The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 4 June 2006, 10:16 AM   #1
Roverdave

Watch: SS Sub
PAM 220 or 221?

A question for all of those out there that have seen/felt/tried on a 220 vs. 221. I put down a deposit for the 221 and a 111 at the nearest AD last week. I love the bracelet on the big pannie and will get into the band obsession I'm sure with the 111. My question is what was your favorite of the two? I love the brushed look and darker metal of the Ti, but I have had a few all Ti watches in the past and didn't like the way they felt on the wrist-they were too light, for lack of a better description. I know that the 221 is a Ti/SS mix, but does anyone know the weight difference/feel between the two?

The AD called me today and said that they got a 220 in and the 221 will be a few weeks yet. Since I live 350+ mi. from the closest dealer this has all been a phone transaction, and they have been great to deal with. The problem is that I cannot get my hands on the two side by side and really examine them.

The $500.00 difference in price makes absolutely no difference to me, and the few weeks wait is also of no concern to me. The dealer has another AD that wants to purchase the 220 that they have in now from them for a special customer, and where I am at is I really don't know if I should continue waiting for the 221 and possibly not like it as much as I had hoped, or I get the 220 shipped to me on Mon. and regret not holding out for the 221 If anyone out there has any comments they would be greatly appreciated. I know it ultimately boils down to me, but advice in this situation is greatly appreciated.
Roverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 01:03 PM   #2
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Just a couple of points IMHO Dave. I too have had full Ti watches in the past and was not a fan of them, for whatever reason, the Pannies in the Luminor look really good in the Ti. That being said, I love the Ti/SS bracelet combo from Panerai, it is just great and feels awesome on the wrist.

The weight will be noticable too, but not enough to sway you one way or the other.

I think if you are getting the 111 too, the all Ti would be the knockout winner. Just MHO. Best of luck and please do keep us posted. I am excited for ya mate!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2006, 11:29 PM   #3
Roverdave

Watch: SS Sub
Thanks Dman! Not being able to try them both on, I didn't want to end up with the Pannie being a featherweight, but if the weight difference is negligable then I'll be happy. I do like the brushed Ti look too.

Thanks!
Roverdave is offline   Reply With Quote