The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 January 2024, 08:45 AM   #1
Copasetic
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Patek & Rolex
Choices

I’ve sold some pieces recently and I’m looking to add to my very small collection.
I’ve always loved Pateks and Langes (except Nautilus and Acquanut) but find almost all of them too small (7.25” wrist but more importantly I’m tall).
I’ve had many Rolex’s over the years but just sold two and not looking to add any at this point.
I’ve been seriously looking for a few months and have come down to two or three choices.
I wanted to love the Patek 5905/1A but don’t. Green dial isn’t moving me and it wears small for 42mm. Unlike many others, I did really like the bracelet and its lack of taper.
I do really like the Lange Odysseus in steel on bracelet and it may be okay size wise but may be a little small. I started a thread about the size and was given a lot of encouragement that it will work. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a photo when I had the chance.
That’s one possibility.
The other would be a steel or titanium chronograph (I’m liking the Bulgari Octo Finnissimo in titanium and the Parmegiani Tondo PF steel chrono with blue dial) and I really like the Arnold and Son Luna Magna in platinum on a strap. It’s available at a very good price.
So one Lange or a chrono and special moonphase.
Very different choices and I can list pros/cons either way. Resale is not the top consideration, but I do tend to sell two or three years down the road. I haven’t mentioned what else I have because I don’t want that to influence the thinking.
I’d really like some thoughts from the Rolex Forum community. Thanks.
Copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote