The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 March 2024, 09:13 PM   #121
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
Yes. But they sometimes do leave the white tag in the box. Ditto the bezel protector. The tag you must have with the watch is the green tag. No new Rolex is sold without it.
Have it on good authority if you do not have the white tag and all the other bits of mostly useless plastic the watch will self destruct within two weeks of ownership.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 12:30 AM   #122
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have it on good authority if you do not have the white tag and all the other bits of mostly useless plastic the watch will self destruct within two weeks of ownership.
Old 9 March 2024, 02:03 AM   #123
Deppe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Blueface View Post
I guess my collection is worthless since I don’t have one single white tag for any of my watches, all but one purchased at AD.
Oh well.
Imagine the wrath of all the Rolex thieves, when they try to sell the watches they stole, but can't because they are missing this essential white plastic hangtag!
Deppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 02:09 AM   #124
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Until you service your white Daytona and find out it was a dial swap from black.
Well at one time this was possible and was done by RSC, cannot see what difference it would make it you have paperwork from Rolex stating it's been done.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 9 March 2024, 11:02 AM   #125
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Until you service your white Daytona and find out it was a dial swap from black.
What is wrong with that?
I have had watches that I have changed the original dial when serviced by Rolex to another variant offered for same reference. How does that create an authentication issue?
Where has logic gone with all this “white tag” stuff?
Old 9 March 2024, 07:12 PM   #126
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What is wrong with that?
I have had watches that I have changed the original dial when serviced by Rolex to another variant offered for same reference. How does that create an authentication issue?
He means an aftermarket white dial not an original Rolex white dial.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 07:22 PM   #127
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I heard that too, but I think it was from you.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 08:44 PM   #128
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
He means an aftermarket white dial not an original Rolex white dial.
What complete rubbish Rolex would not put a aftermarket anything in one of there watches a aftermarket dial would be a fake dial because it's not made by a Rolex company.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club

Old 9 March 2024, 09:17 PM   #129
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What complete rubbish Rolex would not put a aftermarket anything in one of there watches a aftermarket dial would be a fake dial because it's not made by a Rolex company.
Some put an aftermarket white dial in their black dial Daytona because it's the sought after dial then sell it, because the white dial fetches a bigger margin. I thought you knew that Padi, strange comment from from you. You should be educating people here about this stuff with all the experience you have. Nobody said Rolex puts fake dials. This happens with sought after OP dials and green Daytonas too.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2024, 10:19 PM   #130
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manamana View Post
Some put an aftermarket white dial in their black dial Daytona because it's the sought after dial then sell it, because the white dial fetches a bigger margin. I thought you knew that Padi, strange comment from from you. You should be educating people here about this stuff with all the experience you have. Nobody said Rolex puts fake dials. This happens with sought after OP dials and green Daytonas too.
Quote:
What is wrong with that?

And how do you know that have you experienced this yourself or is it just hearsay what you seen on the net.And you replied to a post where the poster stated he had dials changed by Rolex themselves.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club