The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 3 February 2023, 03:40 AM   #91
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Isn’t $100k the minimum for an armored truck delivery? I guess not depending on purchase history.
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 04:50 AM   #92
ChetBaker
"TRF" Member

It sounds similar to what Ferrari offers over here in Europe. You get a sealed package in a bag with a unique ID. Very expensive though, like 500USD per shipment expensive. It did add to the experience.
ChetBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 06:57 AM   #93
bobernet
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, AP, PP, Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZCaL View Post
Isn’t $100k the minimum for an armored truck delivery? I guess not depending on purchase history.

Mine was over that, but not sure of the general rules. I’d expect it’s whatever you’re willing to pay to have moved securely.
bobernet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 02:39 PM   #94
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtButt View Post
I loved them both but in the end I went with the CdV.

An interesting thing to note, while at Lange I was also quite keen on the Langematik Perpetual but I was told that I'm not allowed to buy it unless it's bundled with a non-limited edition watch. That was a bit of a turn off.
Congrats! Excited for you to get this!

Which Langematik Perpetual did they have? Was it one of the limited edition ones with the blue dial?

I've enjoyed the Perpetual for almost 20 years and have been wearing it for the past week.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 05:47 PM   #95
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post

Which Langematik Perpetual did they have? Was it one of the limited edition ones with the blue dial?

I've enjoyed the Perpetual for almost 20 years and have been wearing it for the past week.
Thanks! Yours is beautiful and I love the micro-rotor on the back. It was the RG with blue dial, the WG one sadly is sold out. They did not have it at the boutique but were very nice and checked with HQ about it. It is available to order but only after buying a qualifying watch.
ButtButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2023, 07:32 PM   #96
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post

Has it needed a service? Dare I ask the cost ?
Old 5 February 2023, 01:44 AM   #97
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Interesting. After purchasing the CdV last night I told them I preferred overnight FedEx to the armored truck delivery even though it would be a neat experience.

She replied "you can save it for your 222 in a couple months."

That's a hell of a lot better than the YEARS I was quoted at boutique around release time. Makes sense if they are building more of them.

One data point, in Las Vegas the boutique received 21 inquiries to be placed on the list for 222. They received 2 watches.
I am on the list for Q1 delivery and back then, I was asked to write a short essay to introduce myself. My SA told me for 2023 delivery, the president needs to approve. I posted my experience here and no one have heard of it but at the same time, I don’t see why he would lie to me. And he even contacted me to follow up and corrected some information of my introduction.

With that said, it seems like there are quite a few 222 showing up and not to be as rare as it is made out to be. (Still like it regardless)

I had an armored Ferrari delivery experience once and it was neat to have an armored truck pull up to the driveway with an armed guard carrying your watch. The second Ferrari delivery was at CDG, two young and fit gentlemen came in jeans pulled my watch out of his backpack. Not sure if they carried concealed weapon.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 01:47 AM   #98
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetBaker View Post
It sounds similar to what Ferrari offers over here in Europe. You get a sealed package in a bag with a unique ID. Very expensive though, like 500USD per shipment expensive. It did add to the experience.
It delivers to the US from Europe too and I was told >$2000. But their service is much better than Brink secure delivery.
Old 5 February 2023, 01:49 AM   #99
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Need some help... 1815 chronograph or Cornes de Vache

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I am on the list for Q1 delivery and back then, I was asked to write a short essay to introduce myself. My SA told me for 2023 delivery, the president needs to approve. I posted my experience here and no one have heard of it but at the same time, I don’t see why he would lie to me. And he even contacted me to follow up and corrected some information of my introduction.

With that said, it seems like there are quite a few 222 showing up and not to be as rare as it is made out to be. (Still like it regardless)

I had an armored Ferrari delivery experience once and it was neat to have an armored truck pull up to the driveway with an armed guard carrying your watch. The second Ferrari delivery was at CDG, two young and fit gentlemen came in jeans pulled my watch out of his backpack. Not sure if they carried concealed weapon.

