The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2021, 11:11 PM   #1
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
Watch Recon??

Since the forum updgrade is watch recon not working for anyone else?

Just curious, that is the easiest most efficient way to look at watches for sale.

I know TRF and watch recon are not affiliated which each other

Thanks!
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 11:20 PM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Chrono24 is probably the easiest source online as they list thousands of watches from around the world.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 11:28 PM   #3
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
I have found Watch recon to be very helpful.
I haven’t used it for a couple of weeks

c24 is a bit quicker to navigate but the listings are comparatively not as well curated.
Often prices that are very ambitious
Old 17 January 2021, 11:48 PM   #4
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
WatchRecon works for me.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2021, 11:49 PM   #5
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

My go to is watchrecon
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:01 AM   #6
colpol
"TRF" Member

Works for me ok too
colpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:43 AM   #7
Brenngun

Watch: Rolex & Tudor
Still working for me.

Brenngun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 01:45 AM   #8
rushca01
"TRF" Member

It still works for me when searching TRF but it hasn’t “updated” any listings for 3 days.
Old 18 January 2021, 03:34 AM   #9
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
It still works for me when searching TRF but it hasn’t “updated” any listings for 3 days.
delete cookies. cookie monster got you.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 03:41 AM   #10
zengineer
"TRF" Member

Watchrecon is a collection of forum listings as you may know...a search engine and I think a very good one. The founder has an interesting story. Chrono24 is a commercial site and useful to gauge street price and availability but generally a completely different group of dealer offered and FSBO watches.

Sent from my Motorola Bag Phone
zengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 04:30 AM   #11
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
WatchRecon is great. Fun just exploring different watches. It’s a great aggregator and useful tool to also self-appraise average selling prices of a particular model.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:36 PM   #12
zaydans
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 116710
Watch Recon app is working fine for me
zaydans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2021, 12:56 PM   #13
TAKUYA
⭐⭐⭐⭐2024 DATE-JUST41 sponsor & Boutique Seller

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
Since the forum updgrade is watch recon not working for anyone else?

Just curious, that is the easiest most efficient way to look at watches for sale.

I know TRF and watch recon are not affiliated which each other

Thanks!
I talked to Sam/Sy (owner). He said he needs to update the base OS on the server to fix the issue... He is an intelligent guy, a great friend, & a great guy. He created watchrecon just for FUN (non profits at all) and also doesn't plan to sell watchrecon even he got some good offers for it.

Instagram @takuyawatches
TAKUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2021, 03:46 AM   #14
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKUYA View Post
I talked to Sam/Sy (owner). He said he needs to update the base OS on the server to fix the issue... He is an intelligent guy, a great friend, & a great guy. He created watchrecon just for FUN (non profits at all) and also doesn't plan to sell watchrecon even he got some good offers for it.
Awesome, so I’m NOT crazy. It’s a great resource and I use to exclusively search TRF.
Old 19 January 2021, 05:55 AM   #15
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAKUYA View Post
Thanks for info. Please pass along From the watch community, “thank you very much Sam. “
Old 19 January 2021, 07:07 AM   #16
Laszlo

Watch: Date & No Date
I’m curious what’s not working on iOS.

I noticed if the toggle for lazy loading in Safari settings (beta settings) is enabled, the product thumbnails don’t render. Same thing happens on DSW’s site and I think Sohais. It’s weird and pretty sure it’s default on for iOS14.2,3 and 4. They may not know this, that some customers can’t see the products.

Paul Henreid as Victor Laszlo in Casablanca
Laszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 02:36 PM   #17
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Any updates? I think its no longer showing
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2021, 04:52 PM   #18
CS-Watch-Services
2024 Pledge Member

I am curious about this too.

To be clear, the issue I am seeing is WatchRecon is not pulling results from TRF. The most recent search results on Watch Recon that are from TRF was Jan 14.
I'm hoping the issue gets patched because like most everyone here I use Watch Recon mostly to search TRF.
CS-Watch-Services is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2021, 01:51 PM   #19
sammysy
"TRF" Member

Apologies for not coming here to update everyone on this thread. Just 20 minutes ago, I was able to put together a temporary fix to resume indexing rolexforums. Listings are being backfilled as we speak.

Two weeks ago, watchrecon started encountering an SSL issue connecting to rolexforums. Other sites were unaffected so I wasn't sure what happened initially. Long story short, the OpenSSL client library used by the watchrecon crawler was a bit too old, and unfortunately the only long term fix available was updating the server linux operating system entirely.

To do an OS update without disrupting WatchRecon service requires planning and time. Not only that, I need to update some code in preparation for the OS update as well, and test those changes carefully. Nevertheless, now that there's a temporary solution, everything should be seamless for watchrecon users.

Once again, apologies for not fixing the issue sooner and also leaving everyone hanging without an update in the mean time. Thanks for your long time support for the site!
sammysy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2021, 03:40 PM   #20
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysy View Post
Apologies for not coming here to update everyone on this thread. Just 20 minutes ago, I was able to put together a temporary fix to resume indexing rolexforums. Listings are being backfilled as we speak.

Two weeks ago, watchrecon started encountering an SSL issue connecting to rolexforums. Other sites were unaffected so I wasn't sure what happened initially. Long story short, the OpenSSL client library used by the watchrecon crawler was a bit too old, and unfortunately the only long term fix available was updating the server linux operating system entirely.

To do an OS update without disrupting WatchRecon service requires planning and time. Not only that, I need to update some code in preparation for the OS update as well, and test those changes carefully. Nevertheless, now that there's a temporary solution, everything should be seamless for watchrecon users.

Once again, apologies for not fixing the issue sooner and also leaving everyone hanging without an update in the mean time. Thanks for your long time support for the site!
No, thank you for such a great resource.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 February 2021, 04:19 PM   #21
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:

Thank you
Old 4 February 2021, 11:10 PM   #22
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you! It would be interesting to see how much sales “dropped” (no way to really ever know) during this period. I ONLY use watchrecon to pull the listings from TRF, just recently switched to watch u seek but will be moving it back. I find TRF easier to navigate the sellers.

Thank you for such a great service.
Old 5 February 2021, 06:03 AM   #23
Fredrik
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1680
Your first post after more than 11 years... Wow.
Fredrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2021, 06:06 AM   #24
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:

That’s fantastic Sam, thank you and welcome to the forum
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 February 2021, 01:28 PM   #25
DeeTee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Netflix
It don’t work....
DeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote