The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 May 2020, 06:45 PM   #1
johnlcp
"TRF" Member

Which are the most difficult RO and ROO watches to get now?

Hi all, I have a 15202 purchased few years ago and still wearing it occasionally. I am doing research for my second AP, but is been awhile since my last research of AP watches.

Could you please let me know which are the hottest RO and ROO now? How difficult to get one?

I had a visit to local ADs in Hong Kong, they have some ROO rose gold and titanium in stock. Seem to be those are not popular these days? Thanks.
johnlcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:32 PM   #2
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
It seems like you are looking for the hottest items instead of the one sings to you.

You can search on the grey market, if the asking price has a highest percentage than MSRP, that items are the hottest now.

To me, I would look at online catalogue and see which one that I really love to have it and go from that.
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 09:51 PM   #3
maciej
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlcp View Post
Hi all, I have a 15202 purchased few years ago and still wearing it occasionally. I am doing research for my second AP, but is been awhile since my last research of AP watches.

Could you please let me know which are the hottest RO and ROO now? How difficult to get one?

I had a visit to local ADs in Hong Kong, they have some ROO rose gold and titanium in stock. Seem to be those are not popular these days? Thanks.
Ceramic openwork perpetual calendar, good luck.
maciej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 11:15 PM   #4
karasus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
Quote:

You are going to get blasted with a post like this, especially as a new member.

But if you want to know at my AD the pieces that are currently waitlisted that I have asked about are:

Royal Oaks - 15202ST, 15500ST, 15407ST, 15450ST, ceramic perpetuals, RD2, 15202BA and blue dial chronos,

Royal Oak Offshore - 26480TI (2019 42mm offshore), 26237ST (2018 offshore 25th anniversary reissue), blue dial diver.

This could be different at different AD/boutiques.
karasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2020, 11:35 PM   #5
johnlcp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasus View Post

But if you want to know at my AD the pieces that are currently waitlisted that I have asked about are:

Royal Oaks - 15202ST, 15500ST, 15407ST, 15450ST, ceramic perpetuals, RD2, 15202BA and blue dial chronos,

Royal Oak Offshore - 26480TI (2019 42mm offshore), 26237ST (2018 offshore 25th anniversary reissue), blue dial diver.

Thanks and apologies if this is not a appropriate question. I thought of knowing which are the hottest or popular models could be my good reference of which model should I chose for next watch.

Personally I like the RO26315st, 15407st and 26574st. ROO 26480TI is nice, appreciate if anyone could share the user experience. Thanks.
Old 29 May 2020, 11:41 AM   #6
Benzsiam
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/AP/PP/ALS
Quote:
Thanks and apologies if this is not a appropriate question. I thought of knowing which are the hottest or popular models could be my good reference of which model should I chose for next watch.

Personally I like the RO26315st, 15407st and 26574st. ROO 26480TI is nice, appreciate if anyone could share the user experience. Thanks.
All the models that you mention above are very popular. If you can get it from Boutique would be a very good buy.

26315st would be a bit easier to get, you can read all the previous owner review at this site or the review from YouTuber.
Benzsiam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 10:35 PM   #7
karasus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak
Quote:

ROO 26480TI is very light, a friend of mine tried it at the boutique, on a rubber strap it is less than 100 grams, around 60 grams in weight. Its quite nice.
karasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 12:44 AM   #8
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
. Personally I like the RO26315st, 15407st and 26574st. ROO 26480TI is nice, appreciate if anyone could share the user experience. Thanks.
I won't attack you because I'm relatively new too. My only advice is that you should love AP because you love AP. Don't go after hot models because it's the cool thing to do. That won't make you any friends here, and it won't result in any success with AP either. But, at the end of the day, you like what you like, and you should ask whatever is on your mind. This is a message board after all for us to share information and experiences...

Real Talk about the watches you mentioned:

26315ST: Gray model, maybe a short wait. Blue subdial model, probably not for a new customer as it is a boutique exclusive. You can get the blue subdial for a very small premium though. Honestly, the gray is really growing on me and you should give it serious thought.

15407ST: Not happening. Maybe after a few years and an established purchase history you may get allocated one. Sure, you'll see an occasional story where somebody gets very lucky. Or, if you're a VIP you'll get one almost certainly. If you walked out of a boutique with one of these with no real history, go buy a lottery ticket because it's your very lucky day.

26574ST: Very likely not happening either. Probably a solid 1-2 year wait on this one as well, and you'll need a purchase history. The wait on this one seems to have gotten worse, and the secondary market price has seemed to solidify slightly above the MSRP. Again if you want/need it now, the premium is small but I don't think there are very many new examples out there. Most of them have been polished and marked "Unworn".