I think it's still pretty rare. I've contacted many of the listings on Chrono and they are not real. Have only seen one incoming on TRF so far.

Do you have a history with VC? 222 will be my 4th.
Old 5 February 2023, 02:53 AM   #100
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Has it needed a service? Dare I ask the cost ?
I had it serviced in 2013, 10 years ago. Right now servicing should be 2200 Euro, which is Price Group 4 (same as the standard chronographs). Here's the pricing.

I had the dial replaced about 10 years ago (which I'm not sure they do anymore). Lange had changed the rhodium dial color pretty dramatically, in my opinion, and I preferred the newer style. The initial dials were a duller gray with a slightly pinkish hue. The later dials were a brighter, more metallic silver with greater contrast between the main dial and the subdials. I wanted the best of both worlds: The older protruding rectangular "one-push corrector" (vs. the newer recessed corrector) at the 10 o'clock position on the case, but with the newer, brighter silver dial.

These are bad photos comparing the 2 different dial styles but you can see some of the differences (newer dial on left, older on right and at bottom).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lange_perp_dial_comparisons_flash.jpg (70.5 KB, 316 views)
File Type: jpg lange_perp_dial_comparisons_noflash_1.jpg (44.4 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg lange_perp_dial_comparisons_noflash_2.jpg (65.5 KB, 322 views)
File Type: jpg lange_perp_box.jpg (121.9 KB, 334 views)
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2023, 04:14 AM   #101
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I think it's still pretty rare. I've contacted many of the listings on Chrono and they are not real. Have only seen one incoming on TRF so far.

Do you have a history with VC? 222 will be my 4th.
A friend of mine got one just a month or so ago and had another chance to get one recently (not through his own profile). The 222 will be my 5th VC if and when it gets here. It actually will be my wife's watch since I shy away from colored metal.
Old 5 February 2023, 11:08 AM   #102
Stephe
Banned

They are both brilliant watches but for me, it's the 1815 chronograph.
Stephe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 12:03 AM   #103
raclaims
"TRF" Member

In addition to mine I know 3 other guys who got their 222s so far
raclaims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 01:27 AM   #104
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raclaims View Post
In addition to mine I know 3 other guys who got their 222s so far
That seems to confirm my anecdotal observation and my SA’s comment. If a steel 222 comes this year, wonder if it will impact the gold 222’s delivery.
Old 6 February 2023, 04:34 AM   #105
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
As much as I love the watches. Lange does a horrendous job of showing how good their watches look in anything but a basic black, navy or brown. These straps don’t showcase how versatile the case and dial are.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 February 2023, 05:25 AM   #106
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Need some help... 1815 chronograph or Cornes de Vache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
As much as I love the watches. Lange does a horrendous job of showing how good their watches look in anything but a basic black, navy or brown. These straps don’t showcase how versatile the case and dial are.

But that’s why I select unique options to go with them. You are right. The basic approach with their advertisement is decidedly restrained. But the pieces are totally as options as people do with FPJ. I think the issue is who tends to buy them. More conservative styles vs more youthful or whimsical personalities. But throwing on some great colors on most really makes the pieces shine. I would wager if more did that the brand would have a new push. All of the black and white/silver dials can so easily be played with to amazing effect.
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 05:40 AM   #107
nickorette
"TRF" Member

I went with CDV, then the up/down from the 1815 collection
IWC: Portuguese Min. Repeater, Pilot 36, Pallweber RG, Vintage Pilot's, Ingenieur Patek: 5098P, 5738R, 5120G, 5172G JLC: Reverso Classic, Duomètre, Polaris Memovox 50th, MUTM Enamel AP: 15450 Lange: Lange 1, Copper Blue, Richard Lange, 1815 Up/Down Rolex: 116000, 116520, 126655, 124060, 116505, 228238 Panerai: Luminor 676 Omega: Aqua Terra, SM 300, Museum N°10, SM 321, CK 859 Cartier: Santos Medium, Tank LC VC: Cornes De Vache, Triple Calendrier, 222, 4300V/120R FPJ: CS LF: Classic Micro Rotor
nickorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2023, 10:36 PM   #108
Window Shopper
Banned

