The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 12 July 2011, 06:47 PM   #1
usngoat

compass for band

Alright so I had an uncle when I was a child that wore a sub every single day as long as I remember knowing him. He had a black rubber compass on the band that for some reason caught my attention. I have followed suit with that on all my daily beater watches and use them when hiking hunting or fishing so they do provide a purpose. I would like to have the same for my new rolex but I have not been able to find anything in stainless that could be put on my band to match the watch. Am I really going to have to follow my late uncle's lead and rock the two dollar compass on a very nice watch? Damn sure not above me cause like I said it provides a purpose. Thanks for your help.
usngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2011, 09:35 AM   #2
mastermixer
"TRF" Member

I have only heard of the small plastic side compasses that would slide onto a rubber strap. Even if you found one in stainless it would have to match the Oyster Bracelet link. Even then the links closest to the watch head are not removable so the compass would have to be under your wrist.

I would think the only way to get a side compass onto you sub would be to solder one onto your bracelet.
mastermixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Grumpy Badger
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M Sub (cosc)
I've seen Breitling watches with a compass built into the strap, both leather and bracelets... I'm not sure if they do a 20mm option or whether one could be adapted but it might be worth looking into.

"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill KG, OM, CH, TD, PC, DL, FRS.
Grumpy Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 July 2011, 09:56 PM   #4
Scunner
"TRF" Member

Watch: the Weather
There are loads of 'button' compasses available, I don't know if any are available in metal though as the oil filled black plastic type are more useful to those which use them for E&E (weight, noise, etc). A suggestion is to change the bracelet for a Nato strap and use a slip on button type.
Scunner is offline   Reply With Quote