The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15 April 2024, 03:38 PM   #1
raycover
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710LN
Trading a 116520 for a 116610LV?

Hello everybody. I’ve been thinking about trading my black dial 116520 Daytona for a 116610LV Submariner, or what I like to call the Double Green Submariner (Green dial and green bezel). My reasons for trading the Daytona for the Sub would be as follows -

1. Reading the Daytona in lowlight is pretty hard for me, and I have good eyes. It’s especially hard to read how long I’ve been timing something with those small sub dials. It could be easier to time my walks with the Sub and just forget about timing anything longer than an hour with my watch, which is a drawback.

2. I like to wear my watches everywhere, whether it be in the house or at work and a Sub is more of a work watch.

3. I really would like a watch with the chromalight lume

4. The glidelock clasp is fantastic for when it’s hot and humid out and you need to loosen up your bracelet to make it just right, much better than having just the half link adjustment available on the Daytona.

Those are my thoughts, what would you do? Do you think that’s a good decision? And I’m not factoring money into this because it would be a trade to someone who plans on selling their 116610LV (no box or papers - mint) so instead of them selling it I figured I’d offer to trade them my 116520 (box and papers - very lightly worn). They’re a close family member so all I care is that they make out on the deal, from my calculations they’d make a bit more selling the 116520 full box and paper, how right am I on that? Can I have everyone’s thoughts?

Last edited by raycover; 15 April 2024 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: Grammar
raycover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
116520 , 116610lv , daytona , submariner