The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 22 February 2012, 02:42 AM   #31
TuonoRider
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Speedmaster
I feel for you, AAMD11. I just had my Speedmaster in a local jeweler who sells preowned Rolex and Omega and repairs clocks/watches. Wanted a link taken out to size it up better and the idiot sales lady (who makes/sells her own jewelry) DROPPED my watch. I don't know how she dropped it from the table, but she did.

Fortunately, its running spot on yet. She had the audacity to charge me the 10$ for the fitting. I looked at her said, "So, just so I understand correctly, I am paying 10 dollars for you to drop my watch? Awesome business, where did I go wrong?"

I could care less about 10 bucks, it was the principle. Fortunately, no damage or scratches and it was a wooden floor which helped I'm sure.
TuonoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2012, 04:19 PM   #32
emagni
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing TRF
Sorry to hear. It doesn't sound like this person has the right tools. Even if they didn't, it would have been better for them to tape the side before working on the watch. An easier approach would have been for them to use the watch and push downward to another pin then using tweezers to finish the job. Taking another pin like object and hammering it down to push the pin out looks like what cause all the damage. Sorry to hear about your situation and if it was me I would have definitely called him out on it. Better for him to refuse the work then to damage your watch. Good thing any good jeweler can easily fix this for a small fee ($20-$40 i would assume) and I think it is worth looking into.
Old 23 February 2012, 09:50 PM   #33
darrenvs

Take the watch back and demand you money back for the half arsed job that was done. I have been selling and sizing Omega for 20 plus tears and have never damaged a bracelet like that. But i do have a full Omega sizing tool kit.
The pin that is slightly raised on the right side half link in the 2nd photo is not even one of the pins from your watch. It is a split pin, I would guess he bent or broke the original and butchered something to put it back together.
If you are careful a sanding pad from a car spares shop in a medium grain will get rid of the marks
Darren
darrenvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2012, 11:59 AM   #34
AAMD11
"TRF" Member

Watch: Omega Worldtimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenvs View Post
Take the watch back and demand you money back for the half arsed job that was done. I have been selling and sizing Omega for 20 plus tears and have never damaged a bracelet like that. But i do have a full Omega sizing tool kit.
The pin that is slightly raised on the right side half link in the 2nd photo is not even one of the pins from your watch. It is a split pin, I would guess he bent or broke the original and butchered something to put it back together.
If you are careful a sanding pad from a car spares shop in a medium grain will get rid of the marks
Darren
Yeah thats exactly what this guy did. Its ridiculous!!! I am gonna wait till I get to the Omega Boutique in NYC and have them fix the pin for me. I am sure they will gladly help!
Old 24 February 2012, 12:25 PM   #35
B. Doggy
"TRF" Member

You get what you pay for.
Old 24 February 2012, 01:18 PM   #36
rodrob59
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD 18238
What a raw deal. I bought an inexpensive kit and resized mine without damage. You'd think a professional could do at least as well as a first timer.
Old 25 February 2012, 12:51 AM   #37
jets
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toph View Post
take it as a lesson learnt: you pay peanuts you get monkeys
I almost pissed myself
Seiko SLA033 Willard · SKX007
jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 February 2012, 10:38 AM   #38
Scott95
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT116713 - ATF
This is why I resize all of mine myself. Not that difficult.

116713 TT GMT II

116610 Sub C
Scott95 is offline   Reply With Quote