The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 2 February 2023, 03:40 PM   #1
Dhampsten
"TRF" Member

Recently acquired 6262 Daytona with questions…

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a 6262 that has screw down pushers. This is the only one I can find with screw down vs. plunger pushers. I wanted it regardless of the pusher situation so I went ahead and grabbed it, but wondering what the ones who know all about this model think or know about this. It has a 6239 caseback, with 6262 between the lugs. Beautiful 727 movement. Can anybody help me out with why the pushers would’ve been put on? How it affects value? Anything else I should know? Any help is appreciated! TIA. (First post and my iPhone images are too big to attach pictures….)
Dhampsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 07:57 PM   #2
antrolexsub
"TRF" Member

Why they’ve been put on is anyone’s guess. Hardly the sort of watch used for swimming so I doubt water resistance was the reason. Not difficult or too expensive (relatively speaking) to source and fit the correct pump pushers though. Hopefully the current pushers are genuine and someone hasn’t destroyed the threads by fitting cheap aftermarket versions with the wrong thread pitch.
antrolexsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 February 2023, 08:58 PM   #3
BigBlue1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: it pal !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhampsten View Post
Hey guys,

I recently acquired a 6262 that has screw down pushers. This is the only one I can find with screw down vs. plunger pushers. I wanted it regardless of the pusher situation so I went ahead and grabbed it, but wondering what the ones who know all about this model think or know about this. It has a 6239 caseback, with 6262 between the lugs. Beautiful 727 movement. Can anybody help me out with why the pushers would’ve been put on? How it affects value? Anything else I should know? Any help is appreciated! TIA. (First post and my iPhone images are too big to attach pictures….)
Pictures?

Hypochondria is the only disease I haven't got
RIP Mikey
BigBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 February 2023, 01:45 AM   #4
TuRo
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the detectives
One for Jose and Gerhard et al.

However, the 6262 uses the smaller and 'unthreaded' pre-oyster case of c 36.5-37mm (with reduced waterproofness).... than the larger 'threaded' Oyster case of 37.5mm (typically 6263/65 and the earliest 6240), that those retro-fitted pushers would be fitted to normally. I'd be a bit concerned that the case will have been, let's say, 'persuaded' to take those threaded pushers !

Like to see a photo of whole watch and the type e.g. 01/02/03 of pusher fitted as it's quite odd indeed.
And we're waiting here in Allentown....
ALLENTOWN - Billy Joel
TuRo is online now   Reply With Quote