The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 January 2021, 02:34 PM   #61
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Watch: Cartier
Icon4 GB Takes it All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothroyd View Post
It matters not.
I suspect that Green Bay will win the Superbowl this year.
Old 17 January 2021, 02:36 PM   #62
Diablo9489
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126621, 118238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
I agree with your assessment, using your Star QB to RPO is a nail biter for sure.

On another note:

Watched the game. It played out as I suspected.

I can see a good game (probably) between Buffalo and KC (assuming KC wins tomorrow).

Josh Allen is an amazing competitor and I enjoyed watching him play. I did not realize he was a (drafted) as a 7th rounder !!??!!!!!! What a steal. What a scoop! It´s like winning the Lotto.

I was bummed to see Lamar Jackson get concussed and I hope he pulls thru.

I felt the game between Rams against GB was a bit boring. All most not at the same level.

:c heers:

He was drafted as the 7th overall pick in the first round.
Baker Mayfield 1st overall
Sam Darnold 3rd overall
Allen 7th overall
Josh Rosen 10th overall
Lamar Jackson 32nd overall

All first round QB picks in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diablo9489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 02:44 PM   #63
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_KNIGHT View Post
I agree with your assessment, using your Star QB to RPO is a nail biter for sure.

On another note:

Watched the game. It played out as I suspected.

I can see a good game (probably) between Buffalo and KC (assuming KC wins tomorrow).

Josh Allen is an amazing competitor and I enjoyed watching him play. I did not realize he was a (drafted) as a 7th rounder !!??!!!!!! What a steal. What a scoop! It´s like winning the Lotto.

I was bummed to see Lamar Jackson get concussed and I hope he pulls thru.

I felt the game between Rams against GB was a bit boring. All most not at the same level.

:c heers:
allen was drafted 7th overall and in reality wasn't a steal. he came in really raw and was pretty bad. even last year when he got a lot better he still had a lot of bad decision making but showed flashes of what could be. huge props to him for not giving up and the bills staff for their development and his huge jump this year

last year he had 3000 yards thrown with a 59% completion rate and 20-9 td int ratio. this year its 4500, 69%, 37-10 td int ratio. went from average to an mvp level season

mahomes is a steal because he went 10th and got mvp in his first playing season lol. lamar is a huge steal too, shame he had no team around him this year
huncho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 03:49 PM   #64
Boothroyd
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Wilsdorf(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Packers fan from Minneapolis lol
15%+ of the NFL fan base in MN are Packers fans, fyi. A lot of cross-state movement. College in WI, career in the Twin Cities of MN. Causes a lot of bad blood with the locals.

Being a Packers "owner" and having met Lombardi on a couple of occasions as I kid...I am bona fide!
Old 18 January 2021, 01:35 AM   #65
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
15%+ of the NFL fan base in MN are Packers fans, fyi. A lot of cross-state movement. College in WI, career in the Twin Cities of MN. Causes a lot of bad blood with the locals.

Being a Packers "owner" and having met Lombardi on a couple of occasions as I kid...I am bona fide!

I didn’t know that. Must make for entertaining conversations at the pub lol

Packers obviously look fantastic this year. Good luck
Old 18 January 2021, 04:29 AM   #66
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Congrats to you Bills Fans! Just MHO, but I would be rooting for the Browns today, it will be incredibly difficult to beat the Chiefs next week
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:06 AM   #67
crew
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
Congrats to you Bills Fans! Just MHO, but I would be rooting for the Browns today, it will be incredibly difficult to beat the Chiefs next week
Appreciate the good wishes Paul. No doubt the Chiefs will be a very, very tough out for anyone. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t care who won today’s game. However I’m sure the Bills will be ready to play either team next week. All the remaining teams are tough at this point. As they say, any given Sunday.....

Go Bills!
crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 05:59 AM   #68
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post

The browns have been playing out of their cleats lately and the chiefs while always dangerous have been sitting on their hands for 2+ weeks.

That said I’d def prefer the browns as we would host which is important. Rooting for the dog pound today.
Old 18 January 2021, 06:53 AM   #69
AdamW
"TRF" Member

Watch: this space
A lifelong Pats fan but this year I'm rooting for the Bills! Cinderella story!

" I don't have a microwave oven but I do have a clock that occasionally cooks $h!t" - Mitch Hedburgh
AdamW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:03 AM   #70
tritium8
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
I haven’t been able to sit still all day. I’m drinking a Labatt Blue and just finished prepping my wings.

I know it's a watch forum but those wings!!!

Also, Go Saints!
tritium8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:16 AM   #71
Boothroyd

Average concussion protocol time in the NFL these last few seasons has been 19 days. Mahomes is highly unlikely to play against the Bills next week, given how the NFL has been handling these situations.
Old 18 January 2021, 09:25 AM   #72
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
The Bills are a good story...

