The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 May 2023, 03:26 AM   #1
messikens
"TRF" Member

Grailzee for AP purchases :: What's the general opinion?

Looking for some feedback on Grailzee (if this is not the right forum - please shift to WatchOut or something else).

Has anyone used it / does anyone have any feedback?

I know the usual "buy the seller" but sometimes I am not willing to pay SW prices for something that we know is lower already, so looking for some general feedback.

I am a bit torn - it does get authenticated (though not sure by whom or whether warranty is then voided), but there is no "escrow" per se - funds are wired to the seller directly after the watch is sent from the buyer to the authentication center. So there's a bit of an escrow happening but the funds are already out the door before one gets their hand on the watch... and any dispute resolution is unclear to me...

Looking for some productive feedback please
messikens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 04:45 AM   #2
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

I’ve used and the experience was fine (haven’t checked the watch physically yet, the transaction experience was fine though).

The team there is super responsive. If you want a little bit of leeway, when wiring, I’d reach out and I’m sure you can work something out. But I have used and have received the watch.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do. Also, what are you eyeing?
Vince_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2023, 07:39 AM   #3
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_76 View Post
I’ve used and the experience was fine (haven’t checked the watch physically yet, the transaction experience was fine though).

The team there is super responsive. If you want a little bit of leeway, when wiring, I’d reach out and I’m sure you can work something out. But I have used and have received the watch.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do. Also, what are you eyeing?
Thanks appreciate it. What do you mean you "have the watch" but you "havent physically checked it yet"?

There's a few AP's out there that I am interested in, but older models at this point.
Old 10 May 2023, 07:52 AM   #4
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Thanks appreciate it. What do you mean you "have the watch" but you "havent physically checked it yet"?

There's a few AP's out there that I am interested in, but older models at this point.
Nice. The pricing there has been pretty good, with a ton not hitting reserve. You’re not eyeing that 26420?

I had the watch shipped to my primary home. A family member checked it and verified over FaceTime, but I’ve yet to see in person. Grailzee does offer detailed pictures and analysis of the inspection though, so cautiously thinking everything is fine.
Old 10 May 2023, 07:58 AM   #5
messikens
"TRF" Member

Given up on the 26420 - supposed to be there shortly from the boutique since I showed up recently and was told it's close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 May 2023, 08:04 AM   #6
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
Given up on the 26420 - supposed to be there shortly from the boutique since I showed up recently and was told it's close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice. Seems doable given that they are trading below MSRP. Best of luck
Old 10 May 2023, 08:15 AM   #7
messikens
"TRF" Member

Honestly I was tempted to just say eff it and go grey. But seeing that I really like the ROO and it at least the taupe is still relatively in the ballpark of MSRP it may be better for my path forward to get it from the boutique and then add something else.

I just don't see myself getting a code anytime soon, so if it's MSRP that paves the way for a ROC or something of that nature... May be a good enough option
Old 28 September 2023, 11:25 AM   #8
RolexSimon
"TRF" Member

The problem with Grailzee is grossly inflated and unrealistic reserves. Over 50% don't make reserves which are at or just below chrono24 prices. It's a "let see if there are a few mugs out there" type of auction house. For example - after market Daytona mods wanting $100K when they'd go for less than $50k at Sotheby's or antiquorum. Just my thoughts - others may disagree.
RolexSimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2023, 11:48 AM   #9
messikens
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSimon View Post
The problem with Grailzee is grossly inflated and unrealistic reserves. Over 50% don't make reserves which are at or just below chrono24 prices. It's a "let see if there are a few mugs out there" type of auction house. For example - after market Daytona mods wanting $100K when they'd go for less than $50k at Sotheby's or antiquorum. Just my thoughts - others may disagree.

I totally agree - I have given up on the site. Actually spoke to the owner of the site as I had bid on a watch which subsequently literally disappeared from the site...

Sounds pretty bootstrapped and the reserve item is just a nail in the coffin
Old 28 September 2023, 03:57 PM   #10
construda
"TRF" Member

Yep agree it's crap. If they were serious about setting realistic reserve prices it would probably be great
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 05:37 AM   #11
STL-16613
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE!

Bought a SD43 and received the watch with a cracked pearl. I went back and read through the description of the watch and there is no mention of a cracked pearl which is not a cheap repair. I contacted them for resolution and they stated the general condition of the watch was listed which was enough.

I advised them that the description was very deceptive and they stated they could not do anything about it.

Needless to say, I am no longer visiting their site and encouraging others to stay away as well.
STL-16613 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 06:55 AM   #12
messikens
"TRF" Member

Not surprised... It's a one man show from someone who is trying to ride the C24 gravy train but where the business model isn't yet fully baked.

I've never been back since my phone call with the dude
Old 5 April 2024, 07:00 AM   #13
Gandor
"TRF" Member

I've heard really negative experiences with the platform.

Also why are they escrowing the watch but having you directly pay the seller? Seems like a system ripe for things to go wrong.
Old 5 April 2024, 07:58 AM   #14
Vince_76
"TRF" Member

I’ve only bought one watch with them and thankfully it was a decent experience.

They keep hounding me to sell watches on their platform (i’m not selling regardless) and are providing some promotions. From the outside, looking in, looks like business isn’t doing too well.
Old 5 April 2024, 01:25 PM   #15
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
I just picked up a MB&F MAD edition 1 from there and you have to really hunt to find deals there. They happen but not often.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 08:06 PM   #16
kabrone
"TRF" Member

Grailee is a total Scam

Im tired of posting my hate. Let me know if you want the full story but this is the authentication report they provide
Flat out joke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Page2.jpg (106.7 KB, 226 views)
File Type: jpg Page3.jpg (127.2 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Page4.jpg (117.5 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Page5.jpg (120.4 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Page6.jpg (112.0 KB, 228 views)
kabrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 08:27 PM   #17
messikens
"TRF" Member

I'd like to hear it! Great verification report btw, looks like a 12 year olds first attempt at a PowerPoint presentation for his school
Old 5 May 2024, 08:16 AM   #18
chimp98
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ Octa Lune
Now I can see why AI is going to replace some jobs

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk