The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 20 February 2010, 11:40 PM   #1
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Capetown Diamonds (GA)

Anyone purchased a watch from them recently? I've seen mixed reviews about these guys. Seems they have a pretty good selection and lifetime warranty.

Appreciate it.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2010, 11:53 PM   #2
Watchnut1
"TRF" Member

Capetown referral

I've purchased 6 rolexes from them over the years. Never had a problem, and the watches always look new. I should add that I've only bought preowned from them. Jonathan is the owner's son, and he goes the extra mile. Ivan is also very good to work with. You'll be be very pleased with their offerings, and their service. Good luck.
Watchnut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 12:08 AM   #3
kc8290
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ,YM,GMT II
I purchased my first rolex (preowned DJ) from them several years ago. It was a good buying experince. I think I worked with Jonathan. I no longer live in ATL but plan to stop by their new location the next time I'm in town.
kc8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 12:20 AM   #4
redsrover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTMaster II
I've bought and sold a dozen Rolexes with Capetown. 100% vouch for them and their products/service/value. In fact, I'm threatening to go up there and get a black dialed Explorer II sometime soon.
Old 21 February 2010, 12:34 AM   #5
BLSampson
"TRF" Member

Watch: TT Blue Submariner
I have bought from them. They are very professional and strive to exceed your expectations.
Old 21 February 2010, 03:17 AM   #6
Step Down
"TRF" Member

I have bought a few (pre-owned) watches from them and most recently a YACHT-MASTER mid size for my wife. I also have had excellent service and all the watchs were as described. Johnathan even held a couple for me for a week to let me decide which I wanted SS or Everose.
Step Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 03:41 AM   #7
flmprsrv
Banned

I've worked with them on a Patek, originally with Ken and now with Jonathan. Quality merchandise at fair prices. Very honest. On some new Rolex models, you'll have to decide when saving 1,500 or so is worth going the non-AD route. On used, after warranty, the question is a bit simpler. As you know, Rolex can get difficult for service if anything on the watch isn't just so, or if it didn't come through domestic channels.
flmprsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 February 2010, 04:33 AM   #8
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. I've read a handful of posts re: cracked bezels. Not to mention a suit (don't know if it remains open or resolved). Seems this guy didn't get his money and/or watch he traded-in for.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 03:28 AM   #9
khergert
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT
25 year customer

For years I worked exclusively with Capetown for my Rolex. Who remembers when they were in the Xerox Tower in Santa Ana, CA? Last service, I was sent to their partner in Orange, CA. Not so positive service experience and no corrective repair from Capetown after sending my watch to Georgia. I wouldn't let them do a dial again, and the date changes at 2:40am. When I posted my last comments about Capetown, Jonathon call me offering to fix the date change just for the charge of another overhaul. Capetown has a loyal following. Carl was a colorful and likeable gentleman. I miss dealing with him.
khergert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 03:42 AM   #10
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
They are good to go!

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 04:01 AM   #11
jmsrolls
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLSampson View Post
I have bought from them. They are very professional and strive to exceed your expectations.
Is there more than one Capetown in Roswell?

It doesn't sound like the one I visited. I'll never go back.

Fr. John†
jmsrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2010, 07:20 AM   #12
redsrover
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMTMaster II
I'll say it again...Capetown is terrific to deal with and their people make the difference. I've been dealing with them since 1996 when they were in the office tower (forget the name) behind the old Hotel Nikko in Buckhead. I've dealt with all the Marcuses and they know their stuff. I've always been treated fairly and with courtesy.

One bit of advice here. If you are planing a visit, call ahead to let them know to expect you. I found they are so busy sometimes that walk-ins catch them off-guard and likely unable to get inventory out and put back as you make requests. They keep most of their watches in the vault and fetch what you want by request. So it pays to know what you want to see before you get there.

