The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 August 2022, 11:11 AM   #1
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

‘Freebies’ from the AD

I’m sure over the years you’ve all picked up the catalogue from an AD, but what have you managed to walk out the door with (besides a new watch)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 12:20 PM   #2
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
I have received traveller's cases (single, double, quad compartments), loupes, books, ties, scarves, pens and pastries from my AD.

Last year I received this "Year of the Tiger" globe from my AD. It was inspired by the 2021 Patek Rare Handcrafts - Tigers dome clock (there is a Calatrava cross amongst the trees if we look closely). This was made by Charlotte Bourrus and I thought this one was pretty special.

IMG_28122021_131530_(800_x_1050_pixel).jpg
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 12:36 PM   #3
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I have received traveller's cases (single, double, quad compartments), loupes, books, ties, scarves, pens and pastries from my AD.

Last year I received this "Year of the Tiger" globe inspired by the 2021 Patek Rare Handcrafts - Tigers dome clock (there is a Calatrava cross amongst the trees if we look closely). It was made by Charlotte Bourrus and I thought this one was pretty special.

Attachment 1314548

That is very very nice mate.

Patek must really like you, with my 5980 PP gave me a paper bag

Old 26 August 2022, 12:47 PM   #4
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmdh View Post
That is very very nice mate.

Patek must really like you, with my 5980 PP gave me a paper bag
Thanks buddy, that globe was a gift from my AD, not Patek.

Patek does organise events, lunches and dinners for collectors from time to time, which is great too.
Old 26 August 2022, 12:48 PM   #5
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Last year I received this "Year of the Tiger" globe from my AD. It was inspired by the 2021 Patek Rare Handcrafts - Tigers dome clock (there is a Calatrava cross amongst the trees if we look closely). This was made by Charlotte Bourrus and I thought this one was pretty special.

Attachment 1314548

Wow. That is MAGNIFICENT!!
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 12:53 PM   #6
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Just added a VC Overseas from their e-boutique. I don’t have a physical boutique or AD nearby. I will say the customer service is top notch and I am impressed. In addition to the Overseas, they sent me this lovely tray and some dog treats for my dogs! That had me floored.

We often think “get to know the know the brand and make a relationship with it and be passionate about it” but it’s VC who is thinking “get to know the client, make a relationship, and support their interests.” In my opinion, this is a testament to their ethos and I am thoroughly impressed.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2022, 12:57 PM   #7
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
Wow. That is MAGNIFICENT!!
Quote:
Just added a VC Overseas from their e-boutique. I don’t have a physical boutique or AD nearby. I will say the customer service is top notch and I am impressed. In addition to the Overseas, they sent me this lovely tray and some dog treats for my dogs! That had me floored.

We often think “get to know the know the brand and make a relationship with it and be passionate about it” but it’s VC who is thinking “get to know the client, make a relationship, and support their interests.” In my opinion, this is a testament to their ethos and I am thoroughly impressed.
Thanks! That's a nice tray and a lovely hand-written note. I like such gesture
Old 26 August 2022, 04:33 PM   #8
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thanks buddy, that globe was a gift from my AD, not Patek.

Patek does organise events, lunches and dinners for collectors from time to time, which is great too.

Some of the AD really know how to go the extra mile it seems.

Old 26 August 2022, 04:34 PM   #9
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

VC always seem to knock it out the park

Old 26 August 2022, 11:46 PM   #10
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

I did get a bottle of champagne from the Omega Boutique (which was nice0... but, I really don't care for freebies... Stuff that just sits collects space on a shelf... I have too much stuff already.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2022, 02:24 AM   #11
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

FPJ sends out chocolate at Christmas time. I’ve gotten free travel cases and pouches from Panerai. That is it in terms of swag
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 August 2022, 08:13 PM   #12
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

hmmm, boutique managers would close down the stores for my family private viewings, took us out for dinners and surprised my wife with birthday flowers at the hotel room we stayed even though we did not tell them which hotel.

In terms of the gifts, I think they are pretty standard once you are at certain levels within the brand.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2022, 01:21 PM   #13
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Quote:

Wow, the overseas was available through their web store?
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 August 2022, 01:39 PM   #14
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by btinl View Post
Wow, the overseas was available through their web store?

Not a web store. If you are in an area where you don't have a boutique you call and make nice with the representative and get on the wait list. It allows you to build a relationship and purchase history with the brand.

I called about the 222 on release day and they told me we really encourage you to contact your local boutique but if you can't get a firm delivery timeline call me in September and we can work something out (for example).
Old 30 August 2022, 04:03 PM   #15
Nathan_
"TRF" Member

I have not had much luck with my watch purchases.

I collect Montblanc fountain pens and have received lots of cool freebies including a w/e away interstate to one of their launch parties.

Also had a lot of luck with car dealers.

Cool to see what others receive :)
Nathan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 12:47 AM   #16
classicalthunder
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710 BLRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
Not a web store. If you are in an area where you don't have a boutique you call and make nice with the representative and get on the wait list. It allows you to build a relationship and purchase history with the brand.

I called about the 222 on release day and they told me we really encourage you to contact your local boutique but if you can't get a firm delivery timeline call me in September and we can work something out (for example).
time to rent a cheap apartment in the middle of no where...
classicalthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 01:13 AM   #17
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
‘Freebies’ from the AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicalthunder View Post
time to rent a cheap apartment in the middle of no where...

You're not joking. The rep I spoke to basically guaranteed me a 222 if I didn't get any satisfaction through my AD. That was the most clear answer I've ever got from a dealer
Old 31 August 2022, 01:24 AM   #18
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
…In addition to the Overseas, they sent me this lovely tray and some dog treats for my dogs! That had me floored…
Now that would be a way to my heart as well
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 02:42 AM   #19
Dino944
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman, Kermit
In the past I received chocolates and a leather wallet from VC, and big coffee table style book about Lange from an AD, plus a leather watch roll made for IWC.

Around holidays and birthdays I've received a bottle of champagne, chocolates, a vase with a bouquet of flowers, a large coffee table style book, cologne/fragrances, candles, and porcelain trinket trays from my local Cartier boutique. I was also invited to a steakhouse with a few other collectors to see a new model was it was being released.

Dino944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 10:32 AM   #20
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
Mainly travel boxes but it was kinda cool to get them when I didn't even buy a watch but just said I'll be going on a trip soon

Other times it would be more in store, Roger Dubuis had a private whisky tasting, Cartier would give me a bottle of champagne for my bday etc
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 August 2022, 03:54 PM   #21
lmdh
2024 Pledge Member

Almost forgot this piece of Lewis Hamilton’s car that came with my latest IWC