The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 11 February 2008, 08:58 AM   #1
Earl Camembert
Banned

Opinions on the bracelet.

What do you all think about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-18K-GOLD...QQcmdZViewItem

Quote:
We are not experts, these items are second hand and we are not aware of their previous "life", we can only answer about the item for the time it has been in our possesion.
The clown says it is genuine Rolex then he hedges his bet. FleeBay the perfect confidence game.
Earl Camembert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2008, 09:47 AM   #2
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Earl..it's a fake. Don't get burned again. You are not going to pick up genuine 18K Rolex President bracelet for 3 grand.
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2008, 10:58 AM   #3
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
Earl..it's a fake. Don't get burned again. You are not going to pick up genuine 18K Rolex President bracelet for 3 grand.
I could have had one for $1770. Remember they are used.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=014
This seller is a pawn shop and he has never been wrong.

I think you are correct about this one, it stinks I can tell just by the double talking power hustler with 100k% feedback. Gott'a love FleeBay.

Point of order I have not been burned recently.
Old 11 February 2008, 12:12 PM   #4
jfishe08

yikes.
jfishe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2008, 12:15 PM   #5
CoopJr
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Camembert View Post

Point of order I have not been burned recently.
Didn't you recently purchase a DD off of eBay and RSC of NY said the bracelet was not genuine
CoopJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2008, 12:53 PM   #6
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopJr View Post
Didn't you recently purchase a DD off of eBay and RSC of NY said the bracelet was not genuine
Yes but it is 18k and I only paid $4500. I held the watch in my hand and it felt good.

A new aftermarket 18k bracelet with no Rolex markings retails for $3,500. I asked the seller if the bracelet was real as it the clasp didn't look right he assured me it was. That is what Linda at Tarrytown Jewlers said but she wasn't sure. She had to check with the Tarrytown Yoda.

The only reason I want a genuine Rolex bracelet is because of collectors. 18k feels like 18k to me. An expert will not be able to tell when the watch is on my wrist, he must look with a loop and it takes more than a glance.

The dial has been refinished but I can't tell and it took Yoda at Rolex more than a glance, he had to take it apart. The mineral crystal is the most obvious as it looks so clean and bright. I have a plastic one sealed in a Rolex bag that I will never touch as I don't want to break the seal.

This is more of a hobby/game as I can't improve the performance of the watch only the perceived esoteric value.

That is why I will not stand for buying an aftermarket bracelet as I already have one, with the hidden clasp. It just doesn't sit right that 100% power sellers are claiming 100% Rolex yet when pushed tell me to take my money else ware as they know they are liars.

A new genuine Rolex dial in good condition sells for $500, Rolex knows what they are doing in the way they do business.
Old 12 February 2008, 09:13 AM   #7
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
I am glad it wasnt me buying it,as to me it looks 100% legit.
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 February 2008, 06:06 AM   #8
Earl Camembert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Camembert View Post
What do you all think about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/GENUINE-18K-GOLD...QQcmdZViewItem

The seller says it is genuine Rolex then he hedges his bet. FleeBay the perfect confidence game.

Well I got an answer from the seller and I quote.
Quote:
Q: How do you know it is real? If I take it to Rolex USA and it is fake what will you do? Feb-11-08

A: Hi, we guarantee its real- we had it refurbished by an Authorized Rolex dealer who also explained this is the new Rolex clasp with the much heavier links. We Guarantee that this is a genuine Rolex. We sell no reproductions or after-market items without clearly stating so. As you can tell by our feedback we have over 7990 positive feedbacks and only 2 negatives. Again, we guarantee it to be original and I am sure that if you send this exact band to Rolex they will also state the same.
Now we all know Super Duper Power Platinum Seller status is total B.S. and the guy avoided answering what he would do if Rolex USA says the band is non-Rolex. Roles USA trumps any AD's opinion even a RSC opinion, time for another e-mail asking again what if Roles USA says non-Rolex. I give 3 to 1 he tells me the same thing this guy did.
Quote:
rather than email them to you, I'll post the pictures on the auction.

Your first question was about the clasp, and I think the pictures will give you as much information as is possible from pictures.

You're second question is about the bracelet and sometimes, in older vintage bracelets, you have to use an ounce of science and an ounce of common sense and an ounce of faith. The common sense, in this case, is the consistency of age and wear from the end pieces to the bracelet to the clasp. People usually don't spend all that time and effort to make a fake non-mint vintage bracelet and then sell it for $1800. They might make a new bracelet and put it on a watch with the hopes of getting a six thousand mark up on the watch...or they might make a fake PN or Comex...but why make a fake bracelet sell it for less than a an honest reproduction of the bracelet from Italy costs. Now maybe, since I'm not a crook, I don't think like they do...but that's my common sense. On the science side, when I bought this and another bracelet, I went to RSC in Beverly Hills and said "Are these honest?" And they looked at them and said, "yes." Now I have heard that really good fakes have fooled even Rolex. So at that point, I stop worrying about it all and just try to enjoy my life. I am not an expert. When I sell something it is sold...no return unless I know the person really well...and then they can return it just because they change their mind. But what if you are a crook and I send you my bracelet and then you say it is a fake but you keep it and send me back a fake and I refund your money but then I take it to Rolex and they say "this is a fake, this isn't the same bracelet you showed us before." So you see how crazy this all gets. I would suggest you go to the vintage rolex forum and ask around about me. But more important, if you really want to be sure you arne't buying a fake bracelet, go to Rolex and buy a new one. Then you will be 100% sure.
John
That item has been withdrawn.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123
Old 13 February 2008, 08:17 AM   #9
Earl Camembert
Banned

I went all in and called.

I just got an e-mail back and she agreeing to mark the bracelet and let me take it to Rolex USA. If Rolex USA asys it is not-Rolex she will take it back.

Now my problem, I just noticed the bracelst was made after 2000. How diffacult will it be to fit a 2000 bracelet to a 1970 watch. I heard the lugs taper more on the newer watches.

The bracelet is also only 5 and 5/16 inches long, it has 20 links and two end piceses but I have three additional links for the older President bracelet.

If this is a genuine Rolex at that size and polished so some detail is removed what is the worth?

The seller beleaves the bracelet is real as that is what her AD told her but she has no papaers stating so. I want papers, I want to know every tiney detail as it will look very impressive in this box at the estate sale.
Old 15 February 2008, 06:32 AM   #10
Earl Camembert
Banned

The seller states
"THE BAND MEASURES 5 5/16" LONG, THE BAND WIDTH STARTS AT 1 1/8" (BUCKLE) TO 1.5" (COLLAR). THE BAND IS VERY HEAVY AND WEIGHS "

That means the last link is 38 mm and the DD is still only 36 mm, I just got this back from the seller. BYW this seller doesn't sell only one type of item but different crap. They say.
"tHOSE ARE THE MEASUREMENTS. I ASSUME THE ORIGINAL OWNER OF THE PIECE WAS A VERY THIN MAN WHO DID NOT NEED SUCH A LARGE WRIST SIZE BAND- I HAVE SEEN IT QUITE OFTEN IN PATEK, ROLEX, VACHERON CONSTANTIN , AND BAUME/MERCIER GOLD BANDS WHICH ARE SHORT IN LENGTH TO ACCOMODATE SMALL MEN'S WRISTS. THIS IS A MAN'S PRESIDENT BAND- WITH THE WIDTH AND LENGTH AS STATED. THANK YOU"

Is the new Rolex President that much larger in width then the old one. I also have a written promise from the seller if the bracelet is not genuine Rolex as documented by Rolex USA I can get my money back.

It appears that this will sell for about $2000, a great deal if it is real. If not real I have a contract to return it.

P.S. This fool keeps jacking up the price of the items I'm interested in.
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e_ViewItemLink

Last edited by Earl Camembert; 15 February 2008 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: P.S.