM   #29
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
I've been on the waiting list for 10 months, I doubt I'll get mine within the next 5 years. I may just end up buying a used one once they hit around $14.5k
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2017, 01:14 PM   #30
brucethemanlee
"TRF" Member

8-9 months before I got my white....

Still waiting for black version too.... hoping by this summer?
brucethemanlee is offline   Reply With Quote