The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 January 2024, 12:04 AM   #31
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
OP, Sorry you are dealing with this. There are no RSC in North Carolina where your profile says you are from. When you say you took it in, do you mean you actually went to the RSC in New York, Dallas or Beverly Hills? And when you say AD do you mean an actual Rolex Authorized Dealer? In North Carolina? Please provide more information and just tell us which service center. I see no issues with naming the RSC. I have no doubt that the mark you describe is there but the associated information needs to be clarified and expanded upon so we can provide advice.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 02:56 AM   #32
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=EEpro;13106447]The "claimed QC defect" was missing outer track ink.

Under loupe you could see the ink didn't stick and was dragged to the next marker. There was no adhesion residue or signs of abrasion at 20x.

They busted up the caseback then used it as evidence of prior entry. Then put the hands on crooked.

I see. Did the seller not accept to take the watch back for a full refund? Certainly seems reasonable in this case and presuming it was purchased from a grey dealer or a private seller and not an AD, it’s impossible for you to know if the watch was opened, with or without stickers.
maxGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 03:04 AM   #33
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Scratch on Dial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxGMT View Post
I see. Did the seller not accept to take the watch back for a full refund? Certainly seems reasonable in this case and presuming it was purchased from a grey dealer or a private seller and not an AD, it’s impossible for you to know if the watch was opened, with or without stickers.

Eh it was pretty obvious after Rolex opened it I'd say.

Why would a seller open a 3 day old watch that is an easy flip? Dial swap? Nope. Rolex confirmed original dial. White tag matches too.

The seller and I thought it would be an easy QC fix at RSC but Rolex left it like that. You don't need to focus on who did or didn't open it. They marker it up like that. Think about that. Imagine that's your watch and they left it like that after $2,788 and voided the warranty to boot.

Try not to be a Rolex apologist. They're so awesome and so luxury etc until they screw you. They lied about the caseback marks being there. That's the important part that makes their whole story a scam.
Old 14 January 2024, 03:12 AM   #34
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Eh it was pretty obvious after Rolex opened it I'd say.

Why would a seller open a 3 day old watch that is an easy flip? Dial swap? Nope. Rolex confirmed original dial.

The seller and I thought it would be an easy QC fix at RSC but Rolex left it like that. You don't need to focus on who did or didn't open it. They left it like that. Think about that. Imagine that's your watch and they left it like that after $2,788 and voided the warranty to boot.

Try not to be a Rolex apologist. They're so awesome and so luxury etc until they screw you. They lied about the caseback marks being there. That's the important part that makes their whole story a scam.
Sounds like you has a horrible experience with the overall purchase and service experience. Sorry to hear that. I’ve never encountered anything like that. Very happy with my Rolex watches, the AD and RSC experience I’ve had for 10+ years.
Old 14 January 2024, 04:22 AM   #35
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBS007 View Post
Wow, this is great insight with respect to the “S”. The pictures I posted were before the service. I just checked the crystal and confirm that the crown is still there. There is no “S”.

Is there a chance they replace it with crystal with a crown still?
I have had two crystals replaced by RSC in the last year and neither came back with an S.
Both came back as original.
Old 14 January 2024, 09:31 AM   #36
Seo
"TRF" Member

Wow I would be very angry and disillusioned by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 January 2024, 10:58 AM   #37
Wrathchild
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I have had two crystals replaced by RSC in the last year and neither came back with an S.
Both came back as original.
I guess they stoped doing that. Too bad I guess
Wrathchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 02:10 AM   #38
DBS007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
I should have a positive development for you all this coming week.
DBS007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 January 2024, 04:11 AM   #39
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Hope you get it worked out, a scratched dial on a new watch is unacceptable.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 January 2024, 03:27 AM   #40
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good to hear. I would be surprised if they don’t swap to a service dial foc as a gesture of good will if you escalate the matter.
Old 16 January 2024, 04:20 AM   #41
DBS007
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxGMT View Post
Good to hear. I would be surprised if they don’t swap to a service dial foc as a gesture of good will if you escalate the matter.
Can you expand on what you mean by service dial? If I understand correctly, the replacement dial might be different than the factory dial?
Old 16 January 2024, 04:40 AM   #42
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Can you expand on what you mean by service dial? If I understand correctly, the replacement dial might be different than the factory dial?
The dial installed in your watch at the Rolex factory is usually referred to as the original or factory original dial. If the dial is exchanged, for whatever reason, the new dial is usually referred to as service or replacement dial. Small discrepancies such as font etc might occur, but more unusual when dials are replaced in modern/new watches.
Old 16 January 2024, 04:51 AM   #43
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Its great to hear a positive update
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:08 AM   #44
DBS007
"TRF" Member

I have a positive update. I just heard back today from a different RSC in my area and without any hesitation it was confirmed that there was indeed a mark on the dial. I assume when they say mark on the dial, it encompasses all potential items: a smudge, a scratch, debris, etc.

