The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 6 August 2021, 07:24 PM   #1
universaldav
"TRF" Member

616 or 335

Hey guys. Long story short, being held to ransom by watchfinder over a faulty watch they sold me but will not refund as it is now past that timescale. Will fight this but in the meantime I’m thinking of changing the watch.
I’m currently looking at the 616 and the 335, both great looking watches. Im not in a position to try these on either. Im a pretty broad guy but have smaller wrists, though quite flat in shape, the 616 lug to lug is 58mm which is pretty much my whole wrist. My previous watch was a radiomir which was a great fit.
I’ve seen both watches before in a boutique in the displays and the size of the 616 didn’t daunt me at all, looked wearable. Aesthetically I love the look of both watches as well, also having previously owned the rad I like the variation in straps available for that size and have straps which would fit the 616. Any thoughts welcome.
universaldav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 12:54 PM   #2
arnage
"TRF" Member

If one or the other, I think the 335 has a more versatile look. I personally am not a big fan (yet?..) of the panerai submersible lineup.

Certainly a bit biased, as I have a 335. Given that it's 44mm and you have some concerns over sizing, the 335 sounds like it might be more practical.
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 01:02 PM   #3
JeffP
"TRF" Member

Tough choices. I just got a 335 a few weeks ago and haven't taken it off since then. It has great presence and I actually think the thickness adds to the appeal. Have a 692 which does wear considerably larger on my wrist. Get a brown strap too if you get the 335, completes the look.
JeffP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 04:43 PM   #4
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

I can share an experience I had with the 616. I saw it online and loved the look. Saw it in window of AD in Caribbean and loved it. Finally tried on in AD in Florida and was certain this was a great watch. I bought from grey dealer a week later and within 24 hours realized this was not a watch I wanted to keep. Luckily worked a deal to return / trade. But to me the watch had terrible legibility. The size of the indices coupled with the yellow tone of markers made it really hard for my old eyes to tell the time. Also, I found the lume very poor.

Fast forward about 6 months and I end up with a 979. This watch never comes off my wrist. It is the best watch I’ve ever owned.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 August 2021, 09:04 PM   #5
universaldav
"TRF" Member

Thanks for advice. Actually just managed to try on a 616, felt perfect on my wrist tbh I really liked it. Lugs sat perfectly in line with the edges of my wrist, really didn’t look or feel like a 47. Tried on a 979 as well, again a lovely watch but I don’t have the opportunity for one of those at the moment. I guess if I go with the 616 I have my rad straps that will work with it.
Old 8 August 2021, 03:49 AM   #6
waterman1
2024 Pledge Member

The 616 is a really cool watch and I find the carbotech to be a great material for the Panerai 47mm. It makes it wear a lot smaller. You will forget you have it on.
waterman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 August 2021, 04:35 AM   #7
universaldav
"TRF" Member

Yes, for me it was one of those watches you put on and it instantly feels right.
Old 9 August 2021, 07:08 AM   #8
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The 616 is what I would choose. The Carbotech is it’s own feel and you will never want to take it off.
Old 13 August 2021, 02:58 AM   #9
universaldav
"TRF" Member

616 arrived today. I love it, fits great but could do with a rubber strap in XS, have they stopped making the accordion style in XS? Will update with a photo soon.
Old 17 August 2021, 09:01 AM   #10
Bill2
Banned

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by universaldav View Post
616 arrived today. I love it, fits great but could do with a rubber strap in XS, have they stopped making the accordion style in XS? Will update with a photo soon.
That would have been my pick, congrats!
Bill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 August 2021, 12:35 AM   #11
universaldav
"TRF" Member

[IMG]9CBA41F4-134C-4844-969E-785FF1C7CBA8 by , on Flickr[/IMG]