26480TI: I'm a "new" customer working on the relationship and I am on the list, but it could be weeks or even several months wait. This model seems to be rising in popularity so I am not sure this model is going to get any easier to get in the short term. Remember, AP stopped production so that's not helping. This is another one if you just want this watch and be done, buy it on the secondary market. It's readily available for a slight discount to right around MSRP.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 02:30 AM   #9
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
I have been offered the 26480TI several times by the boutique. This is not a difficult piece to get.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 04:55 AM   #10
alexlt730512
"TRF" Member

i heard from boutique that 15450st BLUE is hard to come by way less than 15500st Blue. not sure if you guys heard the same.
alexlt730512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 04:57 AM   #11
wisguy
"TRF" Member

You have one of the most scarce ROs.

Not sure many ROO are hard to get, there are some exceptions of course.
Old 30 May 2020, 06:25 AM   #12
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiscott_29 View Post
I won't attack you because I'm relatively new too. My only advice is that you should love AP because you love AP. Don't go after hot models because it's the cool thing to do. That won't make you any friends here, and it won't result in any success with AP either. But, at the end of the day, you like what you like, and you should ask whatever is on your mind. This is a message board after all for us to share information and experiences...

Real Talk about the watches you mentioned:

26315ST: Gray model, maybe a short wait. Blue subdial model, probably not for a new customer as it is a boutique exclusive. You can get the blue subdial for a very small premium though. Honestly, the gray is really growing on me and you should give it serious thought.

15407ST: Not happening. Maybe after a few years and an established purchase history you may get allocated one. Sure, you'll see an occasional story where somebody gets very lucky. Or, if you're a VIP you'll get one almost certainly. If you walked out of a boutique with one of these with no real history, go buy a lottery ticket because it's your very lucky day.

26574ST: Very likely not happening either. Probably a solid 1-2 year wait on this one as well, and you'll need a purchase history. The wait on this one seems to have gotten worse, and the secondary market price has seemed to solidify slightly above the MSRP. Again if you want/need it now, the premium is small but I don't think there are very many new examples out there. Most of them have been polished and marked "Unworn".

26480TI: I'm a "new" customer working on the relationship and I am on the list, but it could be weeks or even several months wait. This model seems to be rising in popularity so I am not sure this model is going to get any easier to get in the short term. Remember, AP stopped production so that's not helping. This is another one if you just want this watch and be done, buy it on the secondary market. It's readily available for a slight discount to right around MSRP.
Have been offered the 26574ST a few times. Not too hard to get - and will likely become easier.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2020, 08:22 AM   #13
uracowman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karasus View Post

lol another one of these threads. Here we go again...

Pretty soon this is going to turn into the Rolex General Discussion subforum.

Soon to come: AP 26401 RG, AP 15202OR, Patek 3940G
uracowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 07:39 PM   #14
gregouille
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uracowman View Post
lol another one of these threads. Here we go again...

Pretty soon this is going to turn into the Rolex General Discussion subforum.
Couldn't agree more
gregouille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 June 2020, 11:43 PM   #15
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15450ST Blue
I don’t understand why people here are so sensitive to threads like this. It’s not like the OP is asking everyone for stock tips. People come to these forums for information on the watches they want to buy, which unsurprisingly tend to be each brands “popular” models . Really there is no more relevant topic for someone researching the AP brand than the subject of availability. No harm in refreshing the conversation. These threads also tend to be more useful than a lot of other content here.
Sg6067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 12:48 AM   #16
Xerxes77
Banned

15407 in steel
Xerxes77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 01:55 AM   #17
gsg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg6067 View Post
I don’t understand why people here are so sensitive to threads like this...
Because the OP is clearly showing no passion for the watches or the brand and seems merely interested in chasing the next hot thing, whatever that is.
gsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 02:06 AM   #18
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
Because the OP is clearly showing no passion for the watches or the brand and seems merely interested in chasing the next hot thing, whatever that is.
He clearly has some passion for watches and the AP brand otherwise he would have flipped his 15202 at the top of the market last year. I’m just saying it’s not a crime to admit you want an in demand watch.
Old 2 June 2020, 02:12 AM   #19
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsg View Post
I try and not engage in some of the back and forth on here, but I disagree with this statement. First off, your assessment is your opinion. You don't know with any degree of certainty what the OP's "intentions" are. Maybe they just worded things differently than you would have? Or, maybe they are simply asking a question? Also, I think it's relevant here to point out the OP said they have/had a 15202. So, it's not as if they haven't been exposed to AP at all.

One thing I cannot stand is this "holier than thou" attitude that you have to somehow prove your dedication to the brand or to horology before you can be taken seriously. Or, if you haven't had an AP/Rolex/PP since 2010, well, then you must be a fraud and somebody just looking for hot watches to post on IG. We all start somewhere, with a different point of view, or a different set of interests. And, who cares if the OP only wants to know what's hot? Not everybody is "passionate" about watches to the same degree. Who cares what their passion level is?

This is a message board where people are often just looking for information. Can we be a bit less judgmental? Or, if we don't like a post, simply not reply? There is enough of this crap out in the real world these days. It bothers me to see judgment and animosity on something that I feel many of us come to as an escape from reality.

End of Rant.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 02:40 AM   #20
Sg6067
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I try and not engage in some of the back and forth on here, but I disagree with this statement. First off, your assessment is your opinion. You don't know with any degree of certainty what the OP's "intentions" are. Maybe they just worded things differently than you would have? Or, maybe they are simply asking a question? Also, I think it's relevant here to point out the OP said they have/had a 15202. So, it's not as if they haven't been exposed to AP at all.

One thing I cannot stand is this "holier than thou" attitude that you have to somehow prove your dedication to the brand or to horology before you can be taken seriously. Or, if you haven't had an AP/Rolex/PP since 2010, well, then you must be a fraud and somebody just looking for hot watches to post on IG. We all start somewhere, with a different point of view, or a different set of interests. And, who cares if the OP only wants to know what's hot? Not everybody is "passionate" about watches to the same degree. Who cares what their passion level is?

This is a message board where people are often just looking for information. Can we be a bit less judgmental? Or, if we don't like a post, simply not reply? There is enough of this crap out in the real world these days. It bothers me to see judgment and animosity on something that I feel many of us come to as an escape from reality.

End of Rant.
+1 well said!
Old 2 June 2020, 02:47 AM   #21
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Quote:

End of Rant.

Nicely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Patek Philippe Nautilus 5990 - AP Royal Oak 15300 - AP Royal Oak 15450 Blue - AP Royal Oak 15450 Silver - AP Royal Oak Offshore 26480 - Royal Oak Offshore 15710 - Rolex Sea Dweller 116600 - Rolex Daytona 116519 - Rolex GMT 126710 BLRO - Omega Speedmaster Reduced - JLC Reverso GMT Moonphase - TAG Microtimer - Dent Pocket Watch - JLC Atmos Phases de lune
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2020, 06:48 PM   #22
johnlcp
"TRF" Member

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and info. I had chances to try on 26401RO, 26470SO and 26480TI in AD last week. I like the 26480TI the most, but it doesn't have the exhibition case back, i guess i will not take it then.

Meanwhile, I tried to find out more about 15407st in youtube, i think the open work craftsmanship is absolutely stunning but I think it is too difficult to get. Also, it might be difficult to read the time because of the open work dial, just my personal view..

Still can't make decision of which is my 2nd AP yet, will keep searching...
Old 2 June 2020, 07:19 PM   #23
GS93108
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions and info. I had chances to try on 26401RO, 26470SO and 26480TI in AD last week. I like the 26480TI the most, but it doesn't have the exhibition case back, i guess i will not take it then.

Meanwhile, I tried to find out more about 15407st in youtube, i think the open work craftsmanship is absolutely stunning but I think it is too difficult to get. Also, it might be difficult to read the time because of the open work dial, just my personal view..

Still can't make decision of which is my 2nd AP yet, will keep searching...
The days of using a wrist watch to tell the time are long gone, that's what an iPhone is for. If you think the 15407 is tough to read try the Ceramic Openwork PC, that's almost impossible, but it wouldn't stop me having one.

Don't give up on the 15407, it's an icon.
GS93108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2020, 06:55 PM   #24
johnlcp
"TRF" Member

I had the chance to try 15407OR today. It is a display watch in boutique. I must say, it is absolutely beautiful. The real watch is so must different with all the pictures and videos that I found on internet, it is breathtaking beautiful. I wish not to take it off from my wrist. It is a heavy watch since this is rose gold version, I believe the stainless steel version must be more comfortable.

Information from the boutique, many AP VIPs are still waiting for these watch. I guess my chance of acquire one is really slim given the production of this watch is low and the queuing list is long.
Old 7 June 2020, 10:11 PM   #25
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I had the chance to try 15407OR today. It is a display watch in boutique. I must say, it is absolutely beautiful. The real watch is so must different with all the pictures and videos that I found on internet, it is breathtaking beautiful. I wish not to take it off from my wrist. It is a heavy watch since this is rose gold version, I believe the stainless steel version must be more comfortable.

Information from the boutique, many AP VIPs are still waiting for these watch. I guess my chance of acquire one is really slim given the production of this watch is low and the queuing list is long.
Good to know it can be tried on! Time to make my way over...

I would be curious though, how many more people would be willing to jump to the OR if the wait list was shorter.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 12:53 AM   #26
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post
Good to know it can be tried on! Time to make my way over...

I would be curious though, how many more people would be willing to jump to the OR if the wait list was shorter.

People have tried, unfortunately that ship sailed about 18 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 03:32 AM   #27
ragsk
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS93108 View Post
The days of using a wrist watch to tell the time are long gone, that's what an iPhone is for. If you think the 15407 is tough to read try the Ceramic Openwork PC, that's almost impossible, but it wouldn't stop me having one.

Don't give up on the 15407, it's an icon.
I still read the time on my wristwatch 99% of the time.
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 01:26 PM   #28
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Quote:

End of Rant.
Agreed.
MichaelFlash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 June 2020, 02:06 PM   #29
DoctorA
"TRF" Member

The 15202 then the 15500 are the hardest to get, according to my AP boutique SA!
rumor or not, he tells me that the AP rep told them the grey 15500 is getting discontinued, now that the silver one is out. He shared that the grey 15500 is super hard to get, now that everyone wants one!!