The dial will be replaced. I will provide more information on the entire interaction with both RSCs when the issue is resolved.

I will keep you all posted.
Old 25 January 2024, 06:41 AM   #45
0nly5iv3Digits
"TRF" Member

Watch: Got a Few :)
Wow… genuinely sorry to hear. It looks like you have multiple scratches on that dial… I’m confused… something is up here.

UNpolished or I’m not interested” 😎
2FA Enabled
0nly5iv3Digits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:42 AM   #46
Colorado_kid
2024 Pledge Member

That’s good news. Glad to hear they’ll fix it.

I would also be disturbed if it was mine.

Are they also going to fix the swirl marks on the crystal?

Colorado_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 07:07 AM   #47
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

had almost the same on my gmt pepsi .

The hands where scratching it due to miss alignment . they replaced the dial for me under warranty though
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 07:32 AM   #48
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a positive update. I just heard back today from a different RSC in my area and without any hesitation it was confirmed that there was indeed a mark on the dial. I assume when they say mark on the dial, it encompasses all potential items: a smudge, a scratch, debris, etc.

The dial will be replaced. I will provide more information on the entire interaction with both RSCs when the issue is resolved.

It doesn't sound like you've been dealing with any RSC, just A.D.'s.
No wonder.
Still, I'm glad to hear the situation is on it's way to being resolved!!

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2024, 02:26 AM   #49
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_kid View Post
That’s good news. Glad to hear they’ll fix it.

I would also be disturbed if it was mine.

Are they also going to fix the swirl marks on the crystal?

The swirl marks are on the dial and not on the crystal. Part of the polishing process.
Old 27 January 2024, 02:32 AM   #50
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlOver View Post
S in the crown was going to be phased out according to this forum sometime back. It was reported that the crystals with S would be used until Rolex was out of them and then they would transition to non S crystal.
The S in crystal was phased out several years ago.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2024, 03:04 AM   #51
tsekh
"TRF" Member

If I was in your place, I'd go talk to my AD instead of going directly to RSC.

The purpose of having an AD as a middleman standing between a customer and Rolex is to take care of situations like this (AD's role =/= allocate watch to customers). If your AD simply repeats to you what Rolex says, instead of standing behind your and fighting for you in situation like this, your AD sucks and you should bring the relationship somewhere else.
tsekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 09:26 PM   #52
maxGMT
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Good to hear that you are getting this resolved to your satisfaction!
If you ever choose to sell it, please remember to mention that the factory dial and crystal has been replaced since this might be taken into consideration by some buyers (like myself).
Enjoy your new Submariner!
Old 28 January 2024, 11:44 PM   #53
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Good deal.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 03:03 AM   #54
DBS007
"TRF" Member

Finally Resolved

I finally have positive news to share. I received the watch back from Rolex Canada approximately 2 weeks ago and it's absolutely perfect now.

Understanding that some members of the community have some questions unanswered, I am providing details below.

1) I am actually located in Toronto, Canada. As I was navigating the complexities and characters associated with this issue, I had set my location to North Carolina as a precaution in case forums like these are monitored. I wanted an opinion from the broader community and did not want to be penalized for bringing this issue to light.

2) I purchased the watch in November 2023 from an authorized dealer in Ontario. When I was navigating to a solution, my AD was unwavering that the issue was in relation to the crystal. Specifically, the AD described that the the scratch I was seeing was actually a natural part of the crystalline structure of the crystal (I knew this was BS). The AD also did not have any willingness to explore further, or function as the middle man with Rolex Canada to resolve it. In fact, they encouraged me to bring it to Rolex Canada on St. Clair myself if the issue continued to bother me. I did exactly that, and as many of you know, when I brought it in to be evaluated, I was alienated and talked down to as if I was hallucinating. They allegedly did not see anything. After persisting and showing them videos on my phone, they offered to replace the crystal, simply as a shot in the dark, hoping it would make "whatever I am seeing" go away. After 3 weeks, and being without the watch for New Years, I went to Rolex Canada to pick it up. Immediately, I noticed that the scratch was still there. I was incredibly frustrated but maintained composure and made my arguments and expectations clear. In the end, the service supervisor essentially dismissed me, told me it passes QC, and if the issue bothers me, its $850 to replace the dial.

3) Understanding that Rolex Canada on St. Clair is 1 of 3 authorized service centers in Ontario, I visited one of two AD's that are authorized for service the following day. This is where they inspected the watch and agreed that there is in fact a mark or scratch on the dial. They committed to repairing the watch in house, but later had difficulty warrantying the dial as Rolex Canada stopped it (given they already evaluated it).

