The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 13 August 2010, 10:03 PM   #1
corvette00
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub16610,DateJust
Joma Shop

Has anyone purchased a new watch from this operation? What was your experience?
corvette00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Maxseven
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I've read spotty reports about them. Better to buy from DAVIDSW here on the forum.
Hooper: Watch it! Damn it, Martin! This is compressed air! Martin: Well what the hell kind of a knot was that! Hooper: You pulled the wrong one! You screw around with these tanks and they're going to blow up!

Maxseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2010, 11:03 PM   #3
Hansch99
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M, 116200
I bought from them and had a good experience, but before I knew any better. Now I know you can get a Rolex or an Omega from a number of trusted dealers on here (DavidSW, among others, for Rolex, JMSRolls's FAD for Omega), both for less money and with a manufacturer's warranty.

Other caveat: I bought a quartz Omega from them, so I knew there was less chance of a warranty problem. I don't think I'd buy any automatic from Jomashop or any other grey market dealer unless it was a terrific deal.
Hansch99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 12:51 AM   #4
AWS
"TRF" Member

I bought a Luminox model from Joma several months ago on Amazon. As soon as I put it on my wrist, I decided it wasn't for me. I had to call Joma to get a Return Authorization# before sending back. After several attempted calls and emails, I still didn't have the RA#. I filed a complaint through the Amazon site and promptly received a call from the owner. He was very apologetic for my troubles and even refunded the shipping cost.

I was happy in the end but would only buy through Amazon where the merchants pay attention to their ratings.
AWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 03:36 AM   #5
Michael M.
Banned

Icon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxseven View Post
I've read spotty reports about them. Better to buy from DAVIDSW here on the forum.
I've read mixed reviews on them to. "BUYER BEWARE!"
Michael M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 August 2010, 06:11 AM   #6
AWS
"TRF" Member

I should clarify my earlier post that I was talking about a watch under $300. I would never buy something in the Rolex or Omega range from Joma Shop. I would only buy from one of the trusted TRF Sellers or AD.
AWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2010, 10:05 PM   #7
jeff hess
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Ball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansch99 View Post
I bought from them and had a good experience, but before I knew any better. Now I know you can get a Rolex or an Omega from a number of trusted dealers on here (DavidSW, among others, for Rolex, JMSRolls's FAD for Omega), both for less money and with a manufacturer's warranty.

Other caveat: I bought a quartz Omega from them, so I knew there was less chance of a warranty problem. I don't think I'd buy any automatic from Jomashop or any other grey market dealer unless it was a terrific deal.

Omega and Swatch have made it clear that there is no waranty on gray market watches. Sorry.

Jeff
jeff hess is offline   Reply With Quote