The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 2 June 2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Bob tomas
"TRF" Member

Hello. PAM 210 and 287 owner

Long time lurker saying hello. Love reading this forum for its great info and opinons

I have had a 287 for a couple of years and recently got a 210, so have the PAM bug, but for rads so far. Since I got the 210 it has been taking all the wrist time...

I hope you don't mind me asking a question on my first post. The 210 is my first manual wind watch. I noticed that the 210 makes the winding click sound when unscrewing the crown, is this normal (or OK) for this watch - the auto 287 does not do this (the 287 was purchased in person from a B&M AD, but I bought the 210 from a "reputable" grey market dealer (full box, papers, movement sticker), so there is always some uncertainty. Keeps perect time)

Bob tomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
Bob tomas
"TRF" Member

Sheesh, not even a hello
Old 6 June 2012, 09:00 AM   #3
nauticajoe
"TRF" Member

Welcome! Hmmmmmm. Though one is a manual & the other being an auto movement, I'm not sure if that is normal. If it's keeping good time, then no sense in worrying.
nauticajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 09:34 AM   #4
bcacncnc
"TRF" Member

Hi Tomas. The 210 is one of my time favorites! Great choice. Unfortunately I don't own a Radiomir (yet) so can't comment your question. Is it still under warranty? Maybe you take for a service.
Grand Seiko
bcacncnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2012, 03:14 PM   #5
rulessapt
"TRF" Member

Watch: u c
Hi Bob,
I would've replied earlier, however have been away for a couple of weeks.
The 210, which I just checked for the condition I think you have descibed, operates as follows.

When the crown is unscrewed, it can initially, prior to the crown extending fully to wind, if you are still turning the crown in an anti-clockwise direction, does engage the mechanism and prodice the clicking sound as if you were winding the crown in reverse.

Not sure if I have explained this clearly, however the bottom line being the watch is performing correctly.

The 287 is fitted with Valjoux 7750 movement, modified and decorated for Panerai and does not exhibit the same condition when the crown is unscrewed.
The 210 of course has the venerable Unitas 6497.
Whilst both movements were manufactured under the ETA umbrella, their origins were different and actions too differ, being a manual versus an automatic.

Owning both a 287 and a 210, like you, purchasing the 287 and then the 210.
You have the bug, it's all good.

I also (very) recently had the opportunity to purchase a 141 Radiomir which is fitted with the Zenith Elite 680 movement and it is different again, in the crown, the number of turns it screws down and has a display back which is extensively decorated.

Enjoy the forum, we're here to help and share experiences. Welcome.

cheers
richard
rulessapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2012, 02:36 AM   #6
Bob tomas
"TRF" Member

Thanks guys. That's great info richard. Congrats on the 141