4) I am relentless. I went on LinkedIn, found a Manager / Director of After Sales Service at Rolex Canada, and phoned. I described the situation in depth, and was met with an immense amount of empathy and remorse. The individual called the AD directly to have the watch transferred to Rolex Canada, specifically to their attention. I received a call days later, confirming that there was indeed a mark or scratch on the dial and that Rolex Canada would be happy to replace it.

The rest is self explanatory. I picked up the watch and it was perfect, as one would expect of a brand new watch. I was even surprised with a few goodies.

Thank you to all who weighed in on the situation and shared their knowledge.
Old 7 May 2024, 07:07 AM   #55
joli160

Watch: Yachtmaster
Glad that it worked out, but how much effort it took from you is very disappointing. Enjoy wearing it and forget about the experience
Old 8 May 2024, 03:13 PM   #56
SS Oyster
"TRF" Member

Have you tried to get macro pics of the dial scratch from multiple angles? I mean, if it’s the crystal, then it won’t be on the same place on the dial when you take pics from different angles (it’s called parallax).

Doing the above will help you at least sort out what is causing that upsetting scratch/swirl.

Once known, go back to your AD and since they agree with you, ask them to deal with the RSC. Refuse to accept the watch until it’s PERFECT! This isn’t being unruly. This is holding Rolex accountable for their mistakes and up to their own standards.

Good luck!

SS Oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 03:33 PM   #57
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I finally have positive news to share. I received the watch back from Rolex Canada approximately 2 weeks ago and it's absolutely perfect now.

Understanding that some members of the community have some questions unanswered, I am providing details below.

1) I am actually located in Toronto, Canada. As I was navigating the complexities and characters associated with this issue, I had set my location to North Carolina as a precaution in case forums like these are monitored. I wanted an opinion from the broader community and did not want to be penalized for bringing this issue to light.

2) I purchased the watch in November 2023 from an authorized dealer in Ontario. When I was navigating to a solution, my AD was unwavering that the issue was in relation to the crystal. Specifically, the AD described that the the scratch I was seeing was actually a natural part of the crystalline structure of the crystal (I knew this was BS). The AD also did not have any willingness to explore further, or function as the middle man with Rolex Canada to resolve it. In fact, they encouraged me to bring it to Rolex Canada on St. Clair myself if the issue continued to bother me. I did exactly that, and as many of you know, when I brought it in to be evaluated, I was alienated and talked down to as if I was hallucinating. They allegedly did not see anything. After persisting and showing them videos on my phone, they offered to replace the crystal, simply as a shot in the dark, hoping it would make "whatever I am seeing" go away. After 3 weeks, and being without the watch for New Years, I went to Rolex Canada to pick it up. Immediately, I noticed that the scratch was still there. I was incredibly frustrated but maintained composure and made my arguments and expectations clear. In the end, the service supervisor essentially dismissed me, told me it passes QC, and if the issue bothers me, its $850 to replace the dial.

3) Understanding that Rolex Canada on St. Clair is 1 of 3 authorized service centers in Ontario, I visited one of two AD's that are authorized for service the following day. This is where they inspected the watch and agreed that there is in fact a mark or scratch on the dial. They committed to repairing the watch in house, but later had difficulty warrantying the dial as Rolex Canada stopped it (given they already evaluated it).

4) I am relentless. I went on LinkedIn, found a Manager / Director of After Sales Service at Rolex Canada, and phoned. I described the situation in depth, and was met with an immense amount of empathy and remorse. The individual called the AD directly to have the watch transferred to Rolex Canada, specifically to their attention. I received a call days later, confirming that there was indeed a mark or scratch on the dial and that Rolex Canada would be happy to replace it.

The rest is self explanatory. I picked up the watch and it was perfect, as one would expect of a brand new watch. I was even surprised with a few goodies.

Thank you to all who weighed in on the situation and shared their knowledge.
Great and well done!
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 03:34 PM   #58
karleone
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
The "claimed QC defect" was missing outer track ink.

Under loupe you could see the ink didn't stick and was dragged to the next marker. There was no adhesion residue or signs of abrasion at 20x.

They busted up the caseback then used it as evidence of prior entry. Then put the hands on crooked.

I would be so mad at Rolex RSC 😡 Sorry for your watch
karleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 04:23 PM   #59
Mountains868
"TRF" Member

If you are not satisfied, then you should keep the complaints on high volume, I’m sure they will do the right thing, because having such a scratch is just unacceptable.
Mountains868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 07:28 PM   #60
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleone View Post
I would be so mad at Rolex RSC Sorry for your watch

Thanks. I pretty much burned down my collection after this. I have only a 126500 W and a black sub for Rolex.

When the need for services arises I'll inform the dealer and work out a reduced price for sale.

No way I'm messing with this clown show of a brand again. Dishonesty and incompetency don't pair well with skilled work.