The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 17 January 2019, 08:27 AM   #1
jestrada
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060, 216570 Pol
New to AP and need advice on the ROO Rubberclad

Hi all, first time posting here. This forum has been great for someone like me trying to learn about the brand.

Anyway, I’ve long been pining for the Royal Oak Offshore and with a bit of searching, I’ve narrowed down my choice for my first between a SS ROO Diver or the discontinued SS ROO Rubberclad; leaning more towards the latter as my first choice. (I like the RO but what attracted me to the ROO is that it’s more masculine imo and I want a rubber strap for my next sports watch since I own a few rolex ss prof already). I’ve decided I’d go the pre-owned route to test the waters first then go brand new on my next pieces if the love for the brand sticks (plus the rubberclad, being my first choice, has been discontinued so no choice but to go pre-owned there). Came across recently on a seemingly good deal for a 2012 (G series methinks) ROO RC.

So I’ve read the sticky about what to look out for when acquiring a pre-owned AP but I wanted to ask specifically for the ROO Rubberclad what to look out for. Is this particular model any good? For those who own/owned this particular model, any watch outs?

Would greatly appreciate any input and apologies for this long first post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jestrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 09:10 AM   #2
jestrada
"TRF" Member

Just a slight correction, the rubberclad I’m looking to acquire is the 25940SK and is an H series

Old 17 January 2019, 09:20 AM   #3
AltiTudor
"TRF" Member

I've had the ROO Rubberclad (silver dial) now for about 12 years — it's a fantastic watch. In fact, I only recently sent it in for it's first service (I know, I know) and it came back looking like a new watch. That said, I found that it wore very well and is quite robust. No real issue in those 12 years and only in the past year did it start losing time (like 20 sec/day). The rubber bezel still looked great, and the case resisted scratches quite well. The only recommendation I'd make (besides DO IT) is to replace the rubber deployant strap with the AP diver rubber strap. I find it to be much more comfortable on the wider tang buckle set up.
AltiTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 09:51 AM   #4
jestrada
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltiTudor View Post
I've had the ROO Rubberclad (silver dial) now for about 12 years — it's a fantastic watch. In fact, I only recently sent it in for it's first service (I know, I know) and it came back looking like a new watch. That said, I found that it wore very well and is quite robust. No real issue in those 12 years and only in the past year did it start losing time (like 20 sec/day). The rubber bezel still looked great, and the case resisted scratches quite well. The only recommendation I'd make (besides DO IT) is to replace the rubber deployant strap with the AP diver rubber strap. I find it to be much more comfortable on the wider tang buckle set up.

Thanks for the inputs AltiTUDOR, appreciate it!

Old 17 January 2019, 02:24 PM   #5
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Had a ROO RC H serial for several years, really enjoyed it and was a great piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
V25V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 05:32 PM   #6
Betta01
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Had a ROO RC H serial for several years, really enjoyed it and was a great piece.

Lovely watch.
Always wanted to get one and wear it on with a bracelet. May get it if a good piece shows up.

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Betta01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2019, 08:53 PM   #7
jestrada
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post

That’s exactly what I’m eyeing. Looks amazing!Thanks for sharing!

Old 18 January 2019, 04:56 AM   #8
punta del este
"TRF" Member

I own a Black Dial Rubber Clad and I think its an absolutely great watch, the only issue I have found is the same as AltiTudor in that the deployment strap can be a slightly uncomfortable. I may be thinking of selling mine so let me know if you are interested.
punta del este is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 08:48 AM   #9
Jp28
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punta del este View Post
I own a Black Dial Rubber Clad and I think its an absolutely great watch, the only issue I have found is the same as AltiTudor in that the deployment strap can be a slightly uncomfortable. I may be thinking of selling mine so let me know if you are interested.
Get the diver strap and buckle and it becomes really comfortable
Jp28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 09:35 AM   #10
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
RC is an iconic watch. Make sure the rubber bezel is in good condition and that it is genuine so the date window should be in the right place on the dial, check where the fake ones are so you can tell.
AK797 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2019, 11:00 AM   #11
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

I never had any comfort issues with mine above. Had it on black/white hornback for a bit but rubber is where it's at. Definitely make sure the rubber bezel is in good shape, it's 3k to have it replaced at APSC.

Old 18 January 2019, 11:41 PM   #12
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
I have it in Rose gold. Love it!
Old 19 January 2019, 12:43 AM   #13
AltiTudor
"TRF" Member

It's less than $3K to have the bezel replaced. I had a full-service done and including the bezel, the total was $3K.
AltiTudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2019, 01:06 AM   #14
V25V
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltiTudor View Post
It's less than $3K to have the bezel replaced. I had a full-service done and including the bezel, the total was $3K.
The cost of the bezel is 3K. They may have discounted it for you but that's the msrp price tag.