The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 January 2024, 09:49 PM   #1
Tbird
"TRF" Member

Adjustment/service question

I made a phone call with my AD to have my datejust adjusted for running slow, but they asked me to also bring my warranty card when it needs to be sent away for further work due to it. Is this normal practice? If a watch would get lost or anything, the watch + the card is lost.
Maybe Im overly cautious?
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:55 PM   #2
JC316
"TRF" Member

They just need to verify the card with the watch. They will not keep the card.
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 09:56 PM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird View Post
I made a phone call with my AD to have my datejust adjusted for running slow, but they asked me to also bring my warranty card when it needs to be sent away for further work due to it. Is this normal practice? If a watch would get lost or anything, the watch + the card is lost.
Maybe Im overly cautious?
What movement is in your DJ and by how much is it running slow and what are your wearing habits like is the watch worn everyday.And they need the card for any warranty work to verify the card with the watch card will be returned.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 11:26 PM   #4
Tbird
"TRF" Member

3235 movement, when daily wearing -10sec/day. When not wearing about -4sec/day. I just would like to have it run faster.
Old 24 January 2024, 11:37 PM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
3235 movement, when daily wearing -10sec/day. When not wearing about -4sec/day. I just would like to have it run faster.
Very strange more slow when wearing over when not wearing,have you ever given your watch a full manual wind try giving 40 full crown turns clockwise only might get it better.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2024, 11:54 PM   #6
Tbird
"TRF" Member

I did already. Many times. It has been slow since I bought if 2 yrs ago, it can really performe better, so I think I need a trip to the garage...
Old 24 January 2024, 11:56 PM   #7
Dave O
"TRF" Member

Yes, this is normal. If they happened to lose both the watch and the card, the card would be the last thing I would be worried about.
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 01:41 AM   #8
Tbird
"TRF" Member

I brought it in for an adjustment today. Their first check reading gave a minus 20sec/day! They will do a movement service, under warranty of course. We will see in about 4 weeks.
Old 28 January 2024, 02:35 AM   #9
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
My AD just made a copy of the card when sending in my watches for work. I always took my card home when i left the watch. Are they saying they will send the card with the watch or are they only saying you should take it with you when you bring in the watch at the AD?
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 02:50 AM   #10
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Perfectly normal. In fact, if you bypass AD and send yourself directly to Rolex (as some of us do), you have to send the warranty card to them along with the watch (if sending for warranty work).
When warranty service is completed, they’ll return both to you.
Old 28 January 2024, 03:25 AM   #11
Tbird
"TRF" Member

They took a copy of the warranty card and gave it back. Maybe they also made a digital note on the chip that a service will be done? hope the issue will be resolved, and the possible "32xx issues" will be repaired, the 3235 will work flawlessly for the next decade or two.
Old 28 January 2024, 03:32 AM   #12
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Rolex used to require the actual card be sent with the watch, now it seems they are okay with just a copy of it. It is returned anyway so it’s a non issue.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 January 2024, 03:43 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
They took a copy of the warranty card and gave it back. Maybe they also made a digital note on the chip that a service will be done? hope the issue will be resolved, and the possible "32xx issues" will be repaired, the 3235 will work flawlessly for the next decade or two.
It'll be serviced and all good.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote