The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 24 June 2012, 07:02 PM   #31
kkwn98
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
it appears this will be a redundant conversation, but i will try to answer the best i can:

1. yes, i do believe as an individual sales person, regardless if he works for someone else with a mandate to sell, he should be honest with his customers and at a minimum answer questions honestly instead of providing answers that are pure fluff. it would greatly help me to be able to purchase something else from him as it establishes trust. i sell a lot of things and i would absolutely tell one of my customers not to buy something if it appeared to be off, as was the case with this watch.
Fair enough. But if I were an employed sales assistant and I had a watch to sell (which worked fine but was not in great condition), I would still sell it, on an "as seen" basis. That's the point I'm making. But I agree with you in that I wouldn't try to make up reasons as to why it's actually meant to be in that condition. I wouldn't give someone any B.S. about it.

Quote:

2. i looked at half a dozen different watches before seeing this one in what they call the certified pre-owned case. i had every intention of potentially buying it when i asked to see it. based on your question, is appears you think i should have just put it down instead of asking him questions. i was not even sure he was aware of the issue when i asked if he saw what i saw. and when it was clear that he did see it i was surprised by his answers. it did not appear to be a "waste of time" as i like ask questions before i make a purchase.
Actually, yes. Once you see the poor condition and the high price, you know you're not going to buy. Getting an answer or explanation won't really change that.

Quote:
really seems pretty simple to me. not sure where all of your challenges are coming from. it honestly appears as though you are saying he should have lied and told me all was OK with that watch, just to make the sale, when clearly, the watch is in sub-par condition.
Not at all. Just saying an employee doesn't really get to pick and choose what his employer tells him to sell. I agree he shouldn't lie or make stuff up though.
kkwn98 is offline   Reply With Quote