The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 29 January 2023, 12:40 AM   #1
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
Trilobe vs Ressence

Lately I have been intrigued by watches that display watches in a deconstructed manner such as these two brands. Has anyone cross-shopped those two before or have extensive experience with them? I have handled a Ressence before but never a Trilobe.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 01:42 AM   #2
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

I can’t speak to Trilobe. They look interesting. I have handled Ressence and I am a huge fan. I am going to add an oil filled model to my collection at some point.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 02:29 AM   #3
FrugalGreubel
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Voutilainen (2030)
I’ve handled both but do not own either.

The Trilobe is fun but I’m not in love with the overall design. It also wears a little big and for their price point I rather have something else. I also feel like it’s been the most heavily marketed non-mainstream watch brand and I’m kind of tired of seeing it everywhere.

I really want an oil filled Ressence but they cost too much. I just wish they’d be 10K cheaper and I’d buy one right away. They are really fun.
FrugalGreubel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 January 2023, 01:19 PM   #4
thekman
"TRF" Member

Certainly agree that the oil filled ones look cool but are much more than I want to spend.

Old 29 January 2023, 11:23 PM   #5
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

I have both and really enjoy each. I disagree with the fit comment on the nuit fantastique, I have a small wrist (6.5) and the 40.5 model fits great, even in the silver dial model I chose. The lugs curve down. It’s super fun on wrist and I picked it for the same reason as you, unique way of reading the time. It makes a “Dress” watch kinda fun. I picked a ss model which was cheaper than titanium, I felt on a dress watch that is lighter by nature (Strap) I’d prefer it in ss. My only nitpick is the micro rotor is noisy. You hear this movement regularly.

The type 1s is next level. I picked up an under the radar recent Hodinkee version. Blacked out honeycomb dial. They offered me a special link to purchase and haven’t made the model public for some reason. It’s very comfy on wrist and I love how the rotating dial makes the watch feel different each time you look at it. It’s a mini PIA to set time but not too bad. I watch their video once a week and follow along. I think I have memorized the order to set the dials but feel more comfortable with the video as it’s still newish.
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 06:43 AM   #6
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post

The type 1s is next level. I picked up an under the radar recent Hodinkee version. Blacked out honeycomb dial. They offered me a special link to purchase and haven’t made the model public for some reason. It’s very comfy on wrist and I love how the rotating dial makes the watch feel different each time you look at it. It’s a mini PIA to set time but not too bad. I watch their video once a week and follow along. I think I have memorized the order to set the dials but feel more comfortable with the video as it’s still newish.
You bought a secret Hodinkee x Ressence collab that no one knows about or did I understand this incorrectly? That sounds pretty cool

Old 1 February 2023, 08:09 AM   #7
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
You bought a secret Hodinkee x Ressence collab that no one knows about or did I understand this incorrectly? That sounds pretty cool

That’s exactly what I’m saying. I got an email from them with a purchase link. I have purchased prior limiteds from them but not a huge overall spend. Idk how they came up with a VIP list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 February 2023, 12:57 PM   #8
thekman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
That’s exactly what I’m saying. I got an email from them with a purchase link. I have purchased prior limiteds from them but not a huge overall spend. Idk how they came up with a VIP list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is an awesome duo! Makes me even more torn. Then there is also that Moser you are selling. So many watches to choose from