But Go Chiefs!

(unreal play call on 4th and inches)

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 09:32 AM   #73
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Any fellow Buffalo Bills fans as amped as I am?

Andy Reid is yoda lol

Great save by the chiefs. Play of the game was the forced fumble through the endzone.

At this point every team means business so might as well go to KC and prove it if we want a shot at the SB.
Old 19 January 2021, 02:27 AM   #74
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:
Packers fan from Minneapolis lol
thought the same, really quite pathetic !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:06 PM   #75
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116600 SD4K
Any fellow Buffalo Bills fans as amped as I am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium8 View Post
I know it's a watch forum but those wings!!!

Also, Go Saints!

Go figure...I’m a portly chap from Buffalo who is good with the wings...totally plays into the stereotype.

I was bummed about the Saints. My wife and I got married in NOLA and I have a soft spot for them! Great season and they’ll be beasts again next year.

I’m beyond ecstatic about my Bills tho! This will be the third time we’ve played the Chiefs for the right to play in the Super Bowl. First time didn’t work out great, but the Chiefs got thumped by the Packers. The second time, we gave them a beating, then Dallas handed us our asses for the second time in a row.

The upcoming will be really tough and I hope Mahomes plays. It would be amazing to go regardless, but I’d like to see us beat the best in the business to get there. That’s gonna be a tall order, no doubt.

Coach McDermott has our guys humble and hungry. I am absolutely nuts about this team - these kids are GOOD. 🦬

MickCollins1916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 12:11 PM   #76
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Andy Reid is yoda lol

Great save by the chiefs. Play of the game was the forced fumble through the endzone.

At this point every team means business so might as well go to KC and prove it if we want a shot at the SB.

Yea, Andy Reid’s got guts, loved that 4th and inches call at the end. Their offense is generally ridiculous and their red zone defense is no joke, so this will be a serious test.

If we can go on the road and dethrone the champs, that will prove we aren’t screwing around about it. I think Allen is on a mission and I like the fact he’s a gamer. Totally gives us a shot every week.
Old 19 January 2021, 12:12 PM   #77
Boothroyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickCollins1916 View Post
Go figure...I’m a portly chap from Buffalo who is good with the wings...totally plays into the stereotype.

I was bummed about the Saints. My wife and I got married in NOLA and I have a soft spot for them! Great season and they’ll be beasts again next year.

I’m beyond ecstatic about my Bills tho! This will be the third time we’ve played the Chiefs for the right to play in the Super Bowl. First time didn’t work out great, but the Chiefs got thumped by the Packers. The second time, we gave them a beating, then Dallas handed us our asses for the second time in a row.

The upcoming will be really tough and I hope Mahomes plays. It would be amazing to go regardless, but I’d like to see us beat the best in the business to get there. That’s gonna be a tall order, no doubt.

Coach McDermott has our guys humble and hungry. I am absolutely nuts about this team - these kids are GOOD. 🦬

I confess, I don't get the table smashing bit. I know it's popular in Buffalo.
Old 19 January 2021, 12:20 PM   #78
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I confess, I don't get the table smashing bit. I know it's popular in Buffalo.

Yea, it’s a thing with #BillsMafia, but I’m with you on that - I don’t get it.

I’m too old for such shenanigans, but honestly, had that nonsense started when I was far younger and still lived there...I might have been game.

The other thing that I can get on board with that Bills fans do is donate to opposing players’ favorite charities. We’ve raised over $350k (so far) for a charity Baltimore QB Lamar Jackson is involved with after he left the game with a concussion Saturday.

We’ve done stuff like that a number of times - after a Cincinnati QB’s TD pass put us into the playoffs, or in response to a dbag Baltimore talk radio clown saying negative things about Buffalo, etc. Classy way to respond, instead of responding in kind.

Our fans are crazy, but Buffalo is called the “City of Good Neighbors” for a reason.
Old 20 January 2021, 05:04 AM   #79
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Icon20 Stand Corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo9489 View Post
He was drafted as the 7th overall pick in the first round.
Baker Mayfield 1st overall
Sam Darnold 3rd overall
Allen 7th overall
Josh Rosen 10th overall
Lamar Jackson 32nd overall

All first round QB picks in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I stand corrected. Thank you.

His development has been stellar for sure. I was not following Buffalo as much until I kept reading about his performance. Buffalo is lucky to have to him.

Class act for sure.
Old 20 January 2021, 05:12 AM   #80
DARK_KNIGHT
"TRF" Member

Icon20

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
allen was drafted 7th overall and in reality wasn't a steal. he came in really raw and was pretty bad. even last year when he got a lot better he still had a lot of bad decision making but showed flashes of what could be. huge props to him for not giving up and the bills staff for their development and his huge jump this year

last year he had 3000 yards thrown with a 59% completion rate and 20-9 td int ratio. this year its 4500, 69%, 37-10 td int ratio. went from average to an mvp level season

mahomes is a steal because he went 10th and got mvp in his first playing season lol. lamar is a huge steal too, shame he had no team around him this year

Ok, I stand corrected. 7th overall in the 1st RD.

