The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 March 2020, 06:41 AM   #61
KBM
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I'd love me a red dialed reverso. Yum.
KBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2020, 12:39 PM   #62
2bigalow
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by astewartconst View Post

They should have kept the Deep Sea line and I think they need a production model with the memovox complication.

The Polaris line is...eh ok but why in TF does “the watchmakers watchmaker” put a 38hr power reserve movement in the Polaris?!? That stupidity is enough for me to not want to own one. There is NO reason Jaeger shouldn’t have a desirable steel sports watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will have to agree with you on the polaris line. I was interested in the Polaris chronograph, but the black dial on bracelet was difficult to find in my area. I eventually found one in switzerland (although on hold) and I just wasnt wooed in person. The triple texture dial was stunningly beautiful, but something was off with the proportions that did not work for me. All in all I ended up purchasing a used Deep sea chronograph and love it. I get many compliments from WIS and non WIS alike. And as a self-certified WIS, I love your watch!
2bigalow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 08:47 PM   #63
BendyBee
"TRF" Member

Just traded my iwc3714 in and got this. Loving it so far.

Not sure about other models but this one looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BendyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 April 2020, 10:55 PM   #64
2000-NJDEVILS
"TRF" Member

JLC (when it was just LeCoulter) made movements for the “Holy Trinity” and others.
Think about this: JLC made the movements inside pocket watches and wristwatches for PATEK, AP, VC and countless others - In fact many 1/2 million to multi million pieces are actually JLC original movements....
Today’s JLC DOES NOT HOLD VALUE LIKE PP, AP AND ROLEX.
If you want a new one, you can buy it brand new at 35-40% off msrp.
If you want pre-owned, then 50-75% of current msrp.....
2000-NJDEVILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2020, 12:57 PM   #65
conkers
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
Their high end pieces present some epic used bargains. My Triptyque I got for USD140k, as I recall it was 500k-ish retail.

I love JLC, but just buy them well. I don't understand the service comments - I have had excellent experiences and certainly much better than other Richemont brands like IWC.
Old 19 April 2020, 01:09 PM   #66
hifihunter
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw45 View Post
Amazing dial! I love that it's both rich looking, unique, and yet a nod to vintage JLC dials of the past. The core Polaris line was didn't inspire me at launch but his limited edition and the limited WT were both awesome offerings and I think good hints at the potential in the Polaris line and how JLC could develop the series in the future.

I've heard deliveries of the current Polaris watches slowed in advance if the now cancelled Baselworld well before coronavirus mania so I expecting to see some new exciting Polaris models for 2020.
That's a ridiculous copy of the Blancpain 5015 Fifty fathoms. Take a look at the comparison. Considering the timing of the 5015 FF release, I'm surprise JLC isn't under law suit.
hifihunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2020, 01:15 PM   #67
hifihunter
"TRF" Member

repost

Last edited by hifihunter; 19 April 2020 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: delete
hifihunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 07:36 PM   #68
myporsche
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex♠Lange
I like and respect JLC, enjoy vising the boutiques, talking watches, trying on interesting pieces like the Duometre etc. but in the end it wasn't for me. I had a Reverso moonphase and a couple things caused me to just not bond with it. It was thick, art deco styling didn't do it for me, and when I saw how much time a moonphase calendar watch that is manual wound needed it drove me nuts. I sold it and was even in denial , was looking at the gold tribute version for a while and close to pulling the trigger but decided to ultimately move on.
myporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2020, 10:34 PM   #69
le_baron
"TRF" Member

My anecdotal JLC story: I almost purchased a master ultra thin date in 18K. I loved the look of the watch both online and in person. But I learned when I tried it on that the movement is LOUD. A slow, natural wrist-motion causes the rotor in that movement to audibly--noticeably--whiz around. I ended up researching it and learned that others likewise observed that the movement is loud. I decided not to buy the watch once I learned that this loud winding was a feature of the movement at large (as opposed to a bug in the one I tried on)
Old 22 April 2020, 04:09 AM   #70
ajw45
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifihunter View Post
That's a ridiculous copy of the Blancpain 5015 Fifty fathoms. Take a look at the comparison. Considering the timing of the 5015 FF release, I'm surprise JLC isn't under law suit.
I have a 50 (500) Fathoms and never have I ever looked at the Polaris and thought wow, what a knock off. There's a lot of overlap in the dive watch arena for sure and there are some commonalities between the two as much as any dive watch but both the Polaris and the 50 Fathoms designs go back long before either of the contemporary versions you reference were released.
ajw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2020, 12:53 PM   #71
NardinNut
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

I love my Memovox
NardinNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2020, 01:49 AM   #72
socalwatchcollector
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pateks Plural
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Because their marketing sucks. They do make very nice watches.
^^^ This
socalwatchcollector is offline   Reply With Quote