Get the VC.
Window Shopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 February 2023, 01:49 AM   #109
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickorette View Post
I went with CDV, then the up/down from the 1815 collection
I hope to follow in your footsteps and add a Lange eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by Window Shopper View Post
Get the VC.
I did!
Old 9 February 2023, 01:42 PM   #110
Justindo
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! Based upon your comments, I could tell that the Cornes de Vache was speaking to you more. I concur with the majority that the 1815 Chronograph has an amazing and superior movement, but I like the case of the Cornes de Vache better, and that's you're looking at the most and have on the wrist. I have a feeling you may eventually end up with the Lange too. Those two, along with your Patek, make for an amazing trio.
Justindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2023, 04:29 PM   #111
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justindo View Post
Congratulations! Based upon your comments, I could tell that the Cornes de Vache was speaking to you more. I concur with the majority that the 1815 Chronograph has an amazing and superior movement, but I like the case of the Cornes de Vache better, and that's you're looking at the most and have on the wrist. I have a feeling you may eventually end up with the Lange too. Those two, along with your Patek, make for an amazing trio.
Thanks! I suppose there was something that just nudged me towards the CdV this time, but I do still love Lange and hope to pick one up some day
Old 16 February 2023, 01:17 AM   #112
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Small update, I might have gone and done a thing. I couldn't get the Lange out of my mind since the last visit so I decided to give in and went back to the boutique and placed an order for it as well I figured life's too short and I'm super fortunate to even be looking at a watch like this, and since it's a brand/watch I've wanted since I was a teenager might as well just do it while I still can. Now the 1 year wait begins.

Bonus that they brought out the Langematik Perpetual for me to see while I was there, it's a beautiful watch as well. The blue dial is killer and the micro rotor on the back is stunning. Too bad the white gold ones are all sold out.

Old 16 February 2023, 01:29 AM   #113
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
Double congratulations! I don't usually ask people to get both choices in a poll but this one is just about right.
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 01:44 AM   #114
ButtButt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
Double congratulations! I don't usually ask people to get both choices in a poll but this one is just about right.
Thanks! I guess the heart wants what the heart wants, I’m super excited!
Old 16 February 2023, 02:05 AM   #115
RaZCaL
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500,116610,VCO
Congratulations!
RaZCaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 02:10 AM   #116
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! I’m gonna say it early but I think you will prefer the 1815 more than the CdV. Let us know once you get both in hand and describe to us the ownership experience of both. Cheers!
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 02:32 AM   #117
trackingtime
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
congratulations! i am happy i got mine before the insane price hike, and preowned, a great deal of savings
trackingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 02:34 AM   #118
vitalsigns
"TRF" Member

Congrats! The Solomonic wisdom of the watch collector: instead of split the baby, get two babies!
vitalsigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 03:17 AM   #119
gliazzurri
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Small update, I might have gone and done a thing. I couldn't get the Lange out of my mind since the last visit so I decided to give in and went back to the boutique and placed an order for it as well I figured life's too short and I'm super fortunate to even be looking at a watch like this, and since it's a brand/watch I've wanted since I was a teenager might as well just do it while I still can. Now the 1 year wait begins.

Bonus that they brought out the Langematik Perpetual for me to see while I was there, it's a beautiful watch as well. The blue dial is killer and the micro rotor on the back is stunning. Too bad the white gold ones are all sold out.

Great to hear and congrats! You’ll love it! An instant classic timepiece to have!!!!!
gliazzurri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2023, 03:37 AM   #120
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hmmm. You created a long thread and ended up with both. LOL

Congratulations! Both are great choice and just hope that they don’t come in on the same week (which seems to be happening to me a lot lately) so you can enjoy both properly.