This coming weekend will be interesting, with some incredible match-ups.

The Teams with the least mistakes will have the greater opportunity for success (my thoughts).

I am thinking that if Mahomes does not play..........the Bills will win.

If Tampa Bay´s defense can stop RODGERS........they just might pull the rabbit out of the hat.

I am excited.

Old 21 January 2021, 05:54 AM   #81
twitch54
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1888 Appleton Trac
Quote:

gotcha, that explains it !

Go Pack, Go Bills !
twitch54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2021, 11:01 AM   #82
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I hope we get the chance to play the chiefs with mahomes because I honestly think we can beat them. Certainly not making guarantees because they are sensational but at this point we aren’t afraid of anyone.

It would really be something if we get the chance to beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl after 20 years of him beating the crap out of us lol
Old 21 January 2021, 11:31 AM   #83
Boothroyd

Quote:
I hope we get the chance to play the chiefs with mahomes because I honestly think we can beat them. Certainly not making guarantees because they are sensational but at this point we aren’t afraid of anyone.

It would really be something if we get the chance to beat Tom Brady in a Super Bowl after 20 years of him beating the crap out of us lol
I think both the NFC and AFC Championship games are truly up for grabs. Play each game 1000 times, one side wins 550 times. Don't remember feeling this way in the last few years. Turnovers and the bounce of the ball may determine each.
Old 21 January 2021, 03:38 PM   #84
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think both the NFC and AFC Championship games are truly up for grabs. Play each game 1000 times, one side wins 550 times. Don't remember feeling this way in the last few years. Turnovers and the bounce of the ball may determine each.

I agree it’s quite an exiting finish. I am convinced the packers will take the NFC but Brady is like a cockroach you can’t kill him come January. He’s made his career winning games he appeared overmatched in.

Obviously Pat and the chiefs will be favored if he’s on the field and that’s earned but I’m 100% sure we are the best team in the AFC to challenge them.

I can’t wait to watch both games and I don’t even think I’ll bet them because there is already enough excitement in store.
Old 22 January 2021, 02:19 AM   #85
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post

One other interesting item to note is that we traded the 10th pick to KC in 2017, and that’s the pick they used to draft Mahomes. Normally, missing out on a generational talent/MVP would be franchise-altering in a bad way.

But the picks received in exchange ultimately became pro bowl CB Tre’Davious White, pro bowl LB Tremaine Edmunds, pro bowler (and potential MVP) Josh Allen, and Bills’ special teams ace Siran Neal, if I recall correctly.

It may be the rare win-win sort of situation, where everyone ends up pleased. Would Mahomes have been the MVP in his second year with the talent the Bills had at the time, had we drafted him? We’ll never know, but it seems like everyone ended up where they should be. He’s amazing to watch and it obviously was a great fit for the champs.

Allen may be from California, but he’s a Buffalo guy through and through. He seems to love the city and we love him back. It’s a great fit and his improvement from year two to year three was incredible to see.
Old 22 January 2021, 02:27 AM   #86
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I agree. I want the Bills to compete against the best there is and *if* we are able to win against Mahomes, that would be ideal, as a potential W wouldn’t feel diluted as it might by his absence.

Winning in KC is a tall order, but our Bills are incredibly talented and we’re the right team to give them a run for their money. We can definitely beat them.

I don’t want to get out in front of things and I’m not making any assumptions, etc., but if we were to play Brady in a Super Bowl, I’d be both terrified and excited. A win on that stage would somewhat mitigate the pain of all the ass whippings we got from him when he was in NE.

At this point, I just want us to get there and I’d be elated with a SB win against whomever we have to play. After all the years of Bills ineptitude, the fact it’s actually a legit possibility at this point is so very appreciated. When I was a kid, we were consistently good, so this run really gives me feelings of pleasant nostalgia.
Old 22 January 2021, 02:53 AM   #87
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Thought I'd attempt to bring this back to watches

20210121_115208.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 03:28 AM   #88
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Thought I'd attempt to bring this back to watches

Attachment 1198385

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

niiiiiice.
Old 22 January 2021, 09:43 AM   #89
SemperFi
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I’m a Giants fan but as long as they’re not in the playoffs I’m rooting for the Bills.
Hope they finally win it.
Tudor Ranger 79910
Nomos Club Datum 733
Nomos Metro 38
Stowa Flieger Classic 40

* Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons *
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2021, 10:08 AM   #90
MickCollins1916
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
I’m a Giants fan but as long as they’re not in the playoffs I’m rooting for the Bills.
Hope they finally win it.

Thanks, Angelo, we’ll take all the support we can get!