I bought my COSC 14060m there two weeks ago, and it was a pleasure and a great value in my opinion.
Old 17 May 2010, 01:52 PM   #13
Skullring
"TRF" Member

Watch: Triple 6 SD
I just bought a Yachtmaster for my wife there last week. They were very friendly and polite. Much more so than my local AD. I found a great watch at a great price. I would buy again from them with no hesitation.
Old 17 May 2010, 07:36 PM   #14
pablofields
"TRF" Member

Very good experience with YG Daytona about a year ago
pablofields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2010, 12:39 AM   #15
wwwatches
"TRF" Member

They purchased a several watches from me.
No problems.
847-774-6677
wwwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2010, 02:42 AM   #16
juan2mini
"TRF" Member

If you buy a watch from them can the watch be serviced at RSC or does it need to be serviced by them or a local watch expert? I am not sure of the RSC restrictions. Thanks
juan2mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2011, 05:05 AM   #17
Scott95
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT116713 - ATF
Capetown

Fr. John - what was your experience? You imply it wasn't good - elaborate?
Scott95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 January 2011, 05:53 AM   #18
franksremote

Watch: IWC DaVinci 3750
I see that they have a "lifetime warrranty" on the watches they sell. I presume it doesn't cover periodic service, so what exactly does it cover? What have y'all that have purchased from them utilized the "lifetime warranty" for?

TIA
franksremote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2011, 05:52 AM   #19
Randy72379

Watch: 16014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksremote View Post
I see that they have a "lifetime warrranty" on the watches they sell. I presume it doesn't cover periodic service, so what exactly does it cover? What have y'all that have purchased from them utilized the "lifetime warranty" for?

TIA
I purchased my first Rolex from Capetown. 16014 Datejust circa 1982. The lifetime warranty covers the internal mechanism against any manufacturing defects. Also you MUST have the scheduled maintenance performed in order to keep the lifetime warranty in effect. Here is a link for more information. I hope it is helpful. http://capetowncorp.com/flash/war_cert.html
Randy72379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 March 2011, 07:55 PM   #20
Lol-x
Facilitator

Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

This kind of feedback is very useful to prospective purchasers

It seems that you guys have maybe purchased 'instore' and I just wondered if there might be any difference in buying 'on the net'?

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 March 2011, 01:36 AM   #21
Skullring
"TRF" Member

Watch: Triple 6 SD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

This kind of feedback is very useful to prospective purchasers

It seems that you guys have maybe purchased 'instore' and I just wondered if there might be any difference in buying 'on the net'?
I found a couple of candidates on the website and then exchanged emails with Rose. She let me know what she had on hand and we took a ride to the showroom in Roswell. My wife was undecided between the Ladies or the midsize Yachtmaster so I wanted her to try them both on before she made a decision. So I did a combination of website, telephone and showroom.

Great success. She loves it.
Old 15 March 2011, 08:08 AM   #22
Lol-x
Facilitator

Thank you Phillip

Capetown Diamond are very friendly approachable over the telephone.

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2011, 10:34 AM   #23
DCgator
"TRF" Member

Watch: DS,BLNR,SubLV,DJ2
Icon6

Thanks for all the info. Very good to know. :D
DCgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 March 2011, 09:40 PM   #24
689maple

Watch: 116718 PP & B Bay
I was looking for a particular watch and Marcus was very helpful. I did not get the watch I ordered, he found a newer one before mailing (vintage not an issue on this purchase) and sent it instead. Newer watch at same price, 1 years warranty and lifetime authenticity etc. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.
689maple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2013, 10:00 AM   #25
canadamayday
"TRF" Member

here's my personal story that just happened few days ago, I ordered a brand new rolex air king white dial with black romain numerals 114200 last week from capetown diamonds, and I received a parcel this Wendnesday,

but guess what, the bazel/case and bracelet/clasp just look like the modern 114200, but the "dial" definitely not 114200, the dial is actually from old 14000m, there's "t swiss made t" on the bottm and no "superlative chronometer" and "officially certified" words on dial too, then I took some pics and sent a email to them, after 1 day, I got reply from Mort (I guess he is sales manager at Capetown diamond), he stated that it appears the dial was changed from an older model watch, but the watch is genuine and everything is real, and the watch you have is indeed a 114200, the inner engraved serial number will match up to the rolex warranty card etc....

Anyways I just sent the watch back to them yesterday, and waiting for another one, IMO this whole thing is so strange, I still don't get it why they changed the dial on a new rolex and still treat this watch as a brand new rolex...

SO if you have enough money, I truely suggest that DO NOT buy any watches from gray market..

canadamayday is offline   